PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyGAS

iosys wrote:Any plans for OSX support for this?
It would be desirable to explain to dear colleagues one very important nuance - our laboratory of a sound "Stone Voices" is project noncommercial and therefore Mac computers for us are is unavailable, in particular in the Siberian remote place.
Donate to the project and there will be funds for acquisition of Mac :tu:

:tu: Sounds very well

I'll keep an eye on this one. Love me some Granular, but I'll wait for a working 64 bit version.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

vasyan wrote:For what reason does not the setup program by the way made with NSIS suit you?
Setup "PolyGAS" to your VST-plugin folder, default VST-plugin folder is C:\Program Files\VstPlugins.
Installation program get path to default VST-plugin folder from registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VST\VSTPluginsPath. If this path not exists then used default path i.e. C:\Program Files\VstPlugins.
Run of the setup program in Windows Vista, 7,8,8.1,10 only with the privileges of the administrator.
Hi vasysn, firstly I thank you for building this synth and offering it to us for free. It's very kind of you.

However, there is an issue with the installer, or to be more precise the UNINSTALLER, that you need to address.

As I pointed out earlier, the uninstaller removes the folder that Polygas was installed into.
Andywanders wrote:WARNING..!

The uninstaller removes the folder too.

Luckily I installed it in its own folder and not the parent 'Instruments' folder.
This needs to be fixed before someone here loses their entire VST Plugins folder.

You're obviously a very talented programmer and I'm sure it wouldn't take you long to fix this and release an update.

ZeePok wrote: 
Steer clear of installers whenever you possibly can!
OK, here: PolyGAS VSTi (15.5 MB).
For installation manually in 32/64-bit Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10)

Andywanders wrote: However, there is an issue with the installer, or to be more precise the UNINSTALLER, that you need to address.
Such is the principle of uninstallation in NSIS - all installation files are deleted. If in this folder changes which are not set in NSIS installation script, then the folder were made is not deleted any more.

Uninstaller code here:

Code: Select all

;--------------------------------
;Uninstaller Section

Section "Uninstall"

;ADD YOUR OWN FILES HERE...
	Delete "$INSTDIR\help.chm"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\License.rtf"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\PolyGAS.dll"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\PolyGASBankEditor.exe"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\UninstallPolyGAS.exe"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\ReadMe_rus.txt"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\ReadMe_eng.txt"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\banks\default.gas"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\data\default.wav"

RMDir "$INSTDIR\banks\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\data\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\envelopes\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\presets\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\tuning\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\options\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR"

DeleteRegKey HKLM "SOFTWARE\Software\Stone Voices\VST64\${PRODUCT_NAME}"

SectionEnd
Andywanders wrote: This needs to be fixed before someone here loses their entire VST Plugins folder.

You're obviously a very talented programmer and I'm sure it wouldn't take you long to fix this and release an update.
It is excluded as the uninstaller deletes only that more was set and what:
Sorry for a my Russian-speaking screenshot

vasyan wrote:OK, here: PolyGAS VSTi (15.5 MB).
Thank you vaysan.

Just tested again in Reaper 5.4 x64 and Studio One 3.5.

Reaper. The VST loads fine but there's no sound output.

Studio One. Works perfectly.

Andywanders wrote: Reaper. The VST loads fine but there's no sound output.
The level meter of an output signal of a plug-in shows existence of a signal?

Reaper 5.40/x64, Windows 8.1 (64 bit). All work in my computer.

Last edited by vasyan on Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

vasyan wrote:
I'm sure it does. I just thought you might be interested to know that it doesn't work on all systems, what with you being the developer and all.

Andywanders wrote:
vasyan wrote:
I'm sure it does. I just thought you might be interested to know that it doesn't work on all systems, what with you being the developer and all.
The level meter of an output signal of a plug-in shows existence of a signal?
It is important. Or screenshot.

vasyan wrote:The level meter of an output signal of a plug-in shows existence of a signal?
It is important. Or screenshot.
Problem solved.

User error I'm afraid. I didn't have input monitor checked.

All's good now.

Thanks again for this :wink:

vasyan wrote:
Andywanders wrote: However, there is an issue with the installer, or to be more precise the UNINSTALLER, that you need to address.
Such is the principle of uninstallation in NSIS - all installation files are deleted. If in this folder changes which are not set in NSIS installation script, then the folder were made is not deleted any more.

Uninstaller code here:

;--------------------------------
;Uninstaller Section

Section "Uninstall"

;ADD YOUR OWN FILES HERE...
	Delete "$INSTDIR\help.chm"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\License.rtf"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\PolyGAS.dll"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\PolyGASBankEditor.exe"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\UninstallPolyGAS.exe"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\ReadMe_rus.txt"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\ReadMe_eng.txt"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\banks\default.gas"
	Delete "$INSTDIR\data\default.wav"

RMDir "$INSTDIR\banks\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\data\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\envelopes\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\presets\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\tuning\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR\options\"
	RMDir "$INSTDIR"

DeleteRegKey HKLM "SOFTWARE\Software\Stone Voices\VST64\${PRODUCT_NAME}"

SectionEnd
Andywanders wrote: This needs to be fixed before someone here loses their entire VST Plugins folder.

It is excluded as the uninstaller deletes only that more was set and what:
Sorry for a my Russian-speaking screenshot
That might work only for the default location since it it's in its own folder, but what if someone manually chooses a destination (which is likely everyone) which also contains other files/vsti's?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Touch The Universe wrote: That might work only for the default location since it it's in its own folder, but what if someone manually chooses a destination (which is likely everyone) which also contains other files/vsti's?
As practice of use of installers/unistaller from NSIS showed, deleting files and folders which are written in a script happens their deleting on the relative paths in relation to unistll program.

piece of a code:

RMDir "$INSTDIR\banks\"
Remove directory "banks" from $INSTDIR
Variable $INSTDIR is full path of folder where UninstallPolyGAS.exe
P.S. If the folder contains files which were not specified in a script, then it will not be deleted.

Andywanders wrote: Hi vasysn, firstly I thank you for building this synth and offering it to us for free. It's very kind of you.
As showed experience, development of paid plug-ins it is not good. It is connected to many reasons, in particular there will be crackers which will crack a plug-in, and also with money transfer to Russia :(
However you can make donation in the amount of $10 for support of the project :tu:

vasyan wrote:
ZeePok wrote: 
Steer clear of installers whenever you possibly can!
OK, here: PolyGAS VSTi (15.5 MB).

Thanks Vasyan! Much appreciated! :) :tu:

Return to “Instruments”