Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
djanthonyw
KVRAF

6767 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Boston

Postby djanthonyw; Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:33 pm Electri6ity or Strawberry?

I've been trying to decide on an electric guitar VI and have narrowed it down to these two, but am having a difficult time deciding without a demo. Does anyone have both, what do you recommend?
You are currently reading my signature.
wagtunes
KVRAF

8018 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:48 pm Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

I only have Electri6ity. I doubt many people own both given the cost of these libraries.

Electri6ity has a steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it sounds amazing. I have used it for quite a few tracks and only virtual guitar experts can tell it's not real. I've fooled a lot of normal people with the tracks I've done.

If you're looking for easy, stay away from Electri6ity. It's anything but. Strawberry I can't comment on.
Valimesh
KVRist

71 posts since 28 Jan, 2009

Postby Valimesh; Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 pm Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

https://soundcloud.com/anger-cage/the-b ... d-the-girl

A song I wrote using Electri6ity as TWO of the primary guitars. Electri6ity is used panned 100% left and 100% right. There are other guitar vsts...whose names I don't recall at the moment that are panned 70% left and 70% right...but you could easily do something like this using only Electri6ity, I didn't do that, myself, because I wanted a bit of variety. I'd say it's the best guitar vst on the market, today.

Please forgive the production and my shitty vocals, lol...I still rather new at production.
Check out my solo projects!
If you like metal, youtube Nefarious Affliction.
If you like alternative rock/grunge, youtube Anger Cage.
djanthonyw
KVRAF

Postby djanthonyw; Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:13 am Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

Thanks for the replies, guys. I would love to hear more user demos for each product, and if anyone has both, some comparison examples would be excellent.
Vortifex
KVRist

241 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:37 am Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

Any particular reason why you've decided against one of the Shreddage 2 guitars? They're only $99 until the end of today and sound pretty good.
djanthonyw
KVRAF

Postby djanthonyw; Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:38 am Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

I looked into them, but it seems they're geared mainly towards just metal? Since I mainly product electronic music, I'm looking for an option that is going to be most versatile as I'd really only want one library for electric guitar sounds.

At the moment it seems that Electri6ity sounds the most authentic and is going to pretty much offer everything one would need, but on the other hand Strawberry seems to be very versatile too with a much smaller footprint. I wish Electricity was offered with just a DI option and excluded the amped versions.
wagtunes
KVRAF

8018 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:42 am Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

djanthonyw wrote:I looked into them, but it seems they're geared mainly towards just metal? Since I mainly product electronic music, I'm looking for an option that is going to be most versatile as I'd really only want one library for electric guitar sounds.

At the moment it seems that Electri6ity sounds the most authentic and is going to pretty much offer everything one would need, but on the other hand Strawberry seems to be very versatile too with a much smaller footprint. I wish Electricity was offered with just a DI option and excluded the amped versions.

It does come with clean non amped guitars. I used Guitar Rig for my FX in the demo above and have since added Amplitude 4.
djanthonyw
KVRAF

Postby djanthonyw; Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 am Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

Yes, well I mean I wish there was an option just to by the DI versions for less, plus it would take up a smaller footprint.
bill45
KVRAF

1953 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:05 pm Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

Electri6ity Is DI, the amps are amp sims From kontakt
thejonsolo
KVRAF

1560 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 pm Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

Strawberry has an amazing sound. But you would have to purchase more to get the variety you get with Electri6ity. I bought 5 guitars from Orangetree for a little more than Electri6ity and never looked back. OTree stuff is incredible. Great scripting, great sound. Easy out of the box.
Armagibbon
KVRist

319 posts since 20 Apr, 2017

Postby Armagibbon; Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 pm Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

I was in your shoes awhile back, did a buncha research on orange tree vs vir2. Bottom line... they're both f*ckin awesome, but vir2 will handle more genres no prob. Orange tree stuff doesn't take to metal very well, missing some styles and lengths of mutes that make it hard to get a good flow in a rhythm line. Does everything else just fine. And I mean everything. No probs other than that.

Also some budget guitars out there that sound pretty kickass... renegade by indiginus can do most things you'd want from an electric. It's like 60 bucks, all direct samples with kontakt amp sim as an option. Damn good design too... pick up and play no f*ckin around with articulations.
bill45
KVRAF

1953 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:14 pm Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

Orange tree stratosphere may be mor verastile.
Last edited by bill45 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR

3788 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from the grimness of yorkshire

Postby donkey tugger; Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:39 pm Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

Does it have to be Kontakt? If not I'd definitely look at the Amplesound stuff. The strumming and riffer tools are excellent for producing realistic tracks. There's a fully functional 7 day demo of the Les Paul on their site.

Here's one I did earlier in the indie rock stylee where all the electrics are the AS Tele;

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/07- ... bugger.mp3
djanthonyw
KVRAF

Postby djanthonyw; Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:40 pm Re: Electri6ity or Strawberry?

Thanks guys, I'll check out those other options too!
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments