PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyGAS

PolyGAS (Polyphonic Granular Advanced Synthesizer)

The PolyGAS synthesizer is based on a granular method of sound synthesis, allowing to use as much as possible possibilities of this method of synthesis. We will list the main opportunities of a PolyGAS:
  • 32th voice polyphony.
  • Support of files of samples in the WAV and AIFF formats, digit capacity of 8,16,24 and 32 bits⁄sample, mono⁄stereo. Files are supported only uncompressed by codecs.
  • The editor of the bending parameters of granular synthesis. 18 envelopes with the maximum quantity of nodes - 40 (in each envelope). Also there is a tab where it is possible to edit dependence of amplitude of the clicked key bending from a tonality. There is a possibility of synchronization of provisional regulations of nodes of envelopes with rate of composition in DAW, and also creation of the looped sections (loops).
  • Controlled randomization of parameters of granular synthesis.
  • Amplitude non-linear distortions, with a possibility of a type selection (a klipping, bit-krasher, etc.) - only 11 types.
  • The controlled universal filter allowing as manual installation of frequency of a cutoff (Cutoff) and a resonance (Reson), and by means of envelopes. There is a mode in case of which the frequency of a cutoff depends on a tonality of the clicked key. In the filter different types of filtering (LP, HP, BP, Comb and Allpass), only 11 types are used.
  • The line of a time delay with modulation realizing effects of Delay and Flanger. There is a possibility of time synchronization of a time delay with rate of composition in DAW, and also the set modes of back coupling (Normal/CrossFeed) and the wave form of a modulating signal LFO (Sine/Triangle).
  • The reverberator creating high-quality spatial reverberation on "Ambient Reverb" technology of Stone Voices.
  • The master the section including regulators of low and high frequencies, and also width of a stereobasis and the overall level.
  • The microtuning using files of the VAZ⁄Anamark tuning format format (extension of *.tun and *.scl).
  • Tools for operation with banks and presets.
  • Support of MIDI controllers.
  • The information attached to bank in the RTF format.
  • Utility of editing banks "PolyGAS Bank Editor".
  • Detailed help manual (English/Russian).
  • Tooltip balloons.
Links:

Current actual version 2.4
PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB).
SHA-1: 9d17f53ff50659413b81e15a78752dfc56d5a44f
For 32/64-bit Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)

PolyGAS banks collection

It is necessary to mark that circumstance that the author of this plug-in and these lines spends enormous personal time for the operations connected to development and advance of a free VSTi-synthesizer of PolyGAS therefore modest material support of the developer from users as not only the fate of this project, but also development of musical technologies and progress in general more depends on it will be extremely reasonable! It is possible to give donation here
Last edited by vasyan on Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:05 am, edited 9 times in total.

This looks great, thank you! I'm downloading it now, but are there any presets in it for those who aren't that familiar with granular synthesis and would like to have some idea what all the knobs and settings do?

Thanks again!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Really great sounds coming out of it. Thanks.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Wow, reading the specs this looks set to become one of best freeware (donationware) releases 2017 :tu:

Will be installing it later today

Not sure what i am doing wrong but the 64 Bit version of this is just crashing Ableton Live at startup and then it gets disabled.
Looks extremely interesting though.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

Wat wat! Good luck buddy. Would love to see a successful granular. I'm going to have to wait for the kinks to be worked out. Granular are hard to do right! Does it have different grain windows to choose from?

Oh wait... this is freeware. Nice, I'll download today sometime. Thanks a lot!

welp, I got excited adn ran upstairs adn downloaded it before I started my day. When I tried to open the 64 bit version in reaper windows prompted me that it could not be opened because it was not supported and then it opened it anyway. Unfortunately, it won't let me load a sample. Windows 10 64 bit don't like it.

let us know if you get it sorted buddy!

HOw do I uninstall it? ;0

WIN 7 x64 - Reaper x64

Installed x64 version. It opens fine but doesn't produce any sound.

:(

Dasheesh wrote:HOw do I uninstall it? ;0
Uninstall.exe in the Folder you installed it in
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

bob swans wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:HOw do I uninstall it? ;0
Uninstall.exe in the Folder you installed it in
WARNING..!

The uninstaller removes the folder too.

Luckily I installed it in its own folder and not the parent 'Instruments' folder.

Just delete the dll like I did. No need to uninstall.

Glad I did it before running into problems. Don't need more headaches than I already have.

Freeware. When will I learn?

I just did a search and saw that there was only the dll and the editor installed so I just deleted them and cleaned the registry. Hoping this guy gets it worked out. It could turn out to be good like ob-xd or dexed so I took a chance.

Return to “Instruments”