It's That Time Again...Music Radar Poll

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Arturia CS 80 and SEM are also in this list... interesting that people voted also for this synth from the V-Collection.
And the winner is Serum (not such a surprise)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't think Chipspeech is any of that, a lot of people probably just voted for it for fun, there is often an absurd fun option in polls, and it often gets a lot of votes :)

Right ?!? I always lie in polls. I would totally vote for something that was terrible but had a high likelihood of making it into the rankings, for example, Chipspeech, because.....wait for....other people were thinking EXACTLY the same thing.

I think those young artists that made voices for Chipspeech are just good at the internet thing.

Most of those young artists have a twitter following that dwarfs plugin dev accounts.

Hell, some of those graphic artists that made illustrations for it may have a bigger following.

It taps into that vocaloid/anime thing.

One single popular musician/artist can bring a lot of votes to a single plugin.
Last edited by pottering on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chipspeech. That's the secret weapon in my arsenal that's been missing. :dog:

Gonna go and make that hit j-pop record now ..

Diversion! Gone!

It's a weird list. Not because of my Diverison outcry, but... there are some real oddballs in there.

generaldiomedes wrote:Chipspeech. That's the secret weapon in my arsenal that's been missing. :dog:

Gonna go and make that hit j-pop record now ..
:lol:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

This is not a list of best synths... but of the most affordable synths and to those that can buy them. .... That being said I think Serums Splice purchase plan van have influenced this greatly... however Serum is also well Marketed to the EDM crowd bit it can do so much more. Google synth tutorials for any EDM genre and you will see Serum, Massive and still Sylenth come up more often. I personally feel that the way the synth is marketed, its affordability or accessibility to buy via payment plans and the popular genres will ultimately build or sink developers!!! Kvr is only a small community compared to the sea of EDM Kids compared to us KVR music producers with varied production and compositional styles

Most affordable synths and yet Omnisphere is right up there near the tippy top... lol ok

Barring a few aberrations I suspect this list is actually pretty accurate, it corroborates similar results obtained elsewhere, like the gearslutz top softsynth poll, splice.com plugin usage statistics, vi-control.net polls, etc.

I think the bigger issue is that KVR is not nearly as representative of the world of soft synths as some members might think.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

aumordia wrote:Most affordable synths and yet Omnisphere is right up there near the tippy top... lol ok

Barring a few aberrations I suspect this list is actually pretty accurate, it corroborates similar results obtained elsewhere, like the gearslutz top softsynth poll, splice.com plugin usage statistics, vi-control.net polls, etc.

I think the bigger issue is that KVR is not nearly as representative of the world of soft synths as some members might think.
Agreed +1

My opinion was mainly in response to serum... but omnisphere does flaw it a bit though.. :hihi:

ONEPINGONLY!!!!! FORREVVEER!!!!!

I think the poll was run for too short a period of time. It's basically a popularity contest and it doesn't make much sense that Chipspeech and Phosphor are beating out a variety of clearly more popular synthesizers. If this thread was started when the poll started they ran it for what, under a week? Why not run it for longer so more people hear about it and the results are more accurate?

It's basically in line what what you'd expect, but the weirder parts of it could have been avoided with a longer running and more advertised poll.

I think we all have to admit that whoever created the poll does not check KVR 3-5 times per day and that is why they have no clue -- perhaps a life -- but still, no clue.

Of course, KVR is right and the rest of the world is wrong.

The Music Radar poll is a fake poll, fake news. Bad.

It is getting silly really quickly with that poll at MR.....

Happy to see Oddity 2 on there. I was surprised Imposcar2 didn't make it on the list and beat out Oddity 2. Was also surprised to see Waves Element on there considering it gets so much hate on here. Wasn't glad to see Dune 2 so far down on the list but most of the top 20 or so are all heavy hitters in the pop world, so no surprise. Glad Z3ta+2 was on there- it just sounds good, but many disagree. Of course every u-he synth was on there, except Ace. If the poll was only KVR I would guess Diva would be at the very top to beat out Serum. Strobe and Diversion are two that sound great that were not on there. Absynth made it up there. No waldorfs but Softube Modular was high up, and i wonder why Enzyme was trolled up (guessing). Phonem was high up and I little of that one, but seems really good. Everybody and their mom love Massive.

Return to “Instruments”