Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
exmatproton
KVRAF

2042 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

braj wrote:So if this thing crashes, does it mean it flew too close to the sun? :hihi:

Cool one :clown:
fisherKing
KVRAF

1653 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:58 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

emanuelsj wrote:
tasty tatsyn wrote:i also found this on the internet.....

https://imgur.com/a/cZogr

Wow, finally a great skin besides the Solid blue one! Where can we get it?

I must also add that I'm so happy with my Tone2 synths! These constant updates are bringing value to the instruments and pushes me to use it (and abuse it) often into my projects. I would love to see other developers spoiling their fans like Markus and Troels do. Thank you guys for the latest Electra2 update and now for the Icarus one! :tu:

i've owned a bunch of tone2 synths; icarus is easily my favorite. but about that skin... where??
always one plugin short of perfection...
shonky
KVRian

674 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby shonky; Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:14 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

fisherKing wrote:
emanuelsj wrote:
tasty tatsyn wrote:i also found this on the internet.....

https://imgur.com/a/cZogr

Wow, finally a great skin besides the Solid blue one! Where can we get it?

I must also add that I'm so happy with my Tone2 synths! These constant updates are bringing value to the instruments and pushes me to use it (and abuse it) often into my projects. I would love to see other developers spoiling their fans like Markus and Troels do. Thank you guys for the latest Electra2 update and now for the Icarus one! :tu:

i've owned a bunch of tone2 synths; icarus is easily my favorite. but about that skin... where??

Haven't checked them all yet but there's a load of skinning options if you press the Setup box at the bottom, don't know if the one mentioned is included as I tried a few but you have to restart each time to take effect and I was having too much fun creating patches tbh.

Got a hell of a lot of depth to this synth but seems comparatively easy to program once you get the hang of it and know what does what.
shonky
KVRian

674 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby shonky; Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:04 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

Not sure if it needs a new thread but the public beta to 1.6 is now available:

The update to v1.6 is a big update, which is available for free. It includes new resynthesis modes, additonal effects, a better user interface, enhanced sound and a large number of new features. Icarus 1.6 is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.

The Mac version will be available in some weeks.

-----------------

Installation (PC):

1) Download and install Icarus v1.5: https://www.tone2.com/Tone2_Icarus.zip
2) Download the patch to 1.6 beta https://www.tone2.com/update/Tone2_Icar ... eta_PC.zip
2) Replace Icarus.dll (32 bit) or IcarusX64.dll (64 bit) in the Vstplugins directory

-------------

New features:

- IMPORT SAMPLE->'Resynthesis smart pitch snap' drastically enhances the sound quality of the resynthesis function. You can select a wav file and it automatically creates a synthesizer patch which syncs to BPM.
- IMPORT SAMPLE->'Resynthesis of melody' is a groundbreaking feature. It can import complete phrases or melodies in wav format. It automaticaly programs a patch that sounds very similar to the original. It reprograms the melody in the arpeggiator. Futhermore it creates a wavetable with the harmonic content of the patch. The patches can further be tweaked, time streched or modified.
- IMPORT SAMPLE->'Resynthesis with dynamic pitch' can import a wave. It automatically creates a patch which sounds similar to the original one. This mode does aly analyse the pitch information of the patch and programs the STEP lfo with a pitch envelope.
- IMPORT SAMPLE->'Beat slice drumlop' cuts a sample into 16 or 32 waveforms and creates a patch with plays a BPM synced loop
- New effect: 'Reverb Gated' which syncs to the BPM rate. It works best for drum sounds or arpeggiators
- New effect: 'Reverb Gated Echo' is Gated Reverb with a delay which syncs to BPM
- new effect: 'Reverb Reverse' which syncs to the BPM rate
- new effect: 'Reverb Decay' which syncs to the BPM rate
- The patch browser shows a scrollbar if more than 26 categories exist
- 'Shift notes up' shifts the notes in the arpeggiator one halftone up
- 'Shift notes down' shifts the notes in the arpeggiator one halftone down
- 'rotate 1 slot left' rotates the notes in the arpeggiator
- 'rotate 1 slot right' rotates the notes in the arpeggiator
- The morph kob now shows the number of quantized steps
- The wavetable editor shows a large slider with a grid if modifiers with 'value' are edited
- Osc->Tool 'Resynthesis smart snap'
- Wavetable editor->Spectrum->'Sort by brightness' sorts waveforms by their harmonic content. It can be used to create wobbles
- Wavetable editor->Resynthesis->'Resynthesis smart snap'
- Wavetable editor->Mix->'Fade in'
- Wavetable editor->Mix->'Fade out'
- Wabetable editor->Phase->'Rotate' shifts the phase of all selected waveforms
- XX additional patches (still not included)

Enhancements:

- Slightly enhanced sound quality of 'Import Sample'->'Create patch: Resynthesis...'
- More smart path selection on PC for loading/saving
- Enhanced performance of some knobs, especially the LFO sends
- The knobs MORPH, FADE, WAVE, PHASE do not longer switch the LFO
- A hand symbol is shown for text-style parameters which can be altered with the mouse
- Enhanced sound of 'Reverb Medium', 'Reverb Real', 'Reverb Trance' especially for for small sizes
- Enhanced sound of 'Formant Cross' morphmode
- Enhanced sound of 'Vocoder' morphmode
- Slightly enhanced sound of 'Reverb Big' and 'Reverb Infinity' with reduced low frequency rumble
- Wavetable editor is more easy and comfortable to use
- Undo function now also works with arpeggiator, fx tool, matrix tool, eq tool and filter tool menu
- Reduced a click when routing a saw lfo to WAVE
- Better default effect settings for Ensemble, Reverb Dark, Delay Fat, Delay Pingpong, Delay Diffuse, Delay Band

Bug fixes:

- Modulation depth of knobs could have been incorrect if matrix target was switched
- Removed wrong up/down arrows in the STEP LFO
starflakeprj
KVRian

767 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Postby starflakeprj; Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:04 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

The 1.6 beta has been available since 19th of March, so this is not really "news". But who knows, maybe to some.

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2547.0
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.1GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Arturia AudioFuse | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 4.0 | Reason 10.1 | Bitwig Studio 2.3 | Reaper 5.9 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 12.5 | 460+ VSTs | 170+ Rack Extensions
Cinebient
KVRAF

3516 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:51 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

starflakeprj wrote:The 1.6 beta has been available since 19th of March, so this is not really "news". But who knows, maybe to some.

http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2547.0

For me it is. So, thank‘s!
But as mac user i have to wait a bit more anyway.
Looks like a great update. Icarus is a very nice synth. My favorite wavetable synth so far.
Last edited by Cinebient on Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vortifex
KVRian

790 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:21 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

It's on offer at the moment. I'm struggling with GAS not to buy this just for the vocoder.
Vertion
KVRist

380 posts since 29 Oct, 2016

Postby Vertion; Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:57 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

Just bought Icarus, been toying with it. It's absolutely their most versitile synth yet, and creates extremely high quality sounds. It has a built in feature to create new patches at random which makes it pure bliss. Truly a masterpiece softsynth. It was made by the same mind that gave ReFX (Vanguard, Claw, etc) its success., Markus is a synthesis genius, straight from Berlin's heart, who single handedly coded every Tone2 synth. Watch out! He's back, and he is on fire!
chk071
KVRAF

16436 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:05 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

Markus is from Bavaria, not Berlin. :P
Vertion
KVRist

Postby Vertion; Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:13 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

Great chocolate there... Mmmm... Bavarian Chocolate *drools*
Vertion
KVRist

Postby Vertion; Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:17 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

Would love a choco synth. :D

263648.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nichttuntun
KVRist

437 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:43 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

Hi groovy guys and swinging gals,

I bought this WMS (Wavetable Monster Synth) and I am absolutely amazed how great it is and how crazy sounds it can provide in no time - although I already own a BLOFELD and the PPG stuff by Wolfgang Palm (beside ZEBRA and LOOM).

I figured out a lot in several hours tweaking this machine but I still have some questions:

- Is it possible to make a real morph between OSC1 and OSC2? Not just a volume-blend between the two. I mean a real spectral morph (like in plugins as MMorph by Mela) which creates a completely new sound calculated out of two different Wavetables. I know ONE Wavetable can be manipulated by many different morph-parameters.

- There are Ring-morphing options within ONE Wavetable. But how can I Ring-Modulate OSC1 by OSC2 e.g.?

- Is it possible to use a seperate AMP-Envelop for each of the 3 OSCs?

- Is it possible to use a seperate FILTER-Envelop for each of the 3 OSC?

- 3 LFOs? Its not really much! Is there a chance of getting more in the future? I am aware of the continious updates TONE2 are giving their customers.

- I have the feeling that scanning-speed used on a Wavetable via LFO1 (which is fixed wired in the OSC-section) is the same speed for all three Wavetables (OSC1, OSC2, OSC3). Is there any way to make all three OSCs scan in different speeds?

Sorry for so much questions and thank you in advance :tu:
Cheers
nevis
KVRist

106 posts since 17 Dec, 2016, from Germany

Postby nevis; Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:49 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

1.6 has been released officially today.

Original announcement and further infos:
https://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2581
nichttuntun
KVRist

437 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:54 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

Hi guys at Tone2,
thank you for your passion to improve an already fantastic synth further more. I appreciate that very much.
Regards
Examigan
KVRAF

4209 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:46 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

nichttuntun wrote:
- 3 LFOs? Its not really much! Is there a chance of getting more in the future? I am aware of the continious updates TONE2 are giving their customers.

I am not at home now to check, but I think there is a 4th one (multi-seg step), and there are simple sine wave based lfos in the mod matrix.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments