Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Past To The Future

Arturia's 21 classic synth and keyboard emulations REBORN!

HALF PRICE SALE NOW ON.

Go "Past To The Future" with Arturia.

Read more at www.arturia.com
nichttuntun
KVRist

437 posts since 21 Nov, 2017

Postby nichttuntun; Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:20 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Hi.
Cool. I would like to check the new re- synthesis function too but no matter what I do and where I install ICARUS 1.6 over 1.5 I am still left with version 1.5. Exchanged the dll manually and whatnot. Nothing works. How did you update? Cheers.
Frantz
KVRAF

4778 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:32 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

I didn't do anything special. In Win 7, I just installed in the same sub-directory where Icarus is currently. Not the Tone2 directory but Tone2/Icarus/.
nichttuntun
KVRist

Postby nichttuntun; Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:55 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Thank you. I have to re- check the directories. Think this could be the problem. Cheers
tasty tatsyn
KVRist

206 posts since 19 Jun, 2016

Postby tasty tatsyn; Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:52 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.5 Released

fisherKing wrote:
emanuelsj wrote:
tasty tatsyn wrote:i also found this on the internet.....

https://imgur.com/a/cZogr

Wow, finally a great skin besides the Solid blue one! Where can we get it?

I must also add that I'm so happy with my Tone2 synths! These constant updates are bringing value to the instruments and pushes me to use it (and abuse it) often into my projects. I would love to see other developers spoiling their fans like Markus and Troels do. Thank you guys for the latest Electra2 update and now for the Icarus one! :tu:

i've owned a bunch of tone2 synths; icarus is easily my favorite. but about that skin... where??

been a bit absent from KVR (for good reasons) :) working with Tone2 team to try to get this skin out, it has been updated meanwhile

https://imgur.com/a/MSUrSx7

there's a blue knobs version too
nichttuntun
KVRist

Postby nichttuntun; Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:32 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Uh uh uh...there´s absolutely no need to exchange the original skin for me and by the way, your skin is plain ugly as hell. Sorry for my honesty :D

Have fun.
mevla
KVRian

1473 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:18 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

I find the original UI great, and the choice of colors it offers just fine. This said, I've never re-skinned any plugin. None of them are offensive enough to hinder the creation of music :D And some native UIs are just great.
tasty tatsyn
KVRist

Postby tasty tatsyn; Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:30 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

obviously not everyone has the same taste or opinion and there's a quote there for a reason ;)

and yes i have a lot of fun with Icarus 8)
zvenx
KVRAF

6432 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:51 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Tone2 team worked with you on that skin?
rsp
nichttuntun
KVRist

Postby nichttuntun; Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:59 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Really? This custom skin represents in no way the modern digital wavetable synthesis approach of ICARUS. Besides it's much too dark. Colour separation and contrasts are stressing to the eye. Much too less contrast steps. Please consider such things. There are people out there who program such synth monsters for several hours.

Why all the hassle about photo realism knobs and displays? These are no real objects. These VSTs are just made of bits and bytes and they feel way more integer while they do not try to mine something they aren't.

The only thing I have to wish is a bigger GUI for screens over 2000 resolution. That would be a welcome addition.
tasty tatsyn
KVRist

Postby tasty tatsyn; Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:17 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

nichttuntun wrote:Really? This custom skin represents in no way the modern digital wavetable synthesis approach of ICARUS. Besides it's much too dark. Colour separation and contrasts are stressing to the eye. Much too less contrast steps. Please consider such things. There are people out there who program such synth monsters for several hours.

Why all the hassle about photo realism knobs and displays? These are no real objects. These VSTs are just made of bits and bytes and they feel way more integer while they do not try to mine something they aren't.

The only thing I have to wish is a bigger GUI for screens over 2000 resolution. That would be a welcome addition.

This custom skin has countless hours of use here... countless.... ;)

Although Icarus is not a real object i like it as much or more than some people like their hardware synths.

Why all the hassle of writing 2 posts in under 12 hours saying all the nice things you said about a custom optional skin instead of...
ex: creating your own optional custom skin, probably would be a much better use of time, sorry for the honesty : :wink:

i'll upload diferent color settings in higher quality screenshots tonight
nichttuntun
KVRist

Postby nichttuntun; Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:04 am Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

Be your guest :)

Can you do a bigger version for the original GUI? You would make so many people happy. Cheers
tasty tatsyn
KVRist

Postby tasty tatsyn; Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:28 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

about a default bigger skin that's something you might want to ask the developers in tone2 Forum

i do like the default skin and i can use icarus with it.
but taking into account the ammount of hours i spend playing with it i wanted to do some tweaks that could make it more interesting for me and more inspiring

....granted, there's diferent people and diferent tastes, i can even add it's a bit!? on the dark side and probably not the best skin for someone that just got the synth ;)
..but i know Icarus inside out and know where everything is; so contrast is not so important for me, the mood is sets me into was\is..

anyhow... here are the skin examples with diferent color schemes selected

https://imgur.com/a/nsTUYPO
mevla
KVRian

1473 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:13 pm Re: Tone2 Icarus 1.6 Released

The thing is, for any plugin manufacturer, as screen resolutions are getting higher and monitors larger, what will non/scalable UIs look like 5 years from now ? 10 years from now ?
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments