Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Cinebient
KVRAF

2606 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:16 pm New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Could it be something with resonators? Sounds a bit like something Kaleidoscope does.
Not much to hear or see but in general i like Wolfgang Palm ideas.
https://youtu.be/Jlb7RT-dtr4
dayjob
KVRian

1172 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Postby dayjob; Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:37 pm Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Cinebient wrote:Could it be something with resonators? Sounds a bit like something Kaleidoscope does.

doesn't really sound like kaleidoscope.. sounds more verby and resonant. kaleidoscope just sounds like complicated comb filters to me.. or at least that's where i end up.. unless using FIR mode. the string resonators in kaleidoscope can get verby sounding though...

this seems to have a more feedback type sound... verb delay and stuff going on.. but maybe it's a synth anyways...
Cinebient
KVRAF

Postby Cinebient; Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:43 pm Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

dayjob wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Could it be something with resonators? Sounds a bit like something Kaleidoscope does.

doesn't really sound like kaleidoscope.. sounds more verby and resonant. kaleidoscope just sounds like complicated comb filters to me.. or at least that's where i end up.. unless using FIR mode. the string resonators in kaleidoscope can get verby sounding though...

this seems to have a more feedback type sound... verb delay and stuff going on.. but maybe it's a synth anyways...

Yes, it is a synth. At least Wolfgang says that :)
Or could it be some sort of spectral synthesis?
kokotte
KVRian

614 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Postby kokotte; Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:31 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

i don't want to imagine this tool in the Simmon 's hands- Sample construct-......
Cinebient
KVRAF

Postby Cinebient; Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:52 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Interesting: https://youtu.be/yVOueky644Q
Looks like iOS first....
Cinebient
KVRAF

Postby Cinebient; Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:29 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Now that the iOS version is released and there are already lots of videos and sound examples i can´t wait for the desktop version (later this year).
I think it´s an awesome synth and exact what i like. I think it offers some unique things which you find nowhere else.
pdxindy
KVRAF

12564 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:18 pm Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

I purchased the iOS version today... I'm considering it a $20 permanent demo for the future Mac version! heh

I've only played around with it for a few hours, but it is quite diverse in its morphing ability... some lovely ambient stuff happens easily!
HcDoom
KVRian

747 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Postby HcDoom; Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:48 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

kokotte wrote:i don't want to imagine this tool in the Simmon 's hands- Sample construct-......

You mean another bunch of overpriced weird unmusical presets which mostly you cannot use in any serious project?
Michael L
KVRAF

1823 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:02 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

kokotte wrote:i don't want to imagine this tool in the Simon's hands- Sampleconstruct-......
Yes! It would be great to hear the innovative sounds and watch the video demos he could create. I always learn from the in-depth knowledge that Simon brings to his preset design, and the excellent notes he includes. It expands my musical thinking. :-o
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
sfxsound3
KVRist

402 posts since 30 Mar, 2016

Postby sfxsound3; Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:01 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Michael L wrote:
kokotte wrote:i don't want to imagine this tool in the Simon's hands- Sampleconstruct-......
Yes! It would be great to hear the innovative sounds and watch the video demos he could create. I always learn from the in-depth knowledge that Simon brings to his preset design, and the excellent notes he includes. It expands my musical thinking. :-o

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

:clap:
nordickvr
KVRian

666 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Postby nordickvr; Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:12 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

HcDoom wrote:
kokotte wrote:i don't want to imagine this tool in the Simmon 's hands- Sample construct-......

You mean another bunch of overpriced weird unmusical presets which mostly you cannot use in any serious project?

What is a serious project?
Nightpolymath
KVRAF

2310 posts since 14 Jan, 2013, from L'Écosse

Postby Nightpolymath; Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Something doesn't sound right with this thread title.
chk071
KVRAF

13811 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:22 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Weren't there more posts in this thread? :o
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
Cinebient
KVRAF

Postby Cinebient; Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:13 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

HcDoom wrote:

"You" is not "everyone" :wink:
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

13474 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:35 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Great synth!
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments