Want to buy a warm modern analogue sounding VST, tips?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:Except the OP has no way of knowing IF it's great feedback. How is he supposed to know that the synths mentioned the most are the best?
You way over think things... most people will take the recommendations, enjoy trying some demos and pick something and keep going. There is no best anyway, and the most common suggestions fit the general request from the OP. It's all good. It's like you are determined to make a problem where there is none.

Seems like you're very well covered for warm analog synths. Not sure if you meant that you have dune 1 or 2, but maybe upgrade to 2 would be worth it? The logic synths, even without those other AUs, have plenty of variety already - Modern, retro, warmth, phatness. I'd say Alchemy and ES2 can do almost anything on their own. But maybe they are not exactly as simple as you might like. If that's the case, you do have the ES-1 and the little fm synths, and the retro synth etc.

But I agree with picking up some of the gorgeous sounding freebies out there like Tyrell N6, TAL Electro and Synth1. Grab a copy of cm for BazilleCM as well! Oh and Reaktor player.

+1 for Synthmaster One.

simple and warm sounding analogue
You better use some of the great tape or analog console emus as an overall recording solution (also harware could be used for recording through tape). I don't think that searching for certain instruments is the bet answer when you can get a more valuable solution.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Since you already own and like Minimonsta, I'd recommend not buying another Minimoog emulation like some people mentioned here, but something with a different sound character to add to your current setup.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Despite what wagtunes said about suggesting a wavetable synth being "ridiculous", maybe Tone2's Icarus or Xfer's Serum actually would be something to consider.

Load up some analog synth raw oscillator wavetables/waveforms and throw them through the decent sounding analog filter emulations and you can do the warm analog thing - then you can throw in a different set of wavetables and have something more clean, digital and modern sounding.

It'd certainly cover different ground to the existing ones.

How about Echoboy by the Soundtoys.
It is a "warm modern analogue sounding VST".

pdxindy wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Except the OP has no way of knowing IF it's great feedback. How is he supposed to know that the synths mentioned the most are the best?
You way over think things... most people will take the recommendations, enjoy trying some demos and pick something and keep going. There is no best anyway, and the most common suggestions fit the general request from the OP. It's all good. It's like you are determined to make a problem where there is none.
Well, then I guess I'm just different from most people. If I ask for a suggestion for a synth and get suggested 50 different synths, guess what? I try all 50 different synths because I'd be too afraid that I'd miss something great if I didn't. And that's just what happened to me when I first came asking for a synth here. And trust me, at least for me anyway, it was NOT fun. Not only that, but I ended up buying not one but THREE synths of the ones recommended. But the work I had to go through to get to those three synths was crazy. Not everybody has that kind of patience. Heck, I don't have that kind of patience and I'd never do it again. Took me weeks to make those buying decisions.

The main thing is just to spend a lot of money.
And then realize five months later that you need to spend a lot more money.
And then realize four months later that you need to spend a lot more money.
And then realize three months later that you need to spend a lot more money.
And then realize two months later that you need to spend a lot more money.
And then realize one month later that you need to spend a lot more money.
Reading KVR and Gearslutz etc will help a lot with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xG4oFny2Pk

u-he Diva
TAL U-NO-LX
PG-8X by Martin Lüders

layzer wrote:PG8X and its free
I also think it has the best, most lively and pleasant sound quality of them all. If only it were not so limited in terms of modulation and features...

can someone explain me what MONARK can do/has what THE LEGEND cannot do?
also what THE LEGEN can do/has what DIVA cannot do?

so far it seems DIVA isnt 100% acurate maybe 95% accurate to a Moon than The Legend + it has many many more options, so why not get/recommend just DIVA?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:can someone explain me what MONARK can do/has what THE LEGEND cannot do?
also what THE LEGEN can do/has what DIVA cannot do?

so far it seems DIVA isnt 100% acurate maybe 95% accurate to a Moon than The Legend + it has many many more options, so why not get/recommend just DIVA?
Because Diva and The Legend are two different synths. Diva has models that The Legend doesn't have and The Legend, as a Minimoog model alone, is more accurate. So it all depends on what you're looking for. More models or more accuracy for one particular model.

I just plain prefer the sound of the legend over diva, within the scope of what it can do.

Return to “Instruments”