Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Aloysius
KVRAF

20132 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Aloysius wrote:I'm probably the only person in the world who paid full price for both collections. I had trouble from day one with the things loosing authorizations. Since I'm reinstalling a lot of plug-ins right now I might give it another chance.

From day one is an exaggeration but ya know what I mean (maybe). :)
One mans trash is another mans rubbish.
midi_transmission
KVRist

35 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Postby midi_transmission; Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:07 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

That sounds terrible what I read here regarding the copy protection. I guess I will pass then. I think offline activation may not be possible anymore, at least there is no info I find about it at korg.
phelios2063
KVRer

2 posts since 7 Aug, 2017

Postby phelios2063; Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

I got the Legacy collection with the ms20 controller shortly after it was released. At the moment I cannot use it anymore because they changed the copy protection system at least twice. When I got it it worked with a serial, then I had to buy a dongle and later they switched again to a challenge-response system. My attempts to register this on korguser.net failed. This is a very disappointing story and I will never again buy anything from KORG. I also don´t think that it is worth the money in 2017, at least the MS20 emulation is much better with U-HE Diva.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments