Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
vasyan
KVRist

125 posts since 16 Feb, 2013, from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, RU

Postby vasyan; Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:47 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Update PolyGAS :tu:

Current actual version is 2.1

PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB). SHA-1 287485e56922ae752add0c747932b56ff4f93393
For 32/64-bit Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)

Version 2.1 (30.08.2017)

! = correction
* = improving
+ = addition

! Crash of some DAW Is eliminated (MuLab, REAPER) in attempt to load a plug-in.
! Hangup of a plug-in in case of null values of Duration and Interonset Is eliminated.
! Inaccuracies when exporting the preset Are corrected.
! Errors in editing and generation of envelopes Are eliminated.
! The problem in display of dialogs when using several monitors Is corrected.
* The Possibility of a choice of the file of a sample when importing if the file is not found on the given path.
* Warning if the sample with the entered name is absent in the current bank.
* The utility of PolyGAS Bank Editor Is improved, lock of the edited file of bank is entered.
+ Menu item to the Bank/Preset menu "is added by Bank Editor...", allowing to launch the utility of editing PolyGAS Bank Editor banks.
+ Menu item is added to the menu of help "Params with Hint" including an option of display of a parameter value in tooltip balloons.
Halonmusic
KVRist

424 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:17 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

vasyan wrote:Update PolyGAS :tu:

Current actual version is 2.1

PolyGAS VSTi (16 MB). SHA-1 287485e56922ae752add0c747932b56ff4f93393
For 32/64-bit Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)

Version 2.1 (30.08.2017)

! = correction
* = improving
+ = addition

! Crash of some DAW Is eliminated (MuLab, REAPER) in attempt to load a plug-in.
! Hangup of a plug-in in case of null values of Duration and Interonset Is eliminated.
! Inaccuracies when exporting the preset Are corrected.
! Errors in editing and generation of envelopes Are eliminated.
! The problem in display of dialogs when using several monitors Is corrected.
* The Possibility of a choice of the file of a sample when importing if the file is not found on the given path.
* Warning if the sample with the entered name is absent in the current bank.
* The utility of PolyGAS Bank Editor Is improved, lock of the edited file of bank is entered.
+ Menu item to the Bank/Preset menu "is added by Bank Editor...", allowing to launch the utility of editing PolyGAS Bank Editor banks.
+ Menu item is added to the menu of help "Params with Hint" including an option of display of a parameter value in tooltip balloons.

Thank you for the update vasyan ;)
jbraner
KVRian

655 posts since 8 Jan, 2003

Postby jbraner; Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:53 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

For some reason, it crashed SONAR the first time I loaded it, but after that it's been fine.
It loads multiple times, and seems to work fine.

SONAR Platinum
Windows 10 64 bit
tatanka
KVRian

668 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:05 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Two out of three aint bad

Think that was Meatloaf but I am not sure :D :
win 7 64 bit with the new 2.1:
- mulab ul 6 64 bit is working now :)
- studio one 3 64 bit is working now :)
- waveform 8.2.0 64 still crashes :cry: because its my main daw but I must admit it is still very unstable with vst (as long as even the tracktion develloped collection sampler does not work.....)

Something I realized maybe worth improvement:
- Freestyle did not recognize it, not as instrument, not as effect, but: it only searches for devellopers !!!!
- in studio one I could not find it from the usual classification which lists the devellopers !!! I only find it when I list "vst2" plugins which then are alphabetically listed
- could it be that develloper info is just missing ?

I am not sure if it makes sense to report it in the not working vst waveform thread (it is very long....), dont think they will investigate much time....

So I will have to take mulab for a quick tryout.

What I have to say: it is really an unbelievable rich ambient/granular synth and with the additional banks has so many great starting presets, great :D

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
layzer
KVRAF

4543 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:31 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

layzer wrote:tweak a preset, save as xxxxxx it asks to save .pgp file to presets folder and a wav file to
the data folder. look at the saved wav with a wav editor, it is jiberish.
needless to say, loading it back , it doesnt play.

happens under XP 32bit version

this issue appears to be corrected in v2.1

thanks Vas! :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:17 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

tatanka wrote:- waveform 8.2.0 64 still crashes :cry:

Waveform 8.2.0 is not free. Unfortunately I do not have that amount which is requested by sellers of this software product with the purpose to acquire it.

tatanka wrote:- mulab ul 6 64 bit is working now :)

