Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
exmatproton
KVRAF

2042 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:52 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Updated first page to fit the latest version available; 1.6 has been released
exmatproton
KVRAF

2042 posts since 24 Apr, 2011

Postby exmatproton; Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:00 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

nichttuntun wrote:Hi groovy guys and swinging gals,

I bought this WMS (Wavetable Monster Synth) and I am absolutely amazed how great it is and how crazy sounds it can provide in no time - although I already own a BLOFELD and the PPG stuff by Wolfgang Palm (beside ZEBRA and LOOM).

I figured out a lot in several hours tweaking this machine but I still have some questions:

- Is it possible to make a real morph between OSC1 and OSC2? Not just a volume-blend between the two. I mean a real spectral morph (like in plugins as MMorph by Mela) which creates a completely new sound calculated out of two different Wavetables. I know ONE Wavetable can be manipulated by many different morph-parameters.

- There are Ring-morphing options within ONE Wavetable. But how can I Ring-Modulate OSC1 by OSC2 e.g.?

- Is it possible to use a seperate AMP-Envelop for each of the 3 OSCs?

- Is it possible to use a seperate FILTER-Envelop for each of the 3 OSC?

- 3 LFOs? Its not really much! Is there a chance of getting more in the future? I am aware of the continious updates TONE2 are giving their customers.

- I have the feeling that scanning-speed used on a Wavetable via LFO1 (which is fixed wired in the OSC-section) is the same speed for all three Wavetables (OSC1, OSC2, OSC3). Is there any way to make all three OSCs scan in different speeds?

Sorry for so much questions and thank you in advance :tu:
Cheers

1. No

2. Not possible as of yet. Only FM, AM and WS

3. No, afaik. Although you can link the extra envelopes to get a similar result.

4. No. (But see 3.)

5. I agree, although the fixed lfo's can be useful for the time being. I don't see tone2 adding more lfo's any time soon.

6. LFO1 is hardwired, but you can always use different LFO's in the mod section to drive the wt scanning modulation. Just link lfo1, lfo2 and lfo3 to the different osc's wt scan parameter in the modmatrix and don't touch the hardwired lfo in the osc section.
Frantz
KVRAF

4778 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:17 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

The new sample import beat slicer is fun. :)

@nichttuntun: I suggest you take your detailed questions to the Tone2 forum: https://www.tone2.org/forum/
nichttuntun
KVRist

437 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:31 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

exmatproton:
thank you for your answer. The last position could be gold for me :)

Frantz:
you are right. I will contact them and give them this improvement suggestions. Although I think they are reading here too. I am aware of the fact that Tone2 is a very small dev-company.
Frantz
KVRAF

Postby Frantz; Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:39 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

nichttuntun wrote:Frantz:
you are right. I will contact them and give them this improvement suggestions. Although I think they are reading here too. I am aware of the fact that Tone2 is a very small dev-company.

After some drama here a few years ago, Markus no longer reads this forum. He does read and respond to messages in his own forum.
Aloysius
KVRAF

21843 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:52 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

totally irrelevant
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach 64. Keep 32-bit Plug-ins alive.
Examigan
KVRAF

4209 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:23 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

In other Tone2 news, they announced a new larger display for Gladiator is in the works. :)
chk071
KVRAF

16436 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:38 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Aloysius wrote:Drama initiated by Markus.

:lol:

Thanks, haven't laughed already today. :)
Aloysius
KVRAF

Postby Aloysius; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:50 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

totally irrelevant
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:52 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

No, really, do you actually believe what i quoted?

IIRC, it wasn't like that at all. At least if you mean the same thing as i do.
Aloysius
KVRAF

Postby Aloysius; Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:56 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

totally irrelevant
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chk071
KVRAF

Postby chk071; Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:01 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Ok. What i remember is that the "initialization" of the drama was done by a very "trustable" member of the warez community, not Markus. I could be wrong, because, i only read about it years after that.

I can understand pretty well why a developer wouldn't want to bother with these forums anymore, BTW. There's some people around here who seem to miss no chance to bash any developer who has the slightest bit of success, it seems. Not talking about you, but, there sure are a lot of trolls around here.

At the very least, there could be a bit more comprehension for people trying to secure their day work, the stuff which gets their food on the table. It is also beneficial for the end user, because, if piracy takes away much of the income, then the products have to be more expensive, or the copy protections have to be more drastic.
Aloysius
KVRAF

Postby Aloysius; Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:51 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

totally irrelevant
Last edited by Aloysius on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nichttuntun
KVRist

437 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:49 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

problem could be that most devs of small companies simply are nerds and I mean that in an absolutely positive way. Nerds at core and not used automatically to make buisiness or work as a team mate and not firm to use diplomacy and such mechanisms.

I think if some of them weren´t like this some awesome software never would have seen the light of day and therefore I love them and I don´t mind their "mistakes" and their emotional responses to things that they have a passion for. I love to support small studios like TONE2, GLITCHMACHINES, MADRONA LABS, ADMIRAL SOUND, PLOGUE and more and they all got a special place in my heart.

Hey, I startet to care about samplers, efx and synthesis in the early 90th and I never could afford the things I realy liked to have - like a Moog Modular System or some other soooo expensive hardware stuff (Lexicons and and and). Back in the days, even in my wildest dreams, I couldn´t imagine that nowadays sound design possibilities would come true at such reasonable prices. Today has become a dreamy wonderland for me :) And everywhere I go people are just complaining about unimportant things like GUIs, the mentality of devs and whatnot. Are they all totally spoiled and did forget how expensive hardware was back in the days and how small editing displays where and how hard it was to program synth?

For me the "problems" which are often discussed in KVR are totally irrelevant :)
Frantz
KVRAF

Postby Frantz; Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:29 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

I am very impressed with the improved resynthesis functions. :tu:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments