Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Psygnal
KVRer

26 posts since 26 Dec, 2012, from Sheffield

Postby Psygnal; Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 pm Guys. Need help with a wub wub Trancey bassy stuff using Massive vsti :D

:love: Any help? I am trying Massive and I make up some bass sounds using the oscs and they can sound really powerful and much like bass. I have Spire but I can't make really deep basses, they come out really tinny and lack much low end too.

Should I look to getting Massive, is Spire enough or is there another I should try :cry: ?
chk071
KVRAF

13211 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:31 pm Re: Guys. Need help with a wub wub Trancey bassy stuff using Massive vsti :D

Which of the millions of possible bass sounds are you talking about?
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
Psygnal
KVRer

26 posts since 26 Dec, 2012, from Sheffield

Postby Psygnal; Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:42 pm Re: Guys. Need help with a wub wub Trancey bassy stuff using Massive vsti :D

Tnx for reply :D
Pluck basses as well as deep sub toned lfo bass
Chris-S
KVRAF

2184 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:34 am Re: Guys. Need help with a wub wub Trancey bassy stuff using Massive vsti :D

Hi,
Massive and Serum are kinda standard synths for wub wub basses, but I see no reason why Spire should not be able to do such sounds.

Without posting audio examples it's difficult to tell why your Spire basses sound weak.
layzer
KVRAF

4481 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:40 am Re: Guys. Need help with a wub wub Trancey bassy stuff using Massive vsti :D

learn to use filter cutoff with LFO and you can get wub from just about any VA.
but then you also need fausage Sattner to make it lAwD.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
andymcbain
KVRist

80 posts since 10 Jan, 2017

Postby andymcbain; Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 am Re: Guys. Need help with a wub wub Trancey bassy stuff using Massive vsti :D

Sub bass sounds by their very nature are pretty simple and pretty much any synth is capable of producing them. Spire will be spitting out all the frequencies you need to make a sub-bass sound so if things are sounding "tinny" it suggests to me that there's mid and high frequencies there that you don't need. Keep experimenting with Spire - especially the filters... you'll get there.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments