Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
] Peter:H [
KVRist

318 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:38 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Pending; Voting activated shortly)

[off topic] A post somewhere else on KVR about "sasquathes" reminded me of french science and this hilarious video of reggie watts: https://www.ted.com/talks/reggie_watts_ ... anguage=de
TheNeverScene
KVRist

88 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Postby TheNeverScene; Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:14 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Pending; Voting activated shortly)

Once again, I'm afraid to close my DAW...not due to waveform reload issues, but knuckle deep into Dec 1st and no white noise yet.

Anyone else? lol

Edit: It's July of 2067 now and still no white noise. Just sold the DeLorean and flux capacitor, so I guess I'm good to go!

Edit 2: Had to repo the DeLorean. Took it for a spin and didn't realize the guy had set the clock to Dec 2, 2017....hit 88 mph.....and there are the wooshes
Last edited by TheNeverScene on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlienXXX
KVRist

124 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby AlienXXX; Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:08 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

Very sadly... I missed this one...

Been so busy at work that it was just impossible to work on my track.
Tj Shredder
KVRist

70 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Berlin

Postby Tj Shredder; Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:51 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Pending; Voting activated shortly)

TheNeverScene wrote:Once again, I'm afraid to close my DAW...not due to waveform reload issues, but knuckle deep into Dec 1st and no white noise yet.

Anyone else? lol

Edit: It's July of 2067 now and still no white noise. Just sold the DeLorean and flux capacitor, so I guess I'm good to go!

I also went past midnight, and had no noise. This morning though I got it after reloading. I immediately passed the cash to get rid of it. Unimaginable to be without Thorn. I never was into drugs, but this one got me...;-)
vitalker
KVRist

83 posts since 25 Sep, 2013

Postby vitalker; Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:40 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (New Prizes: Thorn, and updated JRR Shop prize)

] Peter:H [ wrote:I'm completely okay if you ask for an extension for *all* participants until 02.12. Probably I will do an update too? Would be only fair to all.

If @bjporter will agree, it will be cool. :wink:
mmGhost
KVRist

140 posts since 24 Aug, 2009, from CO, USA

Postby mmGhost; Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:30 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Pending; Voting activated shortly)

TheNeverScene wrote:Once again, I'm afraid to close my DAW...not due to waveform reload issues, but knuckle deep into Dec 1st and no white noise yet.

Anyone else? lol

heh, last night when i was writing my KVR post submitting my track i heard this "whoosh" coming from the floor, and realized my DAW was still open and Thorn was putting out a whooshing sound into my headphones (on floor). happened at exactly midnight.

it kind of freaked me out before i realized what was at hand!
Soundcloud | Spotify | YouTube Tutorials
"Just sidechain everything to everything"
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2023 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:07 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

I listened and scored every track now - some really great ones.

I was missing three most impressive demos published in these pages earlier:

TheNeverScene: Dub-ye-thornicus

Peter:H:
Stukas Attack!
Eins-Twei-Drei-Vier (Kraftwerk Tribute)

I wonder if these two gentlemen can pm me the own patches of those demos, I would really appreciate?
BTW - I have suggested to the OSC organizer a way to collect all the OSC presets under special signature library for the synth, lets see if this happen. :phones:
toonertik
KVRist

116 posts since 15 Feb, 2017

Postby toonertik; Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:25 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

Harry_HH wrote:I wonder if these two gentlemen can pm me the own patches of those demos, I would really appreciate?
BTW - I have suggested to the OSC organizer a way to collect all the OSC presets under special signature library for the synth, lets see if this happen. :phones:

What!!! No way>>> and expose my sloppy patch creation skills :uhuhuh:
:lol:
] Peter:H [
KVRist

318 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:46 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

Harry_HH wrote:I listened and scored every track now - some really great ones.

Stukas Attack!

I wonder if these two gentlemen can pm me the own patches of those demos, I would really appreciate?

Thanks for the word "most impressive". Good to hear that... ;-)
Your right "Eins - Zwei - Drei - Vier" is missing...I was in the bad situation to have two tracks finished. And I decided to compete with "This is Thorn".
About presets: I'm already talking to Dimitry to find a way to publish my presets somehow in return for the chance to enjoy his great synth for one month free. Let's see if he likes them...This would include the presets to "Eins - Zwei - Drei - Vier" and "This is Thorn!". So I would like to ask for some patience ;-)

"Stukas Attack!" is btw not Thorn. You know it is Zebralette (OSC#104)...went through the track and exported again most of the presets, see Attachment. And please Note - I'm bad at naming things. You have to find your way around these presets and where to use them in your track yourself ... ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ckoe
KVRist

62 posts since 26 Sep, 2017, from Berlin

Postby ckoe; Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:03 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

voted
+++ Blog +++ Facebook +++ YouTube +++ Soundcloud +++
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2023 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:03 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

] Peter:H [ wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:I listened and scored every track now - some really great ones.

Stukas Attack!

Thanks for the word "most impressive". Good to hear that... ;-)
Your right "Eins - Zwei - Drei - Vier" is missing...I was in the bad situation to have two tracks finished. And I decided to compete with "This is Thorn".
About presets: I'm already talking to Dimitry to find a way to publish my presets somehow in return for the chance to enjoy his great synth for one month free. Let's see if he likes them...This would include the presets to "Eins - Zwei - Drei - Vier" and "This is Thorn!". So I would like to ask for some patience ;-)

"Stukas Attack!" is btw not Thorn. You know it is Zebralette (OSC#104)...went through the track and exported again most of the presets, see Attachment. And please Note - I'm bad at naming things. You have to find your way around these presets and where to use them in your track yourself ... ;-)

Thank you for the Stukas preset, sorry confused it to Thorn, because, if I rember correctly, was published in some Thorn thread. I look forward for the 1234 presets, hopefully Dimitry will include a collection of the best OSC presets with the next Thorn update.
sqigls
KVRAF

2489 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

Anyone know where i can upload my patches without needing to log in or give a recipient's email?

it's a zip file - 3.7MB

cheers
J.Ruegg
KVRist

191 posts since 16 Mar, 2013, from Lima - Perú

Postby J.Ruegg; Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:39 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

sqigls wrote:Anyone know where i can upload my patches without needing to log in or give a recipient's email?

it's a zip file - 3.7MB

cheers

KVR?

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/thorn-b ... /downloads
sqigls
KVRAF

2489 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:14 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

BbluntProductions
KVRist

54 posts since 17 Jun, 2014

Postby BbluntProductions; Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:06 am Re: One Synth Challenge #105 - Thorn by Dmitry Sches (Voting Open!)

Voted!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments