Multi track VST recorder? or connect channels between DAWs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looping channels in ableton so i can build automatons, but i can not record into its own timeline because i want to have a recording of what im doing, not the 10 sec loop im using. SO i figured record what i hear with another application. The problem with that, is i can only record "what i hear" which is all the channels mixed into one track.

Ive been tying to to send the audio from one audio track in DAW#1 to another audio track DAW#2 via VST wormhole, which a network audio plugin. i was able to get it to get to work, but the sound is really messed up. i adjusted the buffering and everything, but i think i need a different solution.

is there an easier way to link DAWS? or even simplyer multi track record in one DAW without using its own timeline, Just record the playback on each separate channel to a WAV file.

maybe some kind of multi track VST that will let me save recording files for each channel in my DAW?

any help would be really appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Perhaps Melda MRecorder is an option for you.

You can route the output from any Track (including Return and Master) to another Track and then record the incoming audio.

https://www.ableton.com/en/manual/routi ... l-routings

[edit: not sure I understood OP's question, but I'm reasonably sure that anything that can be routed to another DAW (through Rewire or virtual cable) can also be routed internally to another track.]

Return to “Instruments”