3D Audio Suggestions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR,

It looks like Plugin Alliance just released their version of a 3d binaural spatialization plugin called dearVR. With products on the market like Spatial Audio Designer, Waves Nx, Facebook's Free 3d audio workstation, etc. I was wondering if anyone on KVR could share their experiences, preferences, and any insights they have into 3d audio production, including which of these tools (or others) they find the best and what phasing situations one should expect to find with 3d spatialization, and perhaps what tools are available to deal with any of those phasing issues.

Not used one since SpinAudio, but I was gonna give this an, erm, whirl to see how well it worked....

https://developer.oculus.com/documentat ... ok-os-vst/
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks, whyterabbyt,

I gave this a whirl recently as well. It seemed to work well, but I couldn't get any information from them about the legality of using that tech for commercial music. I put a message in the forum and sent an email to them but I didn't get any solid answers in terms of the licensing conditions.

Curious about Ircam Spat Revolution as well. Triple or more the price-point of many of the other plugins I've mentioned. Has anyone tried Spat Revolution out?

Return to “Instruments”