Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

Just learned that in an FM/RM scenario, the NoiseOsc is a modulator for OSC3 ... which is super cool because you can load WAV files into the NoiseOsc :D

Teksonik wrote:
plexuss wrote:not to buy it until Dmitry fixed the problem with modulation amount not being adjustable when using an external mac trackpad.
You'd pass on an awesome sounding synth at a no brainer price because of that ? :roll:
:hihi:

Examigan wrote:That's a good endorsement if you like it Teksonik! I will check it out. :)
I love Thorn but please don't take my word for it....I don't want the blame if you hate it..... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

waiting on serial from JRR Shop... the Dmitry Sches site was down when i went to buy.
anyone else bought Thorn from JRR Shop? How long to receive the serial? cheers

[EDIT] Done, took about 2-3 hours, not too bad. Cheers ;) The DS website is still down.
Must have copped a pounding.
Last edited by sqigls on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sometimes the serial number email doesn't seem to get sent.

Have a look in your account on JRR in case that happened.
It's happened to me a few times from JRR.

Shame that hardware I want, is only available as software and teasing pictures :D

deleted
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Not sure if this was alraedy mentioned:
About 50 times.

lnikj wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Not sure if this was alraedy mentioned:
About 50 times.
Just noticed myself so i deleted my post above and here is a reply to one of te earlier posts here:
exmatproton wrote::?: so weird. Normal is too small (1080P screen here), so that text becomes blurry/unreadable (to some extend) and the next step up (large) doesn't fit on that that same screen...
Just found the same problem here. Normal size has a bigger amount of free screen space and the next size is bigger than my Full HD display (1080p height). This makes the GUi scaling quite unusable for me.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Reported a problem with one of my own presets and Dmitry wrote me back that an update with most things mentioned here fixed is already in the works and should be available very soon. :clap: :tu:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

I'd appreciate more control resolution when holding [SHIFT]... The pitch of the Noise oscillator for example, I couldn't get it to +12 exactly, gonna go RTFM now, but I'm pretty happy that most controls are tweakable with a 2-finger 'scroll' on the Macbook trackpad, thank you very much!
I'm really loving this synth. I haven't used a single external effect yet. So quick and easy to get ideas out!

I had this issue as well. It doesn't work as in the manual.

For number fine control use Alt
For knob fine control use Ctrl

Hello guys, unfortunately my website completely got down, I'm moving it right now to the new server, today it will get back online and I hope to never see 500 error.

Almost all issues posted here are already fixed, few more to go and tomorrow will release the first 1.01 update. Sorry for the issues and thank you for patience!

I know it's only v1.0 but in the future I would love a couple of macro controls. Maybe do it like Spire with a pop-out panel?

Return to “Instruments”