Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
] Peter:H [
KVRist

147 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:46 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted.

Me favs go to the General and Zippy. Well done guys!
Julian Ray
KVRist

457 posts since 4 Mar, 2009, from CANADA

Postby Julian Ray; Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:30 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted !
| Music | Sound | Visual |
mehum
KVRist

394 posts since 24 Feb, 2015, from Stockholm, Sweden

Postby mehum; Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:54 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Have voted!

Insanely high quality this month and I really think each entry show cases the strengths of the Spiral Generator in some way or other.

Since I always use the full spectrum of points when voting I have given out a few 1:s. If this triggers you, don't look at the scoring sheet :)
My scoring is relational rather based on any criteria. I think you've all done wonderful work this time around and it was hard to pick both favorites and least favorites.

I have not come around to commenting on Sound Cloud. May take time for that later.
mutools
KVRAF

8955 posts since 24 Jun, 2008, from Europe

Postby mutools; Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:53 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (win/mac/linux) (2 New Prizes: Echorus and PrettyScope!)

J.Ruegg wrote:I initially started in Mulab, but CPU usage was too much, so I changed to Renoise, wich can auto disable silence plugins, and that helped a lot. (in mulab I should had to bypass manually inactive plugins while working on the track)

FYI: In MuLab and MUX VST you can auto-bypass VSTs too but you have to enable it: In each VST's context menu there is "Setup Auto Bypass". If you set it to eg 1000 ms then when there is no input and the output is silent for more than 1000 ms then the VST is not processed anymore until new input arrives. Also see https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/u ... ugins.html
J.Ruegg
KVRist

178 posts since 16 Mar, 2013, from Lima - Perú

Postby J.Ruegg; Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:27 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (win/mac/linux) (2 New Prizes: Echorus and PrettyScope!)

mutools wrote:
J.Ruegg wrote:I initially started in Mulab, but CPU usage was too much, so I changed to Renoise, wich can auto disable silence plugins, and that helped a lot. (in mulab I should had to bypass manually inactive plugins while working on the track)

FYI: In MuLab and MUX VST you can auto-bypass VSTs too but you have to enable it: In each VST's context menu there is "Setup Auto Bypass". If you set it to eg 1000 ms then when there is no input and the output is silent for more than 1000 ms then the VST is not processed anymore until new input arrives. Also see https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/u ... ugins.html

Wow! I didn't know that!
That will be very useful.
Thank you. :tu:

I think I will take a look to the entire documentation, maybe I will learn some new things.
HiEnergy
KVRian

778 posts since 19 Jun, 2006, from Berlin, Germany

Postby HiEnergy; Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:25 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted
Feel the energy...
https://hearthis.at/hienergy/
AlienXXX
KVRist

115 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby AlienXXX; Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:54 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted.

This is always my least favourite part.
Whenever possible I try to spend some time giving comments/feedback on Soundcloud. This makes the voting process feel a bit less cold to me. - although I don't do it for every track. Sorry, there are just too many.

In the end it is a matter of taste. But I am always humbled as there is always something to learn even from the tracks I don't like.
Although I did not use in my track all sounds or presets I created for Spiral Generator, I thought in my explorations I had covered most sounds that could be created with the synth. After listening to your tracks I realize I covered about 2% of the synth's potential...
generaldiomedes
KVRist

110 posts since 14 Apr, 2017

Postby generaldiomedes; Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:06 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted - Awesome variety of tunes, astounded at the creativity and skill on display this month. Very humbling!
the five assed monkey
KVRer

10 posts since 28 Oct, 2010

Postby the five assed monkey; Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:11 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted. great tracks this month, lots of inspiration. good luck everybody!
Programator2
KVRer

20 posts since 22 Aug, 2015, from Slovakia

Postby Programator2; Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:09 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted.
As always, good luck everyone!
zarf
KVRist

178 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Postby zarf; Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:10 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted.
As has been said - many great tracks again this month. Amazed by the different styles and sounds people get from one synth, once again. I enjoyed listening and commenting. Well done all!
eraze the borders
KVRist

54 posts since 4 Apr, 2012

Postby eraze the borders; Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:04 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted.

Very interesting month really. Good work everybody :clap:

Thank you for all the comments on SC and sorry if I wasn't able to comment on every track.
doctorbob
KVRian

764 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:37 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted. Amazed by the contributions. Well done all. Good luck!

dB
jovexli
KVRer

17 posts since 6 Jun, 2012

Postby jovexli; Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:36 am Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted.
J.Ruegg
KVRist

178 posts since 16 Mar, 2013, from Lima - Perú

Postby J.Ruegg; Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:11 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Voting Time!)

Voted!.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments