Vintage tonewheel organ: GG Audio-Blue3 has been updated to 1.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wasn't the author of the splitting manuals idea. The low pass filter line out allows you to isolate basslines.

SMH wrote:
egbert wrote:
chris.r wrote:
electro wrote:The only big thing missing is separated outputs for processing the upper and lower manuals through 3rd party FX.
Never heard of such feature. Only splitting high and low rotary speaker signals.
Line outs and line outs with low pass for the bass line are common mods to Hammonds. Trek make a bunch of hardware modules for mods to Hammonds including the above line out unit, a reverb tank and FX loops.
Not separate line outs for each manual. At least I've never heard of it and don't see how it could be easily done. The two manuals rely on the Hammond's AO-28 pre-amp to be mixed and have Vibrato/Chorus and Percussion applied. Usually any line out mod is done after this pre-amp, not before (where the signals are severely high-impedance and wouldn't work for most line level inputs other than maybe guitar amps, which have high-impedance inputs, not line-level).
Each manual can be independently patched into the Chorus Vibrato circuit. The Lower manual and Pedal manual gets mixed into a signal before the Chorus Vibrato circuit.
SMH wrote: Again, it's a complete no-brainer to set this up in your DAW. Just run two instances of the plugin. It's the last thing GG should be worrying about at this point (if ever).
Wrong because all manuals need to be in phase sync which you lose by running multiple instances.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Wanna tell: The organ sounds very nice - very surprised over here.
It can really compete with my Nord C2. Fat tone in the low end and not too bright to ouch my ears in the higher octaves. Only the C3 chorus could be more present and floating.
I like the leakage and the crosstalk - that´s some serious dirt!
Nice one GG :clap:
BTW I don´t care about Leslie fx, got a neo vent for that purposes.
The average bored guy

electro wrote:Wrong because all manuals need to be in phase sync which you lose by running multiple instances.
Point taken. (Though I think you'd be hard pressed to hear the difference.) And again, it's not something you ever hear done with the real instrument. (The Chorus/Vibrato is *built in*. Like I said, applying that is a function of the Hammond's internal preamp that mixes the manuals together and provides the percussion envelope -- only for the upper manual -- as well.)

I think what's way more important is getting an effect version so we can apply the Leslie after an effect we've inserted. (Spring reverb! It's okay by me if they don't want to add one of their own. VB3 has one but it's unusable as it emphasizes certain frequencies very strongly.) That would also be necessary to use a single Leslie with multiple instances. (Though it's not uncommon to have multiple Leslies. You shouldn't be forced into it.)

Still loving the sound and tweakability of this!

What spring reverb would you use?

I really like the one in IK Multimedia's Amplitube a lot, though I wish there was a way to just isolate the spring without the rest of the amp model. (You can at least disable the cabinet part of the sim. And you can use a clean sounding amp model and low gain settings.)

Cool, going to check it out! Is it available in the free version? From their commercial releases I have only their leslie cabinet bought with some extra gear credits, and american tube vintage, that I got as a gift on the 20th celebration couple months ago. Not sure where to look for the spring reverb.

chris.r wrote:What spring reverb would you use?
http://aegeanmusic.com/spirit-reverb

The best in my opinion.
Also, unlimited demo.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

chris.r wrote:Cool, going to check it out! Is it available in the free version? From their commercial releases I have only their leslie cabinet bought with some extra gear credits, and american tube vintage, that I got as a gift on the 20th celebration couple months ago. Not sure where to look for the spring reverb.
Yep, the spring reverb is in several amp models in the basic kit that comes free in Amplitube. The Fendery one it starts up with has one.

Thanks for the link, evillantal, I'll try spirit-reverb too.

Ah ok, see it now, it's built in the amp :clown:

chris.r wrote:Ah ok, see it now, it's built in the amp :clown:
Yeah. Otherwise you could use it all by itself by bypassing the amp and cabinet part of the sim and just using the pedals section. You can switch the power amp section to Solid State to get a cleaner sound out of it.

Spirit Reverb is interesting and at first impression not awful. I need to spend some more time tweaking it as it doesn't really come with useable presets. Need to try it with guitar too.

Fun!

Try your reverb VSTs in front of PSP Lotary.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Try your reverb VSTs in front of PSP Lotary.
Apart from the fact that Lotary must be possibly the most amazing rotary plugin on the market in terms of reality put into the sound, there's some strange woodiness in it that I don't like. It feels like you'd seat almost inside the cabinet and listen to all details, and that's fine, but that's not the point for me. I want my leslie to sound same as on my favorite tunes, same way of micing and processing the sound for contemporary music, and you'll have to know and do it same way as the branch magicians that produced the songs. I think you can't beat the Blue3's leslie for that. At least that's what my ears are telling me :wink:

Having compared the demo tracks of Blue 3 to those of B-5 from AcousticSamples, I would say that B-5 sounds somewhat more natural, more "organic", so to say. But of course I know that demos can be quite misleading. Does anyone own the two and care to give us their opinion on that?

Well, it's just amazing how close a (virtual) plugin can get. In the end, samples are just (static) samples.

Return to “Instruments”