Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
phelios2063
KVRer

7 posts since 7 Aug, 2017

Postby phelios2063; Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:48 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

I got the Legacy collection with the ms20 controller shortly after it was released. At the moment I cannot use it anymore because they changed the copy protection system at least twice. When I got it it worked with a serial, then I had to buy a dongle and later they switched again to a challenge-response system. My attempts to register this on korguser.net failed. This is a very disappointing story and I will never again buy anything from KORG. I also don´t think that it is worth the money in 2017, at least the MS20 emulation is much better with U-HE Diva.
Aloysius
KVRAF

21145 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:15 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Great News (for me). :)

I logged into Korg User Net and 'KLC Analog Edition 2007' and 'KLC Digital Edition v1.3.2' are still available for download. These older 32-bit versions work off a Steinberg Key, which I still have. So, no messing about with the newer (crappier) protection system will be needed in my case.

:wheee:

I think if I was going 64-bit, I'd rather attempt to run the old legacy versions via jbridge and the USB Key than use the unreliable copy protection they employ these days.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
midi_transmission
KVRist

120 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Postby midi_transmission; Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:48 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Ah it such a shame. I would love to throw money at Korg for the M1 and wavestation but today after reinstalling my PC I realized again how awesome .reg files and just serials are. I will never a plugin again with complicated stuff.

Are there any other emulations or sample libs from the wavestation or M1 that are good?

I guess the iPad version is without a copy protection problem because it's done just via ios appstore license?
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

2225 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:27 pm Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

dunno about the PC but i didn't have any issues or head-scratching to authorize the Korg legacy collection

haven't upgraded to the new one though
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
djscorb
KVRian

684 posts since 3 May, 2007, from UK

Postby djscorb; Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

I bought Odyssey and MDE=X at the weekend and authorised online. Painless and fast. Not sure what the fuss is about.
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...
Aloysius
KVRAF

21145 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:46 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

No fuss now. We sorted everything out before you made your purchase.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
HiEnergy
KVRian

808 posts since 19 Jun, 2006, from Berlin, Germany

Postby HiEnergy; Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:36 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

For me the online registration/authorization of the new KC (including Odyssey) did not work. I used a GSM/SIM dongle for connecting an otherwise air-gapped computer to the Internet for authorizing the paid-for software. As soon as I remove the GSM dongle from the computer, the authorization is gone.
Korg did not respond to the support case I filed several weeks ago. I'll use an alternative solution (you know what I mean) for being able to use the software I paid for.
Scotty
KVRian

1423 posts since 22 Dec, 2002

Postby Scotty; Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:46 am Re: Korg LEGACY COLLECTION - how painful is the copy protection ( I only buy hazzle free)

Yes this left a bad taste in my mouth as well. I had exactly the same issue. I could not register it on Korg user. I did buy a legacy version of the software second hand a few years ago on KVR. I still have the controller.

phelios2063 wrote:I got the Legacy collection with the ms20 controller shortly after it was released. At the moment I cannot use it anymore because they changed the copy protection system at least twice. When I got it it worked with a serial, then I had to buy a dongle and later they switched again to a challenge-response system. My attempts to register this on korguser.net failed. This is a very disappointing story and I will never again buy anything from KORG. I also don´t think that it is worth the money in 2017, at least the MS20 emulation is much better with U-HE Diva.
Asusp9712Core,RayDats,OASYSPCI,Cubase9,KorgLeg,Avalon737s+2022,UA4710D,6176,DCS,LA610MK2s,Neve, ARC2, Soundtoys,UADOCTO,AdamA7X, SphereMics, BCF+R2000s, DrmBrut,MiniLog,Volcas,MoogSubPhat,EnsqDP4,VirusC,Scope,MinBrut,Plugiator,NIS61 Ultimate,ComposrsCld.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments