Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

I want to buy a simple and warm sounding analogue VST to complement my current setup:

Gforce Minimonsta
Gforce Oddity 2
Synapse Audio Dune
Beepstreet Dagger
+ Logic internal synths

I make electronica. And i really love the filters and warmth of Minimonsta. I want something that covers all sound areas and is simple to tweak and use.

Currently looking at Synapse Audio The Legend

Any recommendations?

Use a low pass filter.

Get GForce Oddity 2.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

U-he Diva, u-he Repro1, D16 Lush 101, NI Monark. Those sound fantastic.
dedication to flying

Get GForce Oddity 2.
they did say they already had that in their post.

The Legend and repro-1 are both really nice sounding.

I know you said "simple", but softube modular and the presets (or patience) would give you something you don't already have and it sounds incredible.

+1 for Monark. Also look at the TAL synths.

chk071 wrote:+1 for Monark. Also look at the TAL synths.
Have you tried The Legend? If so, what is it about Monark that makes it better in your eyes?

OP - you like Gforce (as do I).
Why not pick up ImpOSCar 2? It's simple and sounds great.

I can also highly recommend their M-Tron Pro, although that's probably outside the remit of this thread.

If you use mac i say P900.
If you use PC maybe Repro, Diva or The Legend.

Cinebient wrote:If you use mac i say P900.
he said simple to tweak and use

Can't get any better than The Legend and RePro-1 (and soon RePro-5). And DIVA. Forget about Monark, as it's obsolete compared to those mentioned. Dagger, which you already have, sounds beautiful.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Legend and Re-Pro1 (Re-Pro5 on the way and most likely a free upgrade)

I think Re-Pro1 would particularly compliment what you have due to the audio rate options and how effortless they sound. It is also like one big sweet spot and so fun to tweak. You could not go wrong with either.

Yep, NI Monark is the one, if both analog and modern is what you're looking for. Diva, the Legend, and RePro-1 are on the vintage side of the spectrum.

For free, there's also Tyrell N6, and TAL-Noisemaker. Especially Tyrell N6 is quite underrated IMO (at least, i don't read from it THAT often here ;)).

U-he ReproOne and when it's ready Repro5

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Have you tried The Legend? If so, what is it about Monark that makes it better in your eyes?
It's not made by Synapse which for some reason chk071 has a pathological hatred for..... :hihi:
dasen wrote:I want something that covers all sound areas
Then you don't want an analog synth virtual or hardware......... :wink:

Anyway as always......demo for yourself. It only matters what you think is best :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”