Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Apratim
KVRist

197 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:25 pm vst instrument for female chants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qkG7NTEZuo

i am looking for a vsti sounding similar to those intro femal chants

i know pandaeyes made it using exale by output

but i am looking for a bit cheap alternative is it possible or do i have to buy kontakt and exhale only??

any tip of making those above sounds will be appreciated even if it will be an another way
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
wagtunes
KVRAF

8372 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:51 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

First of all, if you hadn't told me there were female chants in this, I wouldn't have known. Sounds like total garbage, but whatever.

As I can't make out the actual sounds that you're referring to as "female chants" I can't make any recommendations other than get Exhale. I don't know any synths other than maybe Melodyne or Phonec that make vocal sounds. Vocaloid an probably pull this off (I do own that one) but it's far from a cheap alternative.

So what exactly is cheap? $50? $20? Exhale is $200. Vocaloid is about half the price but may not give you exactly what you're looking for. I have a Vocaloid channel you can check out at Soundcloud but it's used to make "real" sounding vocals and not "chants" which is something I haven't tried yet.

If you can post a better example of what Exhale can do (that video was horrible) I can maybe advise you better but I heard nothing that sounded like vocal chants.
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21009 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:10 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

I cant hear any female chants either :shrug:
Apratim
KVRist

Postby Apratim; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:18 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

wagtunes wrote:First of all, if you hadn't told me there were female chants in this, I wouldn't have known. Sounds like total garbage, but whatever.

As I can't make out the actual sounds that you're referring to as "female chants" I can't make any recommendations other than get Exhale. I don't know any synths other than maybe Melodyne or Phonec that make vocal sounds. Vocaloid an probably pull this off (I do own that one) but it's far from a cheap alternative.

So what exactly is cheap? $50? $20? Exhale is $200. Vocaloid is about half the price but may not give you exactly what you're looking for. I have a Vocaloid channel you can check out at Soundcloud but it's used to make "real" sounding vocals and not "chants" which is something I haven't tried yet.

If you can post a better example of what Exhale can do (that video was horrible) I can maybe advise you better but I heard nothing that sounded like vocal chants.

lol

ok,now on being serious

https://youtu.be/XjbN3rsfvWE?t=13s

its that same guy ehat made the above song

and to be specific on 15s of the vid he says "i meade it with kontakt and later bounced it"
if i am not wrong those sounds like female chants with extreme reverb and a shit tone of pitch modulation

but the only problem is i dont owe kontakt (so f**k it !!)
and nither do i have the money now for buying both of it(i know it can run on free version but still 200$)

so cheap for me is around 50$ to free

and i have used vocaloid and it sounds something like daftpunks extreme vcoder processed vocal with the only diffrence being it haves a female version

ok dont know about phonec but does melodyne make sound or it only pitch corrects it (correct me if i am wrong)

ps what is this phonec vst only ting i can see in google is some vst subtractive type synth
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:19 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

thecontrolcentre wrote:I cant hear any female chants either :shrug:

Thank you. I thought it was just me and I was going deaf. If that's a wonderful example of Exhale, I'm glad as hell I never bought it.
Aloysius
KVRAF

20317 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

Sounds like aahs layered under the lead line. You could find stuff like that in sample packs.

Nice tune. Not sure why that scallywag thinks it's total garbage.
One mans trash is another mans rubbish.
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:22 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

Apratim wrote:
wagtunes wrote:First of all, if you hadn't told me there were female chants in this, I wouldn't have known. Sounds like total garbage, but whatever.

lol

ok,now on being serious

and to be specific on 15s of the vid he says "i meade it with kontakt and later bounced it"
if i am not wrong those sounds like female chants with extreme reverb and a shit tone of pitch modulation

and nither do i have the money now for buying both of it(i know it can run on free version but still 200$)

and i have used vocaloid and it sounds something like daftpunks extreme vcoder processed vocal with the only diffrence being it haves a female version

ok dont know about phonec but does melodyne make sound or it only pitch corrects it (correct me if i am wrong)

ps what is this phonec vst only ting i can see in google is some vst subtractive type synth

Check this out.

http://wolfgangpalm.com/phonem.html
Apratim
KVRist

Postby Apratim; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:27 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

wagtunes wrote:
Apratim wrote:

lol

ok,now on being serious

Check this out.

http://wolfgangpalm.com/phonem.html

ah is see but still 119pounds is out of question for me now
Apratim
KVRist

Postby Apratim; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:30 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

Aloysius wrote:Sounds like aahs layered under the lead line. You could find stuff like that in sample packs.

Nice tune. Not sure why that scallywag thinks it's total garbage.

ok at least you distinguished what i mean but using some brass shots for drop is still garbage for me but the intro is still good i would say
Apratim
KVRist

Postby Apratim; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:34 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

ok just now i got something like kontakt but totally free

http://hise.audio

seems dope to me

whats your opinion guys
wagtunes
KVRAF

Postby wagtunes; Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:37 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

Apratim wrote:ok just now i got something like kontakt but totally free

http://hise.audio

seems dope to me

whats your opinion guys

Doesn't matter what we think. Listen to it. If you like what you hear, use it. I still can't hear chants in the video you posted.
db3
KVRian

1451 posts since 22 Aug, 2012

Postby db3; Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:11 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

Aloysius wrote:Sounds like aahs layered under the lead line. You could find stuff like that in sample packs.

+1

I bet you could get close layering a couple of presets in Air Xpand!2, which was going for $1 not so long ago. Or $5 here.
-dthree-
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21009 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

EnochLight
KVRian

545 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:38 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

When I read the words "female chant", I think this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVKLo9YepUg

..as for the OP, I'd suggest Output Exhale for the genre of music you originally posted.
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5 | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
progtronic
KVRist

287 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:40 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

You could create this with almost any synth vst that will let you layer a few oscillators together.

No sampled "chants" here at all. It's just a breathy/filtered thing layered over a sort of opened fm piano/bell-like styled sound. Could prolly create this with Massive, or any similar kind of synth.

I think I even had a similar sounding preset on my old M1ex hardware. :?
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments