Question about older Komplete licenses & version updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all.

I'm consdering picking up a used Komplete license here on KVR at some point. I realize that each new version usually gets some sort of new product additions, like Una Corda, for instance this year. My primary motivation for getting Komplete is for Kontakt and for the various sampled pianos.

My question is, will an older package of Komplete continue to get version updates for the existing products? Hypothetical situation: Let's say I buy a version 9 license from the classified forum this year, then next year Kontakt gets upgraded to version 6. Will the old Komplete 9 license still get the version update, or would that require purchasing/upgrading to Komplete 12 in 2018?

To get a new major version you'll need to buy the latest Komplete, but you'll get all the latest updates for Kontakt 5 with a Komplete 9 licence.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:To get a new major version you'll need to buy the latest Komplete, but you'll get all the latest updates for Kontakt 5 with a Komplete 9 licence.
That's the info I was looking for. Thanks. :tu:

That's kinda different from your question.

You'll get updates on Kontakt 5, for example, to 5.6.8. but you need to pay to get Kontakt 6.

shidostrife wrote:That's kinda different from your question.

You'll get updates on Kontakt 5, for example, to 5.6.8. but you need to pay to get Kontakt 6.
Ah, the plot thickens. Thank you!

Return to “Instruments”