Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Best SAX VST?

Pooyakhr
KVRer

15 posts since 11 Sep, 2017

Postby Pooyakhr; Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:46 pm Best SAX VST?

Any of you guys have a suggestion on a good sax VST with nice articulation sound? (Specifically Tenor)

Thanks,
.maki
KVRAF

4245 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from oO

Postby .maki; Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm Re: Best SAX VST?

If you are on windows, you can use this free Sax Vst here: http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=187

have fun!
Last edited by .maki on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
planetearth
KVRian

1182 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:22 pm Re: Best SAX VST?

Pooyakhr wrote:Any of you guys have a suggestion on a good sax VST with nice articulation sound? (Specifically Tenor)

Thanks,

Paid or free?

There was a similar thread on here not more than a month or so ago; you may want to search for it.

LinPlug is shutting down (and their website is difficult to navigate), but their SaxLab is pretty authentic-sounding, if you ask me. I have it, and I'm still trying to learn the best ways to use all the articulations in it--and I used to play sax!

Even though LinPlug is shutting down, they're still selling the plug-ins, and they're offering them for $49 each, I believe. (I can't get around well enough on their damn site to find a price!) You can download a free demo, at least.

Steve
I'm looking for lyricists and collaborators. Anyone interested?
Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife.
himalaya
KVRAF

4227 posts since 23 Mar, 2006, from pendeLondonmonium

Postby himalaya; Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:56 am Re: Best SAX VST?

The SWAM Sax.

http://www.swamengine.com/portfolio-ite ... axophones/

Best used with some kind of continuous controller.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
Lotuzia
KVRAF

9367 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:36 am Re: Best SAX VST?

You could try Sample Modelling ones, then decide if they're for you ( A bit pricey but ... :shrug: )
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there
VELLISLAV
KVRist

186 posts since 10 May, 2016, from Bulgaria

Postby VELLISLAV; Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:12 pm Re: Best SAX VST?

Not sure about 'best' as description but modern authentic brass for sure can be made with Firebird ,which has its limitations but with some fx over it is irreplaceable :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnvGlKzJt94
Halonmusic
KVRist

354 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:53 pm Re: Best SAX VST?

SaxLab :)
Ah_Dziz
KVRAF

1990 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Postby Ah_Dziz; Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:46 pm Re: Best SAX VST?

SWAM. It's the most realistic one out there. It takes a bit more work than a sample library as everything needs to be programmed. If you are willing to put the work into it or you have a good setup for performing your sax live (breath controller, aftertouch, pedals, etc.) you can make an amazingly lifelike sax part.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.
Pooyakhr
KVRer

15 posts since 11 Sep, 2017

Postby Pooyakhr; Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:03 pm Re: Best SAX VST?

Thank you all for your suggestions. I guess I go with SWAM engine. However, on the other side, I am thinking of hiring a Sax performer to record it live.
Northwood Mediaworks
KVRist

104 posts since 22 Jun, 2011

Postby Northwood Mediaworks; Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:54 am Re: Best SAX VST?

Pooyakhr wrote:Thank you all for your suggestions. I guess I go with SWAM engine. However, on the other side, I am thinking of hiring a Sax performer to record it live.

I've been longing for such a source since the early 1980s when I got started in all this, but still nothing can replicate a real player on a real sax.... its one of those instruments which just cant be emulated truly realistically, in my humble opinion.
wagtunes
KVRAF

8372 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:58 am Re: Best SAX VST?

Northwood Mediaworks wrote:
Pooyakhr wrote:Thank you all for your suggestions. I guess I go with SWAM engine. However, on the other side, I am thinking of hiring a Sax performer to record it live.

I've been longing for such a source since the early 1980s when I got started in all this, but still nothing can replicate a real player on a real sax.... its one of those instruments which just cant be emulated truly realistically, in my humble opinion.

For that matter, no real instrument can be "perfectly" emulated. So why don't we just not buy any emulations of any "real" instruments at all.

Sometimes this place just boggles my mind.
jancivil
KVRAF

12819 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:50 am Re: Best SAX VST?

Northwood Mediaworks wrote:

Well, the evidence by the demos for the Sax libraries at Samplemodeling seems to bely that.
Most of us are not going to go to that extent. I will say this, I have their Mr T tenor sax (from the Kontakt days) and I have hired a professional (actually super-virtuoso) saxophonist who did something (soprano) I don't imagine anybody is going to suss with their or any other library (I actually rely on WarpIV Music's saxes, and flute and trumpets for the most part). But I have done a pretty avant-garde solo with WarpIV's soprano no one is going to ding me on not being real. So it depends.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments