Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Apratim
KVRist

160 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 am need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

for quite a while i have been making chillstep aka melodic dubstep and now i am trying to make some hard core banger like datsik and excision and i know only how to make some metal bass using fm and would like to learn how to make some growls.

so i would like to know on how you guys make your own dubstep

any type of suggestion on how to use a instrument or how to lay down sounds would be helpful would be helpful
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
Kinh
KVRian

702 posts since 25 Aug, 2012

Postby Kinh; Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:41 am Re: need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

Yeah its quite simple you just modulate the operators in fm8, either assign dem to your controller knobs or write automation in your daw. Otherwise do sometin sumilar in razer. Theres like a gazillion vids on this subject.

Now, the question is how long before someone says "how dare you post this in instruments!!!" :x
Chris-S
KVRAF

2143 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:13 am Re: need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

If u have FM8 already you can still use this although a bit outdated. If you wanna buy a new synth for your purpose I would recommend Serum.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... erum+growl
Apratim
KVRist

Postby Apratim; Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:28 am Re: need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

Chris-S wrote:If u have FM8 already you can still use this although a bit outdated. If you wanna buy a new synth for your purpose I would recommend Serum.

ok thanks but i find serum quite limiting when compared to mpowersynth so bought that and regarding that i think that for growls wavetables are required after watching the videos so could you recommend some free site to download free growl tables
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
J.Ruegg
KVRist

178 posts since 16 Mar, 2013, from Lima - PerĂº

Postby J.Ruegg; Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:57 am Re: need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

Apratim wrote:
Chris-S wrote:If u have FM8 already you can still use this although a bit outdated. If you wanna buy a new synth for your purpose I would recommend Serum.

ok thanks but i find serum quite limiting when compared to mpowersynth so bought that and regarding that i think that for growls wavetables are required after watching the videos so could you recommend some free site to download free growl tables

Cymatics has some nice growl bass wavetables.
https://cymatics.fm/free-download-vault/
realmarco
Waaaaahhh

2125 posts since 29 Jul, 2001, from montreal, quebec,canada

Postby realmarco; Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:18 am Re: need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

imo to make those cool agressive dubstep tunes you would need
Massive for its modulation OSC and the Stepper
FM8
Serum
And Razor

for drums i'd suggest Geist2

for distortion i would go Trash 2 or Saturn

Gated reverb is a must on the snare(pshhhhhhhh) so go for an algo reverb

for that Big Stereo width i'd suggest Bx_StereoMaker
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!
Apratim
KVRist

Postby Apratim; Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:05 pm Re: need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

realmarco wrote:imo to make those cool agressive dubstep tunes you would need
Massive for its modulation OSC and the Stepper
FM8
Serum
And Razor

for drums i'd suggest Geist2

for distortion i would go Trash 2 or Saturn

Gated reverb is a must on the snare(pshhhhhhhh) so go for an algo reverb

for that Big Stereo width i'd suggest Bx_StereoMaker

ok that some precise recommendation i would say

i have still some points to be made and and correct me if i am wrong

regarding the synths i think mpowersynth can do what FM8(FM),Massive(morphing wavetable,steppers),Serum(drag and drop wavetable),Razor(additive syenthesis with morphing) so i think that is covered by mpowersynth as it can do all the above stuff mentioned in the (" ")

ok regarding drums i use only samples so still searching for a good vst (is there any cheap option??)

for distortion i have many melda distortions and currently thinking to transfer my dads license of saturn to me

and for reverb i have the same melda stuff the mconvolutionMB

and for stero idk may be melda Mstereospread does the same as Bx_StereoMaker

correct me if i am wrong somewhere

so can you provide me with some more cheap options for drums vst
i am currently looking at image line drumaxx(fits my budget of 100) hope so it can be compared to geist 2 but need your opinion
Jorgeelalto
KVRist

278 posts since 31 May, 2015, from Madrid, Spain

Postby Jorgeelalto; Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:13 am Re: need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

Is this a joke?
[url]7thpyramid.es[/url]
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

20791 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:40 am Re: need help in instrument arrangement and methods for making dubstep

Drumaxx & Geist are pretty different afaik ... Drumaxx is a drum synth, Geist is sample based. Your best bet is to demo both ...

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments