One Synth Challenge #102: The blooo by Full Bucket Music (Meakaale wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The blooo

I'm in :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

nvm
Last edited by Markku on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Really loving the look of those echo/tape delay plugin prizes rn, the one i'm using for this song at the moment (bionic supa delay, using it for both echo and EQ for most of the tracks) is kind of buggy and screws up with playback and rendering sometimes, like randomly bringing the cpu usage to 80% or higher occasionally, crashing when i try to render and not turning back on until i restart reaper, which also has the extra shitty effect of causing any tracks that use it to be silent in the output track, that kind of thing...

Anyway here is what i have so far for my song, it is a sort of synthwave inspired track, been really into that particular genre lately :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-4Os ... HZaZGZfLVU

therektafire wrote: Anyway here is what i have so far for my song, it is a sort of synthwave inspired track, been really into that particular genre lately :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-4Os ... HZaZGZfLVU
Me likey so far .. nice arrangement and melody. Leaning towards synthwave style myself too. Bass seems a bit boomey on my headphones at least.

So I'm considering doing a quickie track for this one, because Full Bucket synths are so much fun, but am having the usual OSC issue of trying to create a consistent kick. :cry: The thing is, the Blooo has a feature to turn off Free Running OSCs so this shouldn't be an issue. Yet one I set up a reso kick and loop it, after a minute or two, it becomes very quiet. To science the issue, I exported my patch from S1 as an fxp using the Blooo's UI for that, brought it into Reaper, and set it up just looping 1/4 note kicks, with no effects. it initially hit at -18dbfs, and now as I type this maybe 5 minutes later it's hitting at about -42 dbfs. I tried to factor out all the LFOs by setting them to sync at 1/4 notes, turning of Free (blue is off right? magenta is on?) , and zero all modulations (except filter FM for the reso sweep). Update; now its down below -50 dbfs and I can't even hear it.

Patch attached. Hopefully a fresh pair of eyes will spot my error. :help:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have the same kick-problem. Using oscillator instead of resonance seems more stable. I suppose the phase lock only affects oscillator, not resonance.

Same problem on Ableton, it seems to lose X amount of dB per note played, judging by my oscilloscope output. I put a bar of 16th notes at 133 BPM on repeat, and watched the peak level go down by about 1.1 dB approximately every 2.5 seconds.

The volume level DOES recover when you switch presets or change the filter type .. but then that sometimes creates other glitches, like sound cutting out completely.

Sounds like a bug.

Picture of osc output:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

psmacmur wrote: Hopefully a fresh pair of eyes will spot my error. :help:
I cannot find the cause, but I can confirm the issue.
Around an 8 minute render of the provided patch. Does seem to get quiet.
Tried various tweaks (so not to change the sound too much) and all attempts faded similar to above image. But I don't constructs kicks this way usually so I don't quite understand how it is supposed to work with no signal at all fed into the filters.
Even tried replicating the settings of filter 2 into filter 1 and using filter 1 instead which resulted in no sound at all oddly enough.
I can say that other methods to produce a kick do seem to work consistently. (though don't have that hard "knock" sound you might be after)
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

If I feed Noise into the filter and choose soft sync then I get random volume fluctuations over time. Definitely some bug going on IMO.

Me likey so far .. nice arrangement and melody. Leaning towards synthwave style myself too. Bass seems a bit boomey on my headphones at least.
Thanks :) It more than likely wont turn out as something nearly as good as what someone like, say, Kavinsky or Perturbator or Carpenter Brut or Mitch Murder or Power Glove would be able to do, but oh well i'm still trying my best haha

I started to have random crashes during playback :/
Producing total failure of FL Studio, happily I have enabled autobackup, it's been usefull twice tonight in the last hour... I don't know yet where the problem come from. Do you want me to keep you updated about that ?
55 instances for now.

Dj Pomme wrote: Edit 2 : I read the rules, but that's not clear for me.
Am I allowed to use some reverbs for mixing my project ? Or delays... I understand you said "use very few effects" but if that's just a part of the song for instance the intro (cf example with drums where I cut the dry sound for a second) and that the other parts of the song are okay is this a problem ?
https://soundcloud.com/dj-pomme/dj-pomm ... -early-wip
That's a constantly discussed topic at OSC, how far you can manipulate the original sound. Reverbs and delays are no problem at all. Some like to be very subtle with effects and dynamics, others take it very far. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you don't do really impossible things like sampling a sound, chopping and mangling it etc.
Failure is success in progress.

Hi folks,

the issue with the resonance drop is fixed:
the blooo - version 2.0.2
Thanks for the catch! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

mehum wrote:I suppose the phase lock only affects oscillator, not resonance.
This is correct. :)

Cheers, Björn

Great, tried it out late night yesterday and it seems stable now. However, I now get clicks when envelopes overlap (when playing the same note) that I don't think I had with previous versions. Not a big deal, just need to set proper values :)

Return to “Instruments”