Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Tombolino
KVRer

10 posts since 20 Aug, 2006, from Atlanta, GA

Postby Tombolino; Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:53 pm midi packs Ez drummer vs Addictive, which ones are better?

Hi all,

I've read enough to understand the overall differences/pros/cons between Ez Drummer 2 and Addictive Drums.

Addictive Midi packs info on their site.... I cant quite tell if they most of them are a collection of unrelated beats song structure wise. I know def Ez Drummer has song structures and variations to build a song. But I think they playing seems often superior on the Midi packs for Addictive when comparing demos.

So Im more concerned with which one had better midi pack collections?

Anyone?

Thanks!
I Mac Intel Core Duo, 512 MGHZ, Korg Karma, Focusrite Compressor, Ableton Live 5, sound card tbd, guitars,
zzz00m
KVRist

317 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:46 am Re: midi packs Ez drummer vs Addictive, which ones are better?

Tombolino wrote:Hi all,

I've read enough to understand the overall differences/pros/cons between Ez Drummer 2 and Addictive Drums.

Addictive Midi packs info on their site.... I cant quite tell if they most of them are a collection of unrelated beats song structure wise. I know def Ez Drummer has song structures and variations to build a song. But I think they playing seems often superior on the Midi packs for Addictive when comparing demos.

So Im more concerned with which one had better midi pack collections?

Anyone?

Thanks!

Well I can't compare since I only have AD2, but I will comment that some AD2 MIDI Paks have songs as well as beats. There are also a few that are primarily song based, such as Rock Songs, Retro Songs, and Metal Songs.

https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/midipak

If you read the descriptions on the site, the best clue is look for the word "song" in the title, plus click on "more info" to read the full description.

I have heavy Beats and Songs (7 songs), Dry Beats and Songs (10 songs), Loud Beats and Songs (10 songs), and American Rock (5 songs). These songs have intros, outros, verses, choruses, bridges, etc.
Windows 10 x64, Intel i3 3.4 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, SSD drive, M-Audio FW-410 with ASIO driver
Tombolino
KVRer

10 posts since 20 Aug, 2006, from Atlanta, GA

Postby Tombolino; Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:26 pm Re: midi packs Ez drummer vs Addictive, which ones are better?

Thanks. Basically, Im not even that interested in deep drum audio engineering. But Addictive sounds better overall to me. Even the performances/playing in the midi packs sounds often better in Addictive as I compare demos. But the EZ overall interface is easier. However Besides the Tap TO Beat thing in EZ2, I think Addictive can pretty much do the same things for songwriting flow?
I Mac Intel Core Duo, 512 MGHZ, Korg Karma, Focusrite Compressor, Ableton Live 5, sound card tbd, guitars,
zzz00m
KVRist

317 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:38 am Re: midi packs Ez drummer vs Addictive, which ones are better?

The XLN Addictive Drums MIDI Pak patterns were recorded with live drumming by top session musicians, captured as looped MIDI clips so they are realistic. The kits are multisampled in actual recording studios, so it is like you are getting a virtual drum recording room in a box. No need to geek out on audio engineering, as the presets are plug and play. But you can if you want to!

They best way to get into AD2 is to buy the AD2 Custom pack. Select any 3 ADpaks, any 3 MIDIpaks and any 3 Kitpiece Paks to build a drum library that is just right for you! There is no need to choose all your content at once. Pick what you like now and come back for the rest when you're ready.

Full Addictive Drums 2 Engine
Your choice of sounds and rhythms
Make selections now or over time

Full price is $170 on their website, but it is available at resellers like JRRshop for $125.16 with discount code "GROUP". And it goes on sale for a 50% discount a couple times a year. That is the best time to grab it!

https://www.xlnaudio.com/products/bundl ... s_2_custom
https://www.jrrshop.com/xln-audio-addic ... s-2-custom
Windows 10 x64, Intel i3 3.4 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, SSD drive, M-Audio FW-410 with ASIO driver

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments