Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
AnX
KVRAF

2066 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:35 am Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

dasen wrote:Hey,

I want to buy a simple and warm sounding analogue VST to complement my current setup:

Gforce Minimonsta
Gforce Oddity 2
Synapse Audio Dune
Beepstreet Dagger
+ Logic internal synths

I make electronica. And i really love the filters and warmth of Minimonsta. I want something that covers all sound areas and is simple to tweak and use.

Currently looking at Synapse Audio The Legend

Any recommendations?

TAL 101

Very close to the original with some modern twists. Great synth. 8)
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

166 posts since 21 Apr, 2017

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:22 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

I would say give Waves Element 2 a shot. Quality is up with the best of em and gives you some options others dont. Very nice sound. Single page Ui. Subtractive with some FM and PM.
OneOfManyPauls
KVRian

506 posts since 17 Jul, 2016, from Wales, UK

Postby OneOfManyPauls; Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:26 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote:I would say give Waves Element 2 a shot. Quality is up with the best of em and gives you some options others dont. Very nice sound. Single page Ui. Subtractive with some FM and PM.

One of the most overlooked soft-synths out there. Pretty resource hungry, but I do like the sounds I can get from that.
egbert101
KVRian

1206 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:19 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

OneOfManyPauls wrote:I was really underwhelmed with VC5 - it sounds anything but convincing to my ears, unless I throw it through a decent channel strip and/or something like IK's Saturator X. It just lacks the "presence" of real analog for me.

I keep coming back to it and trying to like it, but every time I feel the same way.

I'ts okay. I've been through those phases myself. Love it, hate it, love it, hate it. I'm just in my love it phase now. :hihi:
djanthonyw
KVRAF

6807 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Boston

Postby djanthonyw; Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:24 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

Can't believe no one mentioned one ping only or this plugin yet.
You are currently reading my signature.
chk071
Suspended

Postby chk071; Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:25 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

One Ping Only only gets warm when you use 700 instances of it. :P
wagtunes
KVRAF

9157 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:34 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

Honestly, I have no idea. With all the synths that I own, I don't have any of the ones that you own. I wonder what the odds are?

You say you want warm analog but something that covers all bases. Unfortunately, that's an oxymoron. As great as a Minimoog is for what it does, it doesn't come close to covering all bases. And I can't think of one analog "emulation" that I own that does.

So honestly, I have no idea what you're looking for.

There are a lot, and I mean a LOT of great synths out there. And eventually, almost every single one of them (with maybe the exception of the wavetable synths cause that would be ridiculous) will be named.

You say you do electronica? Well, so do I, along with just about every other genre.

What do I use to do electronica?

Anything that can make quirky and odd noises.

And that's just about anything.

So yeah, good luck getting any kind of suggestions that are going to do anything to help you move in the "right" direction without ending up demoing just about every synth in creation. That's why threads like these are so frustrating, futile and, at times, highly entertaining.
pdxindy
KVRAF

12364 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:11 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

wagtunes wrote:So yeah, good luck getting any kind of suggestions that are going to do anything to help you move in the "right" direction without ending up demoing just about every synth in creation. That's why threads like these are so frustrating, futile and, at times, highly entertaining.

Clearly you did not read the thread... cause most of the posts suggested a fairly small and consistent set of synths for the OP to try.
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:07 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

pdxindy wrote:
wagtunes wrote:So yeah, good luck getting any kind of suggestions that are going to do anything to help you move in the "right" direction without ending up demoing just about every synth in creation. That's why threads like these are so frustrating, futile and, at times, highly entertaining.

Clearly you did not read the thread... cause most of the posts suggested a fairly small and consistent set of synths for the OP to try.

Please, it's early. It's 3 pages long. I've read every post. If you think the suggestions made are ALL that's coming, you're delusional.

It's how every single one of these threads ends unless they just lose interest early.

Please, don't make me go drag out a "typical" "what synth should I get thread" and then we can add up how many different synths were recommended. Guarantee 50 or more for every thread over 15 pages.
layzer
KVRAF

4614 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:57 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

PG8X and its free
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
SJ_Digriz
KVRAF

4913 posts since 4 Jul, 2001, from either Northern Idaho or Southern Canada, still trying to figure out which

Postby SJ_Digriz; Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:58 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

wagtunes wrote:In 3 pages, THREE PAGES, 23 different synths have been named.

Typical.

My answer was going to be “all of them”. This idea that any synth released in the last 5 years is somehow “not warm” is ridiculous.
The trick is to realize there is no spoon. That's when you'll know you have been truly swindled.
pdxindy
KVRAF

12364 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:07 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

wagtunes wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

Please, it's early. It's 3 pages long. I've read every post. If you think the suggestions made are ALL that's coming, you're delusional.

It's how every single one of these threads ends unless they just lose interest early.

Please, don't make me go drag out a "typical" "what synth should I get thread" and then we can add up how many different synths were recommended. Guarantee 50 or more for every thread over 15 pages.

You're the one who is delusional... not seeing what is actual due to your own internal process.

3-4 synths have been mentioned much more than the others. Plus a number of other suggestions of less well known or free synths. Great feedback for the OP. It's a successful thread. What may or may not happen to it from here on does not change that the OP's question was effectively answered already.

Cheer up dude, no need to be bitter. KVR works pretty well. :wink:
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:41 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

pdxindy wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

You're the one who is delusional... not seeing what is actual due to your own internal process.

3-4 synths have been mentioned much more than the others. Plus a number of other suggestions of less well known or free synths. Great feedback for the OP. It's a successful thread. What may or may not happen to it from here on does not change that the OP's question was effectively answered already.

Cheer up dude, no need to be bitter. KVR works pretty well. :wink:

Except the OP has no way of knowing IF it's great feedback. How is he supposed to know that the synths mentioned the most are the best? Lotuzia is the only one to have mentioned the XILS synths, all of which are excellent. And then there are the usual free suspects such as Synth1, Charlatan and OBXD that haven't yet been mentioned by Layzer. Oh, and PGX whatever.

Nobody is saying that excellent synths haven't been mentioned. But just how many is he supposed to demo? Does he base that choice on the "popularity" contest? That's gonna leave out some excellent synths that might actually be just as good if not better as well as maybe even cheaper and less of a strain on his budget.

Hell, I have lived through this myself which is why I've learned my lesson about coming here asking for synth suggestions. Never again. Do you know how many synths I ended up demoing that, had people actually read my requirements, would have never been suggested, such as no small GUIs. So what did I get? 15 synths with GUIs that I needed a magnifying glass for.

If you really think the OP is going to have an easy time coming up with a decision after this thread runs its course, you're crazier than I am and I'm pretty darn out there.

Just taking the so called "most named synths" is going to take him days if not weeks to demo properly. Been there, done that and thankful that I don't have to do it anymore. I've literally demo'd almost every synth out there that's 64 bit. Now I'm waiting for developers to actually come out with something so I don't run out of synths to make libraries for. And it took me 4 years to get to that point.

There is WAY too much stuff out there. Nobody can argue that. The market is flooded, which is why Spectral is getting out. Oh yeah, great synths there too, if not analog. But then we get back to the OP's requirement that everybody seems to be glossing over. Covers all grounds. Tell me The Legend covers all grounds. Hell, tell me what covers all grounds even means. That could mean different things to different people. To me, it means can be used for every genre imaginable. I don't see The Legend covering cinematic.

But whatever. I don't have a dog in this fight. The OP's going to have his head spinning around just like I did and everybody else just starting out before this thread runs its course. Hopefully, in spite of all that, he'll be able to come to some kind of decision even if it's just to keep what he has and get nothing.
Aliens
KVRist

285 posts since 1 Oct, 2016, from DogGirlDon't

Postby Aliens; Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:35 pm Re: Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

I second the mention of the Synthmaster 2 + Synthmaster one bundle to supplement the existing instruments.
Warm and analoggy plus a whole lot more for the cash.
Also, one can't, or shouldn't, overlook U-he Diva, nor their repro bundle.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments