PolyGAS - Free VST Granular Advanced Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PolyGAS

planetearth wrote: I'm not trying to convince anyone; I'm just saying that deleting the 32-bit DLL doesn't affect the synth at all.
In archive two DLL are available PolyGAS_v2.0.rar intended for installation manually:
  1. PolyGAS32.dll - 32 bit DLL
  2. PolyGAS64.dll - 64 bit DLL
Use necessary to DLL in dependence with your requests (digit capacity of OS, DAW)
Unclaimed DLL can be deleted.

Great thanks of Palb Vial for adding of Eco Space 01 bank in a global collection of PolyGAS banks :tu:

vasyan wrote:
planetearth wrote: I'm not trying to convince anyone; I'm just saying that deleting the 32-bit DLL doesn't affect the synth at all.
In archive two DLL are available PolyGAS_v2.0.rar intended for installation manually:
Use necessary to DLL in dependence with your requests (digit capacity of OS, DAW)
Right. That was my point to the user who said he was going to avoid the synth until the 32-bit version was "clean" from a virus it didn't have in the first place.

Since you don't need the 32-bit version, just delete it. Problem solved. :smile:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Any osx ver , soon?

planetearth wrote:
vasyan wrote:
Right. That was my point to the user who said he was going to avoid the synth until the 32-bit version was "clean" from a virus it didn't have in the first place.

Since you don't need the 32-bit version, just delete it. Problem solved. :smile:

Steve
I'm pretty sure I have read somewhere in this forum that Layzer is running a 32-bit host though.

I, myself, is pretty confident to run a software which only 1 of 60 anti-malware engines marks as possible malware. I would be confident to run a software which 10 out of 60 engines mark as possible malware as well, because I know false positives are quite usual.

On the other hand, a part of me understands a person who are just trying to be safe. I know a few producers/musicians who wouldn't even connect their DAW computer to the internet, because they fear for any re-installations of the system in case of a malware or hacking attack. Because re-installing a system takes hours, a lot of hours, to get to the same state again. Unless you are not regularly taking 1:1 images of your system of course. But I guess most people are just backing up the important files (and sometimes not even those).
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Everything works fine here until I try to load a sample. Throws up an error every time, no matter what file I try to load. That's a shame, as I like engine, but would want to load my own noises into it.
Same here.

ZeePok wrote:
layzer wrote:
Diego_C wrote:All file scanned totally clean here, 32 bit, 64 bit, manual zip, installers and banks.
Thanks for your granular synth Vasyan.
are you using a single antivirus program in your virus scan?

i uploaded the 32bit DLL to http://www.virustotal.com which uses 64 different scan engines
to check the files. sophos engine reports "heuristic" ie; a possible virus.

So you ignore that all major AV's give it a clean bill of health and concentrate on one very minor AV seeing something 'heuristic' :roll:

Why so suspicious? :?:
Because as usually he tries to badmouth a synth he did not made the gui for.

Bravo for this! Is your Paypal address zluka_7@mail.ru ? I tried going through the Russian Paypal but Google translate won't work right. I want to donate through my language Paypal as it converts rubles. I have enjoyed your works for some time, very original stuff---

Jonathan Shepherd wrote:Bravo for this! Is your Paypal address zluka_7@mail.ru ? I tried going through the Russian Paypal but Google translate won't work right. I want to donate through my language Paypal as it converts rubles. I have enjoyed your works for some time, very original stuff---
Yes, the address zluka_7@mail.ru belongs to my wife as I am a downshifter therefore I have no cash cards and even I do not use the cell phone. Therefore you can safely sacrifice to this address in any currency, available to you, - in dollars or in rubles. 8)

Today I tried to clarify for what reason of MuLab falls when loading a plug-in. I launched PolyGAS in a debugger and I found the very strange thing - when falling MuLab of any line of a code of a plug-in it was not executed, MuLab falls before entry point in the principal function of a plug-in 'main'. I will try to address in support of MuLab as in this case it is the only option of a solution.

Last edited by vasyan on Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

starflakeprj wrote:
I'm pretty sure I have read somewhere in this forum that Layzer is running a 32-bit host though.

I, myself, is pretty confident to run a software which only 1 of 60 anti-malware engines marks as possible malware. I would be confident to run a software which 10 out of 60 engines mark as possible malware as well, because I know false positives are quite usual.

On the other hand, a part of me understands a person who are just trying to be safe. I know a few producers/musicians who wouldn't even connect their DAW computer to the internet, because they fear for any re-installations of the system in case of a malware or hacking attack. Because re-installing a system takes hours, a lot of hours, to get to the same state again. Unless you are not regularly taking 1:1 images of your system of course. But I guess most people are just backing up the important files (and sometimes not even those).
As practice shows, often antiviruses with the heuristic analysis occasionally suspiciously belong to algorithms, "unclear" for them, and out of harm's way rank the tested software as containing a virus.
Perhaps sound synthesis algorithms also are unclear for such unfortunate antiviruses :hihi:
В топку такие антивири, as speak russian :evil:

vasyan wrote:Today I tried to clarify for what reason of MuLab falls when loading a plug-in. I launched PolyGAS in a debugger and I found the very strange thing - when falling MuLab of any line of a code of a plug-in it was not executed, MuLab falls before entry point in the principal function of a plug-in 'main'. I will try to address in support of MuLab as in this case it is the only option of a solution.

vasyan wrote:Perhaps sound synthesis algorithms also are unclear for such unfortunate antiviruses
My guess is the compression/packer in the installer, the amount of demo-scene executables (especially under the 4kb or 64kb category) that get flagged by heuristics due to their compression routines is .... well lets just say you pretty much have to flag everything to the antivirus software as a false positive !

Thanks for your help, my dollars are now your rubles. Stay unique!

a quick question from a noob in granular synthesis
i have tried padshop and saw that it is great for ambient
does polygas functions like that or is it something diffrent

sorry. i am going to use it but my internet is suddenly too dam slow so the download is taking a quite some time time
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Instruments”