Loom II has landed!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loom Classic Loom II

wagtunes wrote: Wait, did you just say that something is hard to use on a 27" monitor?
Yep, sir. I'm in my forties and i have no choice : bigger guis, or cinemascope. Glasses mode is already on.

sbangs_air wrote:It’s unfortunate I have been met with some of the aggressions here but do understand the feedback and take it on board :-).
It's just tough love, mate. Nothing personal. Be concerned when people stop giving a sh*t.
sbangs_air wrote:We try to go above and beyond to help customers where ever they may be posting/are.
Your SONiVOX customers might see things differently. Killing products (along with their license servers) and scrubbing product information from your website leaves a bad impression.

budweiser wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Wait, did you just say that something is hard to use on a 27" monitor?
Yep, sir. I'm in my forties and i have no choice : bigger guis, or cinemascope. Glasses mode is already on.
Oh believe me, I understand (60 this November) but some people around here don't seem to get it and think 27 inch monitors are the answer to all the problems with tiny GUIs.

They're not.

EvilDragon wrote:How can you get an NFR for a free-to-download soundbank that's available to everyone? :D
sbangs_air wrote:Thanks for all the feedback, we have passed it on to the relevant parties.

We will aim to address the points raised in future updates.
This is what has been said over and over for the past two or so years. Sorry but I don't have any confidence left - instead of saying the same thing over and over again, just do them and show them to us, ASAP. Show that you care and that you listen your users, instead of ridiculing them with "added 2 voices of polyphony by popular request". That was not the request - the request was for MORE than that.
Amen to that!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I’m pretty sure that the time limited upgrade price means that it’ll be way cheaper after the expiration date.

wagtunes wrote: Oh believe me, I understand (60 this November) but some people around here don't seem to get it and think 27 inch monitors are the answer to all the problems with tiny GUIs.

They're not.
No, they're not. Not in the long run. I used to have two 27' screens side by side, one for the daw, the other as a magnifier, but i finally found it was easier to leave some (some beloved - sob) vst(i)s behind...
And i had high hopes for the AIEP pack (hint, hint) :)

The crap has landed!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

THE best lcd size for old plugins is 19" 1280*1024. it gives you a decently sized surface with a small enough res so that plugins aren't made tiny like they are at 1080p. I use one as secondary monitor and would never get rid of it for anything.

my main 27" 1080p is great for ableton and for modern plugins but some older ones do get annoying, even though I have good eyes - I just move these over to the low-res screen and leave them there.

acYm wrote:THE best lcd size for old plugins is 19" 1280*1024. it gives you a decently sized surface with a small enough res so that plugins aren't made tiny like they are at 1080p. I use one as secondary monitor and would never get rid of it for anything.

my main 27" 1080p is great for ableton and for modern plugins but some older ones do get annoying, even though I have good eyes - I just move these over to the low-res screen and leave them there.
Well I'm running 1280x1024 on a 17 inch. I don't see how 2 more inches is going to suddenly make the Korg M1 a joy to work with.

in those small sizes, yes, 2" diagonal is a considerable increase.
you will throw your 17" from your balcony and curse yourself for not having gotten a $15 19" from kijiji sooner.
in any case, it's the best you can get, the next step up in size at 20" is widescreen 1600*900 which is unusable.

I look at vsts as an investment, and many investors define what they
purchase as a 'position', because purchases are made at different prices,
for different needs, and at different times etc. Whether you pay
top dollar, or get a deal, it's your position that matters.

Let's say you get Xpand!2 and AIEP3 for under $100, adding to your
position that already includes, for example, Zebra2, Reaktor, SampleTank,
a Motif keyboard, studio monitors, a computer, and a room for it all.

Your position in vst/audio is perhaps $2500 + monthly rent/mortgage.
At that point, an upgrade to _anything_ at $50, is quite trivial,
especially if it addresses a need/desire, which could be just one feature,
or one great sound that you know you can use and expand upon.
You gain great potential in the position, for a tiny fraction of it's overall value.

The perceived and actual value of an addition to ones position, is based
on the relative cost and potential. Things that don't exist have neither.
Dramatising the details of what does not exist,
comes at the cost of making less music.
Which devalues ones position.
Cheers

No doubt that most AIR products are good, but AIR have dug their own grave in the sense that they have let users upgrade to their full collection for a very nice price just owning "free stuff" like Xpand2.

But now they expect users to pay almost the same amount just to upgrade to one of the plugs in that package.

Hey, it's a market economy dealing in luxury items. If there is no demand for their product or people are not satisfied with the way they run their business then they will inevitably go under. If however, there is a satisfied customer base and you are NOT one of them, then the product is not for you and it is time to move along. There is no point in yelling at the owner of a Chinese restaurant that you want Pizza...

jacqueslacouth wrote:f there is no demand for their product or people are not satisfied with the way they run their business then they will inevitably go under.
Which kind of sucks if you have bought into their products earlier, you are left with products that will not be maintained, or can't be resold
If however, there is a satisfied customer base and you are NOT one of them, then the product is not for you and it is time to move along.
Based on this thread seems the customer base is not impressed.

Numanoid wrote: Which kind of sucks if you have bought into their products earlier, you are left with products that will not be maintained, or can't be resold

Based on this thread seems the customer base is not impressed.
It maybe sucks if the original stops working but as has been discussed on multiple threads, this is the reality of software, it simply doesn't have an indefinite lifespan. Personally, I only see it sucking if I didn't get the value out of the original purchase. If I don't like the new version, I don't buy it and continue to use the original while it continues to work, hopefully getting value out of the purchase.

I wonder what exact percentage of AIR's customer base are actually commenting on this thread. If it is a significant percentage, I can't help but feel they have no business to speak of anyway.

Return to “Instruments”