Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
1eqinfinity
KVRist

189 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Postby 1eqinfinity; Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:23 am Re: Ribs

nichttuntun wrote:I am using Cubase on a PC. Is there still something to be aware of when installing and uninstalling your VST regarding the delete all folder bug?

Sorry, I didn't get what bug do you mean?
nichttuntun
KVRist

418 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:54 am Re: Ribs

1eqinfinity wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:I am using Cubase on a PC. Is there still something to be aware of when installing and uninstalling your VST regarding the delete all folder bug?

Sorry, I didn't get what bug do you mean?

Hi. Several people said that when they used the uninstaller that the whole VST (where all plugins are installed) is deleted.
1eqinfinity
KVRist

Postby 1eqinfinity; Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:24 am Re: Ribs

nichttuntun wrote:Hi. Several people said that when they used the uninstaller that the whole VST (where all plugins are installed) is deleted.

I think I get what you mean. Ribs at this point doesn't write any data to the registry or anywhere else. So if Ribs.dll gets deleted, you can just redownload it :) As to the stored project settings, I don't know where does Cubase store them and there's no way to control if it gets deleted by Cubase, so here you just have to be cautious.
Last edited by 1eqinfinity on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
1eqinfinity
KVRist

Postby 1eqinfinity; Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 am Re: Ribs

@ everyone The error was in the v1.2.0 code, so it is possible that presets saved with betas 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are not restored correctly, as well as the older ones.
However, 1.2.2 beta restores correctly the setup of all previous versions. At least as my tests have shown.

@levendris Please try to open your old presets or projects with this new beta. Unfortunately I could not restore the state from any of your .fxps. Perhaps the problem is in the files, because they are almost 10 times smaller than they should be. But it's not a big problem, because I've created presets with the old dlls that I keep and ran tests on them.
And thank you very much for reporting this bug! If it stayed there for a couple of new versions, it would be harder to deal with. :oops: :tu:

Ribs v1.2.2 beta: https://yadi.sk/d/5o9-SIHJ3KrjpF
>>> If states are not being restored correctly still, please let me know. <<<
Last edited by 1eqinfinity on Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
1eqinfinity
KVRist

Postby 1eqinfinity; Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:47 am Re: Ribs

here's a quick color map that shows who moved where:
levendis
KVRist

67 posts since 23 Mar, 2014

Postby levendis; Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:35 am Re: Ribs

1eqinfinity wrote:Please try to open your old presets or projects with this new beta. Unfortunately I could not restore the state from any of your .fxps. Perhaps the problem is in the files, because they are almost 10 times smaller than they should be. But it's not a big problem, because I've created presets with the old dlls that I keep and ran tests on them.

Eek! i can't open the fxps either !? Unfortunately, they were the only ones that i kept. Since then i've made new states in v.1.2.1
1eqinfinity wrote:And thank you very much for reporting this bug!

My pleasure, and v.1.2.2 is opening plugin states in projects exactly as expected. :)

And thank you, for your prompt and generous development!!!
1eqinfinity
KVRist

Postby 1eqinfinity; Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:22 am Re: Ribs

levendis wrote:My pleasure, and v.1.2.2 is opening plugin states in projects exactly as expected. :)

Happy to hear that! :)
timboalogo
KVRer

26 posts since 21 Jan, 2005, from Toronto

Postby timboalogo; Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:05 pm Re: Ribs

Sorry to bug you folks, but I'm using v1.1.0 in Sonar X3 and I've been able to get sound out of this amazing VST but for the life of me, I can't record it.

I've included a pic of my simple setup, but in my mind I can't figure out how to record the output.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Timbo

PS can't find the newer versions on the web ...?[img]http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w400/timboalogo/x3%20with%20ribs_zpsfszkohvm.jpg[/img]
levendis
KVRist

67 posts since 23 Mar, 2014

Postby levendis; Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:50 pm Re: Ribs

timboalogo wrote:… I'm using v1.1.0 in Sonar X3 and I've been able to get sound out of this amazing VST but for the life of me, I can't record it.

While i haven't Sonar X3, to test Ribs' output, it is possible to do a non-realtime (offline) render of the plugin's processing; ie. by exporting the project to audio file.
If that's not working for you, then may i recommend MRecorder, placed after Ribs in the signal chain.
1eqinfinity
KVRist

Postby 1eqinfinity; Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:37 am Re: Ribs

timboalogo wrote:Sorry to bug you folks, but I'm using v1.1.0 in Sonar X3 and I've been able to get sound out of this amazing VST but for the life of me, I can't record it.

I'd be glad to help, but I've never used Sonar.

PS can't find the newer versions on the web ...?

The newest is beta 1.2.2. I put all betas in this cloud folder: https://yadi.sk/d/5o9-SIHJ3KrjpF
By the way, stable will have to work better with request buf parameter automation, so if you use automation a lot, just keep that in mind.
timboalogo
KVRer

26 posts since 21 Jan, 2005, from Toronto

Postby timboalogo; Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:34 am Re: Ribs

Thanks for the help, I will give it a try.
KVRAF

3010 posts since 27 Dec, 2002, from North East England

Postby cron; Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:09 am Re: Ribs

Many thanks for the continued updates 1eqinfinity. Much appreciated :)
dandezebra
KVRian

590 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:07 pm Re: Ribs

I will be trying this (finally) this coming week. I've spent a lot of time reading the thread but not with the Plugin! Thanks for this and I'll report my experiences soon!
1eqinfinity
KVRist

Postby 1eqinfinity; Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:48 am Re: Ribs

cron wrote:Many thanks for the continued updates 1eqinfinity. Much appreciated :)

You're welcome :) I think that after 1.2.2 stable is released there will be only bugfixes in the free version.

dandezebra wrote:I will be trying this (finally) this coming week. I've spent a lot of time reading the thread but not with the Plugin! Thanks for this and I'll report my experiences soon!

Were difficulties with midi setup the main reason of that you weren't using the plugin until now? Looking forward to your feedback :)
dandezebra
KVRian

590 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:27 am Re: Ribs

No difficulties yet as I haven't even opened it yet. :o Mostly just too busy with Black Friday and Christmas pickups!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments