Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

izonin wrote:
chk071 wrote:+1 for Monark. Also look at the TAL synths.
Yep, NI Monark is the one, if both analog and modern is what you're looking for. Diva, the Legend, and RePro-1 are on the vintage side of the spectrum.

Utter nonsense and rubbish......... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:
chk071 wrote:+1 for Monark. Also look at the TAL synths.
Have you tried The Legend? If so, what is it about Monark that makes it better in your eyes?
It's not made by Synapse which for some reason chk071 has a pathological hatred for..... :hihi:
Utter nonsense and rubbish. ;)

BTW, i thought you were over our little feud. I didn't even mentioned The Legend in this thread, nor did i even respond to anyone mentioning it. Could we keep it that way, and leave me out of this silly discussion? Thanks.

BTW, ironically, i even predicted to another member in PM, that it won't be long until the fanbois chime in. Even without me mentioning anything that has to do with Synapse, or responding to anyone who does. :lol: Richard must be proud of you. In fact, i rather think he's ashamed of you. Because he can take criticism, and is polite, and has manners, unlike you. In other words, he has a lot more style than some random internet big mouth.

Xils 4, Oxium, MiniSyn'X, PolyKB III. All by Xils-lab.
Genuine vintage vibes and analog flavor combined with advanced or never seen modulations and/or routing possibilities : The best of both worlds.

NI Monark. Synapse The Legend. U-He Repro One : All good vintage vibes also, on the simpler side.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

When is RePro-5 out btw?

No one knows

chk071 wrote:For free, there's also Tyrell N6, and TAL-Noisemaker. Especially Tyrell N6 is quite underrated IMO (at least, i don't read from it THAT often here ;)).
I would say these are the opposite of warm sounding - both sound pretty cold to me overall.

To the OP - Imposcar or Xhun Audio's Little One would be my recommendation.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Fair enough. Actually, the filter in Tyrell N6 distorts a bit too much for my liking. Apart from that, i find it is a great synth though. Ok, i couldn't really tell now if it sounds particularly "warm" or not. I never really used it for pads or similar, which i usually mostly connect with "warm" sound.

Noisemaker surely can sound warm though, especially when you use the nice TAL Juno chorus it has onboard, or TAL-Chorus-LX. Both are more or less the same though, i think.

pdxindy wrote:
Cinebient wrote:If you use mac i say P900.
he said simple to tweak and use
It's not too hard i think.

dasen wrote:Hey,

I want to buy a simple and warm sounding analogue VST to complement my current setup:

Gforce Minimonsta
Gforce Oddity 2
Synapse Audio Dune
Beepstreet Dagger
+ Logic internal synths

I make electronica. And i really love the filters and warmth of Minimonsta. I want something that covers all sound areas and is simple to tweak and use.

Currently looking at Synapse Audio The Legend

Any recommendations?
You already have a few great-sounding plugins there, how are other analog-type synths supposed to complement those? They will just add more of the same.
Also, something covering all sound areas will likely not be simple, as it will include diverse synthesis types such as FM.

Lotuzia wrote:Xils 4, Oxium, MiniSyn'X, PolyKB III. All by Xils-lab.
Genuine vintage vibes and analog flavor combined with advanced or never seen modulations and/or routing possibilities : The best of both worlds.

NI Monark. Synapse The Legend. U-He Repro One : All good vintage vibes also, on the simpler side.
+1 Xils-lab, they are the best.

NI Monark. Synapse The Legend. U-He Repro One (and of course Diva) all great.

Some great deals to be had on Lush 101 and Imposcar which also still sound great.

Don't rule out getting some real analogue, for the cost of a couple or 3 of these you could get Behringer’s Minimoog clone (now available to pre-order for $299), that's 3 osc's, hands on control, I/O (over USB etc) with zero CPU use :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:Arturia Moog Modular - This is about as warm and analog as it gets. You can make it as simple or as complex as you want, as it's a full modular emulation. If you can spare the money, then get all the Arturia emulations with the Arturia V Collection 5.
I was really underwhelmed with VC5 - it sounds anything but convincing to my ears, unless I throw it through a decent channel strip and/or something like IK's Saturator X. It just lacks the "presence" of real analog for me.

I keep coming back to it and trying to like it, but every time I feel the same way.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Get GForce Oddity 2.
they did say they already had that in their post...
:dog: It's a warm sounding synth, so when I glanced at the list, I assumed he was considering it. :ud: Sorry ... :(

Otherwise, my first suggestion ... use a LPF. Very simple to tweak. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”