X is to snares as Kick 2 is to kicks?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The way Kick 2 just works for kick drums is pretty amazing to me, I can flip through any number of presets or create my own and everything always sounds so dialed in, it’s perfect.

Has anyone made something for snare sounds what Sonic Academy’s Kick 2 is for bass drum sounds?

Audiothing has something for claps and hats, so snares are the last piece of the puzzle.

Thoughts?

Sorry, I do not have an answer but am interested in your post myself. I can only add that Kick2 is the mutts nuts. :tu: A tad un-intuitive at times using envelope to ear coordination (amplitude envelope seems to have an effect greater than volume alone to my ear on kicks I have made, moving one point can seem to shift volume/pitch/tone of another area of the kick) but once you have it close to how you want it is spot on for shaping the perfect kick for your track. The level of control is superb, but dialling in that last 2-3pct of perfection can be fiddly.

The perfect kick takes some time but for many EDM genres is critical.

In the meantime..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hc4gFKWFQw

I've been working on a snare synth based partly on the kick 2 body technology. You can recreate snare bodies quite effectively with it although I added individual decays for each partial which helps make it more realistic. (Although that's not what we always want)

It can do 909 stuff right through to live snares.

I havnt found a suitable way to simulate snare wire yet although I totally got sidetracked with Ana 2... will be back on to it once we get Ana 2 out.

^ Sounds Awesome
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:I've been working on a snare synth based partly on the kick 2 body technology. You can recreate snare bodies quite effectively with it although I added individual decays for each partial which helps make it more realistic. (Although that's not what we always want)

It can do 909 stuff right through to live snares.

I havnt found a suitable way to simulate snare wire yet although I totally got sidetracked with Ana 2... will be back on to it once we get Ana 2 out.
Awesome! I can't wait. Kick 2 is one of my most used plugins because of its consistently great quality and depth, while maintaining a relative ease of use. I would seriously love to have something just like it for snares! I also, ahem, volunteer myself for beta testing should you need beta testers :)

Phil Sonic Academy wrote:I havnt found a suitable way to simulate snare wire yet although I totally got sidetracked with Ana 2... will be back on to it once we get Ana 2 out.
Study snare buzz

If you could do that sort of thing with multiple types of sound sources (inc. real snare strings, and noises made from distortions. etc) it would be killer.

Thanks, a snare fanatic

Return to “Instruments”