Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
User avatar
Apratim
KVRist
 
197 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:21 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

progtronic wrote:You could create this with almost any synth vst that will let you layer a few oscillators together.

No sampled "chants" here at all. It's just a breathy/filtered thing layered over a sort of opened fm piano/bell-like styled sound. Could prolly create this with Massive, or any similar kind of synth.

I think I even had a similar sounding preset on my old M1ex hardware. :?

can you please explain how you made that or what type pf filter and oscillator you used while making that??
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
User avatar
EnochLight
KVRian
 
545 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Detroit, MI

Postby EnochLight; Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:32 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

Apratim wrote:can you please explain how you made that or what type pf filter and oscillator you used while making that??


The song is basically a heavily reverbed bass sine lead (that trumpet like sound), with two leads over it: a higher synth lead backed with a female breath voice. Which DAW are you using? Most DAW come stock with these sort of sounds
  • Presonus Studio One 3.5 | too many VSTi's to name
  • Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Tech Panorama P4 | M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro | too many RE's to name
User avatar
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
 
25043 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:38 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

http://www.bigtickaudio.com/goodies/angelina

32-bit only, works perfectly here in multiple 64-bit hosts via jbridge.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
User avatar
Apratim
KVRist
 
197 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:10 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

EnochLight wrote:
The song is basically a heavily reverbed bass sine lead (that trumpet like sound), with two leads over it: a higher synth lead backed with a female breath voice. Which DAW are you using? Most DAW come stock with these sort of sounds

rip reaper user here no vocal or any sort of samples
but i can sample from any anime for that breath voice so no worries about that

now what should i do with that vocal voice later??

i think i should use pitch bend with reverb on it if i am not wrong or is it something else please correct me
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
User avatar
progtronic
KVRist
 
287 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:12 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

Apratim wrote:
progtronic wrote:You could create this with almost any synth vst that will let you layer a few oscillators together.

No sampled "chants" here at all. It's just a breathy/filtered thing layered over a sort of opened fm piano/bell-like styled sound. Could prolly create this with Massive, or any similar kind of synth.

I think I even had a similar sounding preset on my old M1ex hardware. :?

can you please explain how you made that or what type pf filter and oscillator you used while making that??


Do you have Massive? I could create an example patch real quick and upload it somewhere. Won't be an exact match.. but will give you a good starting point to tweak from.
User avatar
Apratim
KVRist
 
197 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:59 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

progtronic wrote:Do you have Massive? I could create an example patch real quick and upload it somewhere. Won't be an exact match.. but will give you a good starting point to tweak from.

nope dont have massive but i have all of its wave table and know how to use that you can post a screenshot of it i will understand it
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
User avatar
progtronic
KVRist
 
287 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:51 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

Apratim wrote:
progtronic wrote:Do you have Massive? I could create an example patch real quick and upload it somewhere. Won't be an exact match.. but will give you a good starting point to tweak from.

nope dont have massive but i have all of its wave table and know how to use that you can post a screenshot of it i will understand it


well.. there'd be a lot of stuff going on under the hood, you can't really replicate with just straight wavetables. between the noise osc, the various other osc's.. filters, envelopes, lfo's.. etc..
User avatar
Apratim
KVRist
 
197 posts since 29 Dec, 2016, from India

Postby Apratim; Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:28 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

progtronic wrote:
Apratim wrote:
progtronic wrote:Do you have Massive? I could create an example patch real quick and upload it somewhere. Won't be an exact match.. but will give you a good starting point to tweak from.

nope dont have massive but i have all of its wave table and know how to use that you can post a screenshot of it i will understand it


well.. there'd be a lot of stuff going on under the hood, you can't really replicate with just straight wavetables. between the noise osc, the various other osc's.. filters, envelopes, lfo's.. etc..

do you have a patch like that for serum??
a10 9600p,12gb ddr4,1TB SSD,Win 10 x64
Behringer UMC 202 HD,Behringer C-1.
REAPER,Mpowersynth,imageline synths(not fl studio),MTotalfx bundle,Wusik 8000,Wusikstation V8
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
20317 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:46 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

I'm interested in the preset for Massive, if you're up for it. Thanks. :)
One mans trash is another mans rubbish.
User avatar
progtronic
KVRist
 
287 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:28 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

Apratim wrote:
progtronic wrote:
Apratim wrote:
progtronic wrote:Do you have Massive? I could create an example patch real quick and upload it somewhere. Won't be an exact match.. but will give you a good starting point to tweak from.

nope dont have massive but i have all of its wave table and know how to use that you can post a screenshot of it i will understand it


well.. there'd be a lot of stuff going on under the hood, you can't really replicate with just straight wavetables. between the noise osc, the various other osc's.. filters, envelopes, lfo's.. etc..

do you have a patch like that for serum??


sorry, I don't own serum. maybe someday though.. I really want it. 8)
User avatar
progtronic
KVRist
 
287 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:45 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

Aloysius wrote:I'm interested in the preset for Massive, if you're up for it. Thanks. :)


OK, try this: Progtronic - Massive Patches

Not sure if a direct link to the uploads folder on my site (for a download) will work, lemme know.

Anyway.. did this really quickly, it prolly sucks.. but you'll get the idea.

Also included my Supersaw patch as an extra bonus. :P

Both are really velocity sensitive.. and the Breathy Bell patch gets really filthy at low velocities.. 8)
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
20317 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:12 pm Re: vst instrument for female chants

Awesome. Thank you. Downloaded and will check out asap. :D

Update: Sounds very effective. I like the super-saw patch as well. :tu:
One mans trash is another mans rubbish.
User avatar
wickfut
KVRist
 
285 posts since 22 Sep, 2015

Postby wickfut; Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:50 am Re: vst instrument for female chants

just sample a female vocal, cut it into a small section and add a lot of reverb, then gate it and resample it again. not that hard
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamtrance, bob bobwood, Bombadil, CCBot (commoncrawl), EnGee, Google Adsense [Bot], Ingonator, robotmonkey, wagtunes