Mr. Alias 1.02 - a synth by Insert Piz Here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Its like a breath of fresh air, isn't it... Original thinking!

Freakin' awesome. :D

thanks to everyone for all the positive comments. of course, i would consider "it sounds awful" a positive comment, but so far i only see genuinely positive feedback, and i think that's awesome.

i guess there is probably room for improvement, though. any suggestions?

weeeeeeeee
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

reminds me of Microcomputer...

Outstanding!

I dig your other synths, too, esp. yarkor and robot juice.

If you are up for the challenge, you could try and charge less for Mr. Alias..
..what goes around comes around..

insertpizhere wrote:thanks to everyone for all the positive comments. of course, i would consider "it sounds awful" a positive comment, but so far i only see genuinely positive feedback, and i think that's awesome.

i guess there is probably room for improvement, though. any suggestions?

weeeeeeeee
You said that you've had it on your site unanounced for a while. Why no word of it until now? :)

ouroboros wrote: If you are up for the challenge, you could try and charge less for Mr. Alias..
Yes, I'm with ouroboros on this. Please pay us to download your synth.

(I'm gonna try your other ones...thanks!)

I want a dongle for it. Preferably something with a noisy fan .. it should connect to eiter a vga-port or soundcards main outputs.

Its great how every note sounds different on the keyboard. But for improvement, something that makes the notes sound the same, but still as grittyshitty cool as they do now. I guess its easy to sample and loop by my self anyway. And making something like the discoDSPs new synth is perhaps a little bit too hard :)

I LOVE IT!

<i>Its great how every note sounds different on the keyboard. But for improvement, something that makes the notes sound the same, but still as grittyshitty cool as they do now.</i>

Nah, it's everything sounding different that makes it so cool. Random 16th note patterns with fast attack and decay, throw some slightly offbeat tempo--synced delay on them and tweak parameters willy-nilly... instant backing rhythm.

Ah--at last! A musical instrument that requires no talent or skill! It's perfect for me! :D

I've been having fun making very odd stuff using microTonic to drive Mr. Alias with automation of various things--lots of clicky stuff going on.

What a week--first, MrRay; now, Mr. Alias. :D

Tom

Crackbaby wrote:something that makes the notes sound the same
My attempt at this is already in there... you can lower the scale of oscillator frequencies (leftmost vertical slider), which will decrease the difference between notes, but you'll probably never be able to play a real scale or anything. If you turn it all the way down, every note will be exactly the same. The other way is to turn off "alias mode" (click on the 'A'). If you do that, then it just sounds stupid. You're probably right that sampling is the solution.

But I like having all the notes different. I play it like it's a "prepared piano."
crazed one wrote:You said that you've had it on your site unanounced for a while. Why no word of it until now?
I got busy with other projects. I forgot about it. I kept putting it off. I'm not very good at announcements. Better late than never?

and about the "get paid to download it" system and the dongle with fan, those will be version 2.0 features.
wrongtastic, baby

yeah! 2.0!
..what goes around comes around..

http://www.thepiz.org/MrAlias.zip

I fixed some denormal problems with this version. It used to go insane for no reason and use 100% of the CPU after playing it for about half an hour straight, but I assume that no one besides me would use it for that long, so maybe no one noticed. Anyway, this version might not do that.

I also removed some useless junk, so it should be more efficient overall.

Patches saved with 1.0 should load fine in 1.02.
wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:I also removed some useless junk
The GUI ?

Kriminal wrote:
insertpizhere wrote:I also removed some useless junk
The GUI ?
Unfortunately, no. Somehow, there was junk in it even more useless than the GUI.
wrongtastic, baby

Return to “Instruments”