Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Numanoid
KVRAF

25999 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:56 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Andywanders wrote:
bob swans wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:HOw do I uninstall it? ;0
Uninstall.exe in the Folder you installed it in

WARNING..!

The uninstaller removes the folder too.

Luckily I installed it in its own folder and not the parent 'Instruments' folder.

Thanks for the warning, think I will chill a bit with installing it, that has always been among my fears, installing it to the shared vst folder, and wipeing it all :scared:
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:59 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Luckily it doesn't have to be "installed".

I extracted the exe file with universal extractor, which gave me this folder:

I'll just place that inside my plugin folder.
Andywanders
KVRAF

2557 posts since 3 Aug, 2003, from Narnia

Postby Andywanders; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:03 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Numanoid wrote:
Andywanders wrote:
bob swans wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:HOw do I uninstall it? ;0
Uninstall.exe in the Folder you installed it in

WARNING..!

The uninstaller removes the folder too.

Luckily I installed it in its own folder and not the parent 'Instruments' folder.

Thanks for the warning, think I will chill a bit with installing it, that has always been among my fears, installing it to the shared vst folder, and wipeing it all :scared:

Likewise. I'm steering well clear of this one.
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:13 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Seems like the dev got some bugs to iron out still, so I keep it outside of the plugin folder of my fav DAW for the time being.

But no problem using it with SAVI host, and it sounds really good :tu:

Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

The PolyGASBankEditor looks like this.

I think I would prefer that it was built into a submenu in the plug itself.

starflakeprj
KVRian

585 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Postby starflakeprj; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:38 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Thanks for the "pre-support" Numanoid, I just unpacked the files as you suggested above, will test the plugin in Studio One and Reason now.
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.0GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Roland QUAD-CAPTURE | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 3.5 | Reason 10 | Bitwig Studio 2.2 | Reaper 5.6 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 12.5 | 450+ VSTs | 130+ Rack Extensions
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:44 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

starflakeprj wrote:Thanks for the "pre-support" Numanoid, I just unpacked the files as you suggested above, will test the plugin in Studio One and Reason now.

I forget to note that when unpacking it with Universal Extractor, there are two sub-folders in the folder. One of these contain the installer files, I just deleted that, as it is not needed once the plug has been unpacked.
vasyan
KVRist

163 posts since 16 Feb, 2013, from Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, RU

Postby vasyan; Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:35 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Numanoid wrote:The PolyGASBankEditor looks like this.

I think I would prefer that it was built into a submenu in the plug itself.

PolyGASBankEditor - the tool separate. It is extremely undesirable to edit them bank which is the active in DAW, in avoidance of incidents in operation of a plug-in at present. Quite possibly in the following assembly to add point to the menu.
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Testing PolyGAS in different DAW on different OS:

FL studio 8, Windows XP (32 bit)

FL studio 11, Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

Reaper5.40/x64, Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

Abltone Live 9, Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

Sony ACID Pro 7, Windows XP (32 bit)

:tu: In all available DAW the plug-in works
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

vasyan wrote: :tu: In all available DAW the plug-in works

But could you also check the installer: If it is so that a user installing it to the common vst folder, and then later uninstalling it the whole folder will be deleted?

That is not desirable :scared:
ENV1
KVRAF

2038 posts since 31 Aug, 2011

Postby ENV1; Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

EDIT: Never mind.

Not my business.
DrewDale
KVRian

637 posts since 14 Jan, 2014, from The North.

Postby DrewDale; Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:46 am Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Once installed the "Numanoid" way, this synth is very impressive, loading short "riff" type wav files creates some interesting results, the help manual is well written, the GUI is easy to read too.
I can see this being a candidate for OSC in the future, all that is needed now is for the install / uninstall matter to be fixed and this could be among the best new free vst's this year. :tu:

Good work sir. :clap:
:tu: All is good
ZeePok
KVRian

829 posts since 22 Aug, 2004, from Edge City, the Low Country

Postby ZeePok; Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:19 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Sigh! When will they learn ...? :roll: Steer clear of installers whenever you possibly can!

Doing it manually gives you much more control! Well done, Numanoid! :) :tu:

BTW: great work, Vasyan, thanks! :)
iosys
KVRist

40 posts since 24 Feb, 2013

Postby iosys; Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:23 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Any plans for OSX support for this?
vasyan
KVRist

Postby vasyan; Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:47 pm Re: PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

Numanoid wrote:
vasyan wrote: :tu: In all available DAW the plug-in works

But could you also check the installer: If it is so that a user installing it to the common vst folder, and then later uninstalling it the whole folder will be deleted?

That is not desirable :scared:

For what reason does not the setup program by the way made with NSIS suit you?
Setup "PolyGAS" to your VST-plugin folder, default VST-plugin folder is C:\Program Files\VstPlugins.
Installation program get path to default VST-plugin folder from registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath. If this path not exists then used default path i.e. C:\Program Files\VstPlugins.
Run of the setup program in Windows Vista, 7,8,8.1,10 only with the privileges of the administrator.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments