Native access?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:You folks are still missing the real point.
Being that, while there were occasionally some discrepancies that happened using Service Center, and all of those I could easily by-pass by simply downloading from my account and doing my own installing/updating, and using Service Center only for authorizing are now gone. Many complained about it, but there was a viable work around. It appears that even more are complaining about Access since any work around is being written, rewritten and hidden to keep anyone from using it. Because the few things you could depend on SC are gone and for many of us have become non-existent in Access. As far as I'm concerned, all they need to do is give me back the ability to download from my account so I can do it once and install as I've always had. But what this last Kontakt update has shown me, even that is a thing of the past. But the whole idea of removing links from the accounts and hiding them in folders that we have to let Access try and fail before we can search wherever they're trying to hide it so that I can simply 'paste&go' in my browser all feels a bit too much like a 'shell game'.

I simply don't like having to deal with people that act like con-artists.
And that seems to be the foundation of their new philosophy here.
I agree with you totally. Having said that, I will take the advice given to me, and I will dig everything out by hand, reinstall everything, and see if I can get Native Access to find everything for the next update. If it can go down like it's supposed to, then all is good for me.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote: BINGO!!!!! That's what I was talking about! I have the same exact thing. Lest we forget the "million weird character folders" with names like {45B3F1D3-B6DA-4FAD-966B-4E0B29ACEFAE} that it splatters right on top of the program data folder for each product installed. This might have caused my problems when I deleted them a while ago thinking they were just garbage and should not be there. They really shouldn't be there to be honest. Nothing else that I have installed, has ever done that. Come to find out later when a few of them reappeared in the C\Program Data folder after trying to update with Native Access, which was a fail because of some unknown reason, that they were put there by Komplete. This is all water under the bridge to me at this point, but I just wish that they would freakin' take more care in making a neater install path considering the size of the product.
Those are the setups for the products. That's probably because you deleted them that you can no longer uninstall them, or update them. Why do you people mess with Program Data in the first place? It is by default a hidden folder for a reason.

Again, to show hidden folders in OS X, you usually have to seriously hack the system, using the Terminal. If it was as difficult in Windows, you would probably never delete those folders in the first place.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote: BINGO!!!!! That's what I was talking about! I have the same exact thing. Lest we forget the "million weird character folders" with names like {45B3F1D3-B6DA-4FAD-966B-4E0B29ACEFAE} that it splatters right on top of the program data folder for each product installed. This might have caused my problems when I deleted them a while ago thinking they were just garbage and should not be there. They really shouldn't be there to be honest. Nothing else that I have installed, has ever done that. Come to find out later when a few of them reappeared in the C\Program Data folder after trying to update with Native Access, which was a fail because of some unknown reason, that they were put there by Komplete. This is all water under the bridge to me at this point, but I just wish that they would freakin' take more care in making a neater install path considering the size of the product.
Those are the setups for the products. That's probably because you deleted them that you can no longer uninstall them, or update them. Why do you people mess with Program Data in the first place? It is by default a hidden folder for a reason.

Again, to show hidden folders in OS X, you usually have to seriously hack the system, using the Terminal. If it was as difficult in Windows, you would probably never delete those folders in the first place.
Actually, I never mess with the program data folder, unless I'm deleting left-over folders after uninstalling, registry removal and these 'left-overs' so I can reboot and insure a clean install. Which is an ever-increasing amount when dealing with the NI 'new philosophy'.

I love NI products but Native Access has caused me no end of problems :(

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:
fmr wrote:It's probably your fault.
It probably is. Because it works here just fine on 2 computers.
The customer is always correct according to my info.

NI owe themselves to make the preference window ["it is important that you set you desired preference (including vst paths) before installing anything"] open first after installing Native Access.
Exactly. I, as a customer, am not to blame for poor product design.

If it's going to nuke everything if you don't set the paths correctly, make sure the paths are set correctly. It's not rocket science, it's software development 101.

And if the software developers are too stupid to design it properly in the first place, it doesn't take 12 months to fix once you know about the problem.

fmr wrote:Those are the setups for the products. That's probably because you deleted them that you can no longer uninstall them, or update them. Why do you people mess with Program Data in the first place? It is by default a hidden folder for a reason.
I was hanging out in there and it looked like a mess, so I cleaned it up a little bit. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

fmr wrote:For those that are experiencing problems my advice is: Uninstall EVERYTHING, then reinstall using Native Access. All your problems will probably vanish.
Thank you so much man!!!!! I finally got a chance and hand picked out all Native Instruments from my computer and lo and behold, Native Access gave me the option to download and install. I actually love Native Access now, because it is totally visual, well organized and just does everything so smoothly. I even got the chance to neatly install all content in one folder now as well. I will never doubt NI again. They did a fantastic job with this. Now, when there is an update, I'll just fire up Native Access, and just let it simply do it's thing and then go back to business.

Last time I updated some of my NI products I was surprised to find out that I need to install this crap. It needs to install a f*cking storage driver! I was like :o :dog: :scared: :help: :roll: :bang: :nutter: :uhuhuh:
Seriously, why I would want a software center to install a storage driver on my machine? That's crazy.
No signature here!

That's for mounting the downloaded ISOs, some operating systems like W7 don't have a built-in virtual disk mounters (W10 does).

native access finaly updated the option to cancel a download, wow since one year realy a big progress. I miss the option that i can keep downloaded installers, to install them on my laptop too, without downloading them with my slow dsl 2000 again, but i think it will never happen. With native access i started to sell lot of NI products and the komplete kontrol S. - don't want to waste time with their download / update / installation system - it also takes me 15 minutes to start native access, because this crap tool searches every start for updating itself ...?... I hate it more than waves central

native access finaly updated the option to cancel a download, wow since one year realy a big progress. I miss the option that i can keep downloaded installers, to install them on my laptop too, without downloading them with my slow dsl 2000 again, but i think it will never happen. With native access i started to sell lot of NI products and the komplete kontrol S. - don't want to waste time with their download / update / installation system - it also takes me 15 minutes to start native access, because this crap tool searches every start for updating itself ...?... I hate it more than waves central

sacer wrote:... it also takes me 15 minutes to start native access, because this crap tool searches every start for updating itself ...?... I hate it more than waves central
15 minutes? :lol:

Did you use a chronometer to measure that, or just your impatience? :borg:
Fernando (FMR)

Every start it searches for updates or is doing an update, so it's 10 to 20 minutes, and my dsl has 200 kbyte / s
Service center required max. two minutes to show available updates. It was much bether for me.

sacer wrote:Every start it searches for updates or is doing an update, so it's 10 to 20 minutes, and my dsl has 200 kbyte / s
Service center required max. two minutes to show available updates. It was much bether for me.
So, maybe it's your Internet service. Over here it's like 1 minute or so.
Fernando (FMR)

sacer wrote:native access finaly updated the option to cancel a download, wow since one year realy a big progress. I miss the option that i can keep downloaded installers, to install them on my laptop too, without downloading them with my slow dsl 2000 again, but i think it will never happen. With native access i started to sell lot of NI products and the komplete kontrol S. - don't want to waste time with their download / update / installation system - it also takes me 15 minutes to start native access, because this crap tool searches every start for updating itself ...?... I hate it more than waves central
Same here. but actually takes longer or just never connects at all.
Direct download from site was usually pretty quick.
And blaming the ISP for what is this obvious NA flaw is laughable.
Because:
1. I use two providers (1 satellite, 1 wireless)
{DSL/FIOS} not available here.
2. Using satellite, SC could never, and NA also never, connects.
3. Using Wireless, SC and NA connect, but only for authorizing.
4. Using Satellite or Wireless I can connect directly to my account at NI and download whatever is necessary, every time, with no issues. It's just a shame that they've decided to eliminate links there, and hide them in Access where you have to trick it to give it to you.
5. And yes, every time I've downloaded "the latest version" of Access from the website and installed it, the moment I start up, it starts with updating to yet another "latest version". Taking 20 minutes or more to go through just so I can employ the tricks to get a download link.
And since we're on that subject, since I have it installed on two systems, downloading once to install it to both is necessary. Instead of their demand of downloading it each time trusting Access to do what it never does.

Yes, authorizations are 'rock solid', but the rest of it is more like navigating quicksand.

The whole system definitely needs improvement.

Return to “Instruments”