Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
pdxindy
KVRAF

12564 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:53 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
On import, new files are created which are saved with the patch, it's less convoluted than Phonem concerning the file management.

That is good news... Phonem is a favorite but the file management aint
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

13474 posts since 12 Oct, 2008, from Here and there

Postby Sampleconstruct; Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:27 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Experimenting with a new patch which uses a re-synthesized trombone sound and morphs it with other sources, a filter imported from one of my Phonem sounds is also active plus the noise oscillator which uses a re-synthesized violin scrape. Some external FX applied.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMuFJ9Ggbo
pdxindy
KVRAF

Postby pdxindy; Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:00 pm Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Nice demo! Some intriguing morphing going on there...
Michael L
KVRAF

1823 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:45 pm Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Performance with this instrument can so much benefit from a touch controller; perhaps the Infinite ipad app can control the vst plugin like Alchemy v1.5 did, or a Lemur/ Mididesigner template?
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:04 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

A sequencer patch I just programmed in Infinite, using re-synthesized brass and vocal sounds which are morphed by an s&h LFO, synced to host tempo. The filter shape was imported from one of my Phonem patches, the noise-generator uses another re-synthesized brass texture. Some external delay action (Soundtoys FX Rack).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ZZC6KYDnc
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:29 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

wagtunes wrote:So how would you classify this synth?

Spectral re-synthesis, audio morphing, sonic mayhem, an exotic pearl.
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF

5132 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Postby SJ_Digriz; Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:40 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

so not out yet?
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:53 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

SJ_Digriz wrote:so not out yet?

No, but soon.
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF

5132 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Postby SJ_Digriz; Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:09 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Sampleconstruct wrote:

No, but soon.

I'm working on some seriously unserious nonmusical music that this would be fun to add into the mix.
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:18 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

SJ_Digriz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:

No, but soon.

I'm working on some seriously unserious nonmusical music that this would be fun to add into the mix.

That sounds like a serious light-hearted non-plan.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 pm Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

A patch I just programmed in PPG Infinite, re-synthesizing a saxophone sequence played on my soprano and morphing that with a re-synthesized vocal speech sound, using a Molder filter imported from a Phonem utterance chain, improvised live on video, tweaking things on the fly. Some external reverb -> Diffuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9I7mrbCJA
pdxindy
KVRAF

Postby pdxindy; Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:35 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

Nice new sound! :tu:

I only have the iOS version, but the one thing I am not entirely pleased about is the Noiser. Moving the X/Y position, the noise comes in so fast. It feels a bit difficult to get more subtle effects. Also, frequently the Noiser is too separate from the sound itself, not sounding integrated as part of the overall sound. I think that could be improved.
Sampleconstruct
KVRAF

Postby Sampleconstruct; Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:26 am Re: New Wolfgang Palm (PPG Infinite) tool coming...

pdxindy wrote:Nice new sound! :tu:

I only have the iOS version, but the one thing I am not entirely pleased about is the Noiser. Moving the X/Y position, the noise comes in so fast. It feels a bit difficult to get more subtle effects. Also, frequently the Noiser is too separate from the sound itself, not sounding integrated as part of the overall sound. I think that could be improved.

Thanks. The Noiser is probably the weakest part in Infinite, I intend to use it sparsely but will go on experimenting with re-synthesizing all kind of sources for the Noiser, until I find something which really sounds interesting, usually it sounds a little blurry and very "spectral".
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments