Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
midi_transmission
KVRist

56 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Postby midi_transmission; Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:10 pm Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

How is the Korg LEGACY COLLECTION copy protection? Is it easy when reinstalling the computer or are there limited activations or something? Would love to buy it, but I only buy product with hazzle free copy protection since some time (I admire U-he for that by the way).
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

1811 posts since 11 May, 2011, from The 51st state

Postby Googly Smythe; Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:20 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

If you do an offline activation you should be ok. Most problems relate to online activation.
chk071
KVRAF

13545 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:22 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Yes, definitely do the offline activation. When you do the online activation, a simple deactivation of the network adapter can cause a prompt for re-authorization.
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
GilJ
KVRist

240 posts since 16 Mar, 2005

Postby GilJ; Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:24 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Just bought the LEGACY COLLECTION and did the online activation.
Really found it painful. The process is quite long (multiple copy/paste and waiting etc.) and you need to activate instrument by instrument :x

But must say that I'm happy with the instrument though :wink: (The GUIs need to be updated to be more ergonomic)
midi_transmission
KVRist

Postby midi_transmission; Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:25 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Thanks guys, but what does offline activation mean exactly? I would like to know what I have to expect and what the limitations are.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

No limitations, it just works a bit differently. See the first Q & A here: http://korguser.net/Login.asp?LAN=1&lockcode=&main=21
midi_transmission
KVRist

Postby midi_transmission; Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:52 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

in the QA is only guide how to activete online, nothing about offline... or I'm overlooking something.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:21 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Hm, you're right. There used to be a description of the offline method in the PDF too. I don't really remember the way it had to be done. I think you had to choose "Using another computer" in the authorization, and then had to paste 1 or 2 codes which you acquired on another computer. As mentioned, the advantage of the offline authorization is that you don't have to re-authorize the plugins on every minor thing you do on your computer... in my case, even deactivating my network card, to go offline, led to a prompt for re-authorization. Quite annoying.
RasmusV
KVRer

12 posts since 30 Jul, 2015

Postby RasmusV; Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:39 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

In my case, it was my VPN that prompted the whole Legacy Collection for a re-authorisation. Quite annoying indeed, but I'm happy to say that the actual re-licensing has worked in every case, even for instruments that have needed multiple re-authorisations.
K-Bee
KVRAF

2014 posts since 9 Mar, 2009, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby K-Bee; Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:28 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

RasmusV wrote:In my case, it was my VPN that prompted the whole Legacy Collection for a re-authorisation. Quite annoying indeed, but I'm happy to say that the actual re-licensing has worked in every case, even for instruments that have needed multiple re-authorisations.

Unfortunately, registrations and VPN's arent the best of friends. I've had numerous problems through the years with that. At one time Native Access had me do many of the registrations all over again. Now I've learned not to switch IP before registering stuff.
As for Korg Legacy, I bought it bundled with a Triton Taktile 25 and everything went like a charm :-)
Aloysius
KVRAF

20509 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:33 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

I'm probably the only person in the world who paid full price for both collections. I had trouble from day one with the things loosing authorizations. Since I'm reinstalling a lot of plug-ins right now I might give it another chance.
iLok fanboi
robotmonkey
KVRAF

1771 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Postby robotmonkey; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:12 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

It's totally hazzle free when you crack it. Otherwise very annoying with it's constant reauthorization.

It seems to depend a bit on the daw and hardware configuration. For example, it forgets authorization with Ableton all the time. It also needs reauthorization almost every time I disconnect a usb interface. I got so sick and tired of it eventually that I just used a version with CP patched out. It has been working without a single problem since then.

On the other daw where I use a pci interface and FL Studio mostly it hasn't given me any trouble, if I remember correctly.
No signature here!
K-Bee
KVRAF

2014 posts since 9 Mar, 2009, from Copenhagen, Denmark

Postby K-Bee; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:23 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

robotmonkey wrote:It's totally hazzle free when you crack it..

Not the most lucky choice of words, I'd say :lol: :lol: - It's all good though, I know what you mean :hihi:
sprnva
KVRian

997 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Postby sprnva; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:29 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

I haven't had to reauthorise it here in years and I've upgraded macOS a few times. Each time I wipe the disk, do a clean install and migrate my existing data. Usually the only thing I have to reactivate is Live.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:33 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Again, if you use the offline authorization (another computer), there won't be prompts to re-authorize.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments