Buchla 259e Twisted Waveform Generator for modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aalto Softube Modular

christian f. wrote:
Daags wrote:if we're talking commercial 4x4 techno (think snare rushes and woooooshes to build up to a drop, and lyrics like 'put your hands in the air'), which I think we are .... the assertions made here by Christian F re: softube Modular vs ni Reaktor 6 really are horse manure, and the onus is naturally on him to substantiate what he's saying especially given the manner in which he said it. Following up with a 'ya, well, that's just like ... my opinion man' is super weak.

carry on ...
Hahah , in the first line you clearly give away that you obviously have no clue what Techno even is.
Let alone Berlin style Techno.

It kind of sounds like my grandpa describing the latest EDM hit on the radio :dog:
Comprehension really isn't your strong suit. First you laugh at my description of 'commercial techno', and then you go on to say it sounds like a description of something from 'the radio' ...derp derp. What exactly do you think commercial techno is, if not the kind of bilge you'd hear on the radio ? derp.

Secondly, I thought I was describing your output, not the entire genre. Several people have called you up on your comments, and each time you have wilfully failed to substantiate your comments in any way, nor have you provided a link to your output that might at least illustrate - in a self evident manner - why you believe and say what you say about Modular vs Reaktor 6.

In the absence of substantiation, I simply googled your name and found this on youtube. I feel I described it perfectly. If you're not the same Christian F ... so be it, but by all means point us in the direction of your actual music so we can hear with our own ears why Reaktor 6 is no good for this particular sub branch of the techno genre, and why Modular is, like, 100 times better n stuff.

at any rate, I think you'd sooner go down some genre-definition-argument rabbit hole than attempt to substantiate the utter manure you were spreading previously. if it's looking like we're going to argue over what techno is, or who has the bigger techno dick, I'm not interested. Just direct us to your output so we can hear for ourselves why Reaktor 6 is no good for that sound. Simple.

For the record, here's the shite I described as 'commercial 4x4 techno'. My sincere apologies to sensitive berlin techno types if I miscategorised it and somehow besmirched the good name and reputation of berlin techno, praise be upon it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChwSV5ApkM

shroom81 wrote:Reaktor is very nice but it can't compete at all with Softube Modular for making banging Techno straight out of the synth.
More horse manure.
uksnowy - user from Native Instruments forum wrote:I am a Techno producer that uses Reaktor regularly. Blocks is brilliant for Techno: just dig in and start twisting knobs, something will jump out at you.. Also, getting a lot of mileage form Form and Molekular, I know these are commercial but they are awesome for getting original sounds. With everyone using similar sounding samples these days, these two help me get something different from my sample library. Throw a boring pad sample into Molekular and you have an infinite supply of atmos backgrounds you can then sidechaiin, and they will be all original.. I am slowly bringing some of the custom ensembles from the 'user library' in to my process but I am still experimenting. I can say, tthere are some amazing creations to work with. EuroReakt is something I am new to but this has the power to change your life. I will update this post with a few ensembles that I am playing with at the moment. I just can't remember their names right now. Reaktor can be pretty much anything you want it to be and Techno is no exception to this. Owning Reaktor has expanded my sonic world immeasurably. My advice, is dig in and experiment. Good luck.
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... st-1563923

just the first thing I plucked from a quick 'reaktor techno' google query.

Daags wrote:
shroom81 wrote:Reaktor is very nice but it can't compete at all with Softube Modular for making banging Techno straight out of the synth.
More horse manure.
It's my opinion and not like what you posted above claiming to be Techno one might think your head is full of it claiming that for Techno :D

Btw where is your music ?
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

vortico wrote:Multi-threading isn't simply a matter of developing software in a certain year. Sometimes it takes some truly clever tricks and lots of nasty code.
how about compartmentalizing the modular by type across the cores then? you'd have the osc modules on core 1, filters on 2, other modulators on 3 and fx on 4. I know that the hard part is keeping the parallel dsp synced because of the non-realtime nature of the operating system but it CAN be done, through nasty code, right? or does that not make any sense?

Daags wrote:
christian f. wrote:
Daags wrote:if we're talking commercial 4x4 techno (think snare rushes and woooooshes to build up to a drop, and lyrics like 'put your hands in the air'), which I think we are .... the assertions made here by Christian F re: softube Modular vs ni Reaktor 6 really are horse manure, and the onus is naturally on him to substantiate what he's saying especially given the manner in which he said it. Following up with a 'ya, well, that's just like ... my opinion man' is super weak.

carry on ...
Hahah , in the first line you clearly give away that you obviously have no clue what Techno even is.
Let alone Berlin style Techno.

It kind of sounds like my grandpa describing the latest EDM hit on the radio :dog:
Comprehension really isn't your strong suit. First you laugh at my description of 'commercial techno', and then you go on to say it sounds like a description of something from 'the radio' ...derp derp. What exactly do you think commercial techno is, if not the kind of bilge you'd hear on the radio ? derp.

Secondly, I thought I was describing your output, not the entire genre. Several people have called you up on your comments, and each time you have wilfully failed to substantiate your comments in any way, nor have you provided a link to your output that might at least illustrate - in a self evident manner - why you believe and say what you say about Modular vs Reaktor 6.

In the absence of substantiation, I simply googled your name and found this on youtube. I feel I described it perfectly. If you're not the same Christian F ... so be it, but by all means point us in the direction of your actual music so we can hear with our own ears why Reaktor 6 is no good for this particular sub branch of the techno genre, and why Modular is, like, 100 times better n stuff.

at any rate, I think you'd sooner go down some genre-definition-argument rabbit hole than attempt to substantiate the utter manure you were spreading previously. if it's looking like we're going to argue over what techno is, or who has the bigger techno dick, I'm not interested. Just direct us to your output so we can hear for ourselves why Reaktor 6 is no good for that sound. Simple.

For the record, here's the shite I described as 'commercial 4x4 techno'. My sincere apologies to sensitive berlin techno types if I miscategorised it and somehow besmirched the good name and reputation of berlin techno, praise be upon it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wChwSV5ApkM
:lol: that's not me, but pretty funny to know the extra miles some guys go for a forum post :tu:
You should get out of your mancave for a bit and leave that dusty keyboard and mouse for a while..

Experience music and life in the real world.

shroom81 wrote:
Daags wrote:
More horse manure.
It's my opinion and not like what you posted above claiming to be Techno one might think your head is full of it claiming that for Techno :D

This dude Daags is hilarious

acYm wrote:
vortico wrote:Multi-threading isn't simply a matter of developing software in a certain year. Sometimes it takes some truly clever tricks and lots of nasty code.
how about compartmentalizing the modular by type across the cores then? you'd have the osc modules on core 1, filters on 2, other modulators on 3 and fx on 4. I know that the hard part is keeping the parallel dsp synced because of the non-realtime nature of the operating system but it CAN be done, through nasty code, right? or does that not make any sense?
All those things have to interact and often in a two way manner

christian f. wrote:
shroom81 wrote:
Daags wrote:
More horse manure.

This dude Daags is hilarious
Yeah don't we all just love internet warriors like that :hihi: :lol: :clap:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

acYm wrote: how about compartmentalizing the modular by type across the cores then? you'd have the osc modules on core 1, filters on 2, other modulators on 3 and fx on 4. I know that the hard part is keeping the parallel dsp synced because of the non-realtime nature of the operating system but it CAN be done, through nasty code, right? or does that not make any sense?
There's no benefit of running similar code on each core. I can completely randomly assign each core a module to evaluate, and it will be just as effective as organizing them according to their function. Also, oscillator modules for example might be implemented in completely different ways (e.g. wavetable vs circuit simulation). The real challenge is that cross-thread communication is a huge overhead when all threads hit the sync barrier at the end of their workload. And if they finish their work earlier than other threads, it's wasted time.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

Well, I made a business decision and decided to get both the Buchla and Resonator modules through JRR Shop. With the GROUP discount, both cost me only $107.52 and I can live with that.

No point in my fighting this any longer. In spite of the problems with Modular (no browser, slow development time on modules, poor support on loading patches on some DAWs, and high cost of modules) this month, my Softube library will pass Serum as my best selling library. I can't think of any logical reason why this would be but it is what it is. And that's with having to warn people on the sales page that this MIGHT not work on their system and they need to download a test patch first. All in big red ugly letters.

Makes no sense whatsoever. But I'm done fighting this enigma. I'm going to start working on a West Coast library that I hope to have done by January.

Still, the whole thing just baffles the hell out of me.

See, this is what I'm talking about.

In order to get the new Buchla module to show up in Modular, I had to download the latest version of Modular. Okay, I guess I can expect that.

So I do and I install it. Pull it up in my DAW and sure, Buchla is now there.

Except all my other add on modules that I bought back in July, all active in iLok, are all grayed out. None of the Intel modules are available anymore.

This company drives me stark raving mad.

I installed Buchla yesterday, as well as the latest version of Modular. At the same time I installed the latest version of all my modules as well, seems they were updated too.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Well, it turns out that when you use Gobbler to install the latest Modular version, it uninstalls all your add-ons and they have to be reinstalled as well.

Whoever thought of this ridiculous system...oh never mind.

Everything "appears" to be in working order now. I better go through every module just to make sure they're all functioning.

wagtunes wrote:See, this is what I'm talking about.

In order to get the new Buchla module to show up in Modular, I had to download the latest version of Modular. Okay, I guess I can expect that.

So I do and I install it. Pull it up in my DAW and sure, Buchla is now there.

Except all my other add on modules that I bought back in July, all active in iLok, are all grayed out. None of the Intel modules are available anymore.

This company drives me stark raving mad.
I think they update everything at the same time (like Melda). You probably have to update the lot, which is made easy if you use the dreaded Gobbler that they force down your throat. It is more painful to do it by hand but possible if you use the poorly linked download URL on their site (https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mydownloads).

EDIT: Sorry, you've fixed it!

Okay, I just received the license for the Resonator (came later than the Buchla) and it says it's in my Gobbler account and it shows on the web site in my account, but when I launch the PC app, it is not showing up there for me to download. So when I launch Modular, it's grayed out.

So what do I have to do? Do I have to uninstall Gobbler yet again, relog in, and then the resonator will show up in order for me to download it?

See, this is what I'm talking about. Why do people (me included) put up with this crap? I should have my head examined.

Return to “Instruments”