The reason of crash of this DAW is in that, it that the developer did not follow the recommendations of the VST protocol, namely from a host there was ProcessReplacing() method call in spite of the fact that in case of initialization of a plug-in CanProcessReplacing(false) meaning that the plug-in does not support the ProcessReplacing() method was obviously specified.
tatanka
KVRian

668 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:25 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Waveform 8.2.0 is not free

I think there is a 30 day trial version but as I said, not sure if it makes much sense cause it is still very unstable in case of VST-support. What came to my mind, I am not sure if I still have the former Tracktion 7 version installed, maybe I can test this just to get sure. I remember that I have an old midi VST I really love for getting quick patterns, Catanya, it runs on T 7 but not on waveform anymore (sigh....).

But have you checked this develloper info issue I suggested ? It is really strange that polygas could not be found (even in the search engines) by devellopen in Freestyle and Studio One.
Totolitoto
KVRAF

1865 posts since 7 Jan, 2004, from Earth

Postby Totolitoto; Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:57 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

I have an error message in FL 12.5 running in Win 7
Appart from that it works fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8m2nv6fuwbqe ... S.PNG?dl=0

A visual feedback of the sample would be a real plus, but it's already cool

I'd love the FX section as a separate VST!
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

tatanka wrote:But have you checked this develloper info issue I suggested ? It is really strange that polygas could not be found (even in the search engines) by devellopen in Freestyle and Studio One.

According to the VST 2.4 protocol the following data on a plug-in are transferred from a plug-in to a host, such as: information on the vendor, name of effect and product, version and plugin category (effect, synth, analysis etc).
All these data are completed. Studio One defines both the vendor and the name of a plug-in in the list.
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Totolitoto wrote:I have an error message in FL 12.5 running in Win 7

Describe a situation in more detail: under what circumstances did you have a window with an error?
Did you load the file of a sample?
Totolitoto
KVRAF

1865 posts since 7 Jan, 2004, from Earth

Postby Totolitoto; Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:25 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

vasyan wrote:

Describe a situation in more detail: under what circumstances did you have a window with an error?
Did you load the file of a sample?

I was loading the synth :)
Did you look at the link I posted?
fairplay
KVRist

56 posts since 24 Apr, 2013

Postby fairplay; Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:06 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Same problem in Reaper (but only with the latest version of plugin) -- Can't open file "...\PolyGAS\data\" right after the plugin inserting.
AJYoung
KVRist

184 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Postby AJYoung; Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:40 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

I too, get this problem in FL Studio 12.5. All I do is load the plugin. It looks like PolyGAS is trying to load the "default.wav" in the PolyGAS/data folder, but does not.

In addition, I cannot load any sample when the "- Empty -" preset is selected. I click the folder icon and it does nothing.

As a workaround, I have to load the "Default.pgp" preset. PolyGAS then prompts me to load a audio file and I choose "default.wav". This gets me to an initial state that I would expect from a plugin. It's usable, but rather cumbersome to have to do for each instance of PolyGAS.
Free BassTables Wavetables sets for Xfer Serum: Volume 1 | Volume 2
The_Hidden_Goose
KVRian

935 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Birmingham-ish, UK (Tamworth, but shhh!)

Postby The_Hidden_Goose; Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:58 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

New version seems to have solved my previous sample-loading problem, provided I remember to save the bank with my custom wav loaded. Using the 64bit version, latest FLStudio, Win7.

Preset/bank loading seems if not rickety then a little awkward, but it makes it now usable enough for me. :)

Haven't tested it in my other host, but I only use that for MPE-enabled plugins.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.
planetearth
KVRian

1209 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:25 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

AJYoung wrote:

I too, get this problem in FL Studio 12.5. All I do is load the plugin. It looks like PolyGAS is trying to load the "default.wav" in the PolyGAS/data folder, but does not.

In addition, I cannot load any sample when the "- Empty -" preset is selected. I click the folder icon and it does nothing.

As a workaround, I have to load the "Default.pgp" preset. PolyGAS then prompts me to load a audio file and I choose "default.wav". This gets me to an initial state that I would expect from a plugin. It's usable, but rather cumbersome to have to do for each instance of PolyGAS.

Many of us get that error. I'm using SONAR Platinum on a Windows 64-bit system, and I've had that error from Day 1 (and I reported it here).

But the synth works fine after that, so it's a small price to pay. :wink:

Steve
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments