Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Bladerunner1962
KVRist

173 posts since 14 Nov, 2010

Postby Bladerunner1962; Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:18 am Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Hi,

I recognized very late the Transfuser VST. This is a really great solution and goes near into the direction of "Band in a box".
"Band in a box" is for me not useable, beside it's too compliacte. Also I only work with a DAW in order order to manage my devices, presets and patches.

Transfuser combines everything on bass phrases, beats/drums, guitars phrases, brass phrases, string phrases and so on and so on.
So melodic playable loops with automatic chords is the concept behind Transfuser.
You can very easy and very fast different phrases from different instruments.
The for me important difference to e.g. Stylus RMX is: I can play and improvise and have no "static
loops" with only one note. With e.g. Stylus RMX I'm not able to play "melodic".

The thing with Transfuser is...Yes, it comes with a huge amount of playable presets. Great! But for me too much Dub, Trance, Rave and Dancefloor presets/phrases. Also I miss some "traditional" bass phrases.

Are there some other solutions in place like Transfuser?
I only looking for "ready to play solutions" in that case!
I don't want to build/use loops, cause they are not "melodic playable"...only, if invest a lot of time.
Protocol_b
KVRist

134 posts since 11 Nov, 2012

Postby Protocol_b; Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:42 am Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

SampleTank, for one - there is a free version at IK Multimedia if you want to check it out. Look into the multi's and phrases.
zzz00m
KVRist

474 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:08 pm Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

I have Transfuser, and the preset content is mostly not my style, but I do like the main concept. Other than making your own presets, I'm not sure there is anything exactly like it, with everything combined within one plugin. Maybe Reason, but I've never worked with that. That is really more like a DAW with an integrated synth rack, sampler, and drum machine.

You could layer various synth plugins on several tracks tracks in your DAW to achieve a similar effect. Using synths with internal arpeggiators would be the simplest way to play melodic patterns. Just hold the desired keys down and let the arp run.

If your DAW has a groove matrix that syncs to your project, then you could also drop some loops into that.

For beats/drums I could suggest the AIR Strike drummer. All the patterns in a selected style are mapped out to keyswitches so you can trigger the variations and fills in real-time from a keyboard. I have Addictive Drums as well, but I think Strike is more useful for triggering drum patterns in real-time. Besides it is a lot of fun! You do have quite a bit of control over how the kit sounds and feels, as well as the mix.

But then again, maybe it is worth spending some time learning how to customize Transfuser to do what you need.
Instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
EnGee
KVRAF

4066 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland - NZ

Postby EnGee; Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:07 pm Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Arturia Spark has a similar concept and workflow.

Personally, when I don't use Transfuser, I use Groove Agent SE (that comes with Cubase) mostly. Groove Agent has great kits and workflow, but mostly for drums use.

I also use NI Battery with Beat Designer and/or midi patterns from Groove monkey. also Battery has gazillion kits and ways to manipulate the sounds :hihi:
So, sometimes I combine more than one tool to have this great rhythm machine in my mind :)
I use mainly:
Windows 10 PC with Waldorf Blofeld as my synth/midi controller and HS7 as monitors.
Cubase 9 Pro with synths/instruments/effects mainly from u-he, Air, NI, Steinberg, Waves and Synapse Audio.
zzz00m
KVRist

Postby zzz00m; Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:22 pm Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Protocol_b wrote:SampleTank, for one - there is a free version at IK Multimedia if you want to check it out. Look into the multi's and phrases.

I have SampleTank and like it, but I don't think it is suited to this task. Sure there are many patterns that you can assign to keys and trigger the instruments with, but they are static MIDI loops. Sure you can transpose them, but as far as I can see, you cannot play them melodically and improvise. You can setup your project in a static way, but it is not "playable", except in a preset way that you can assign in advance.
Instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...
braj
KVRAF

7942 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:53 pm Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Sugarbytes has a similar plugin, Consequence.
Bladerunner1962
KVRist

Postby Bladerunner1962; Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:22 am Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Hi all,

thanks so much for your Input and suggestions.
According to only beats/drums I have already my several solutions.
Spark I also have...nice for beat drums/drum machines.
I had also a look to Consequence.

Obvouisly Transfuser is still outstanding from the concept/workflow in order to have ready LIVE playing basslines combined with brass phrases, guitar phrases, drum beats and so on. Yes, you can completly free combine all the lines/phrases/instruments on your own.
The thing with Transfuser is: great concept/great idea...BUT, too much Dub/Trance/Dance phrases and too less "classical"
basslines and phrases in other instruments.

The plugin Consequence seems, that you have to build all the phrases/basslines on your own. Or?
geqfreq
KVRist

93 posts since 31 Aug, 2015

Postby geqfreq; Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:41 am Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Ah jsut re-read your message :dog: = so here

Egoist-->
https://sugar-bytes.de/en/egoist

BStep--> run into your own synths
http://b-step.monoplugs.com/en
zzz00m
KVRist

Postby zzz00m; Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:03 pm Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Bladerunner1962 wrote:
Obvouisly Transfuser is still outstanding from the concept/workflow in order to have ready LIVE playing basslines combined with brass phrases, guitar phrases, drum beats and so on. Yes, you can completly free combine all the lines/phrases/instruments on your own.
The thing with Transfuser is: great concept/great idea...BUT, too much Dub/Trance/Dance phrases and too less "classical" basslines and phrases in other instruments.

So you are saying that you are limiting your search to a preset machine for playing live, in a more melodic style?

Many of the products alternatives suggested look very cool, but appear to be more project based, for editing and mixing a static project with, than pick up and play some presets with. You could probably use them live, by triggering your patterns and such, but actual melodic playing doesn't seem to be their strong point, where pattern sequencing, loops, and rhythms are.
pmimran
KVRer

6 posts since 2 May, 2009

Postby pmimran; Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:53 pm Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Check tone2 soft synths very good ones

Patrick Mimran
Schmidi
KVRist

125 posts since 22 Apr, 2011, from Seattle WA

Postby Schmidi; Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:15 pm Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

You know you can make/record your own phrases in Transfusor right?
Check out my cloud! https://soundcloud.com/schmidi_0
Teksonik
KVRAF

11637 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:32 pm Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

pmimran wrote:Check tone2 soft synths very good ones

Patrick Mimran

Except they can't do anything like Transfuser. You would have been better off just picking a random synth and recommending it instead..... :?

Anyway would XPand!2 also from Air Music be a possible solution for the OP ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bladerunner1962
KVRist

Postby Bladerunner1962; Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:04 am Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

geqfreq wrote:Ah jsut re-read your message :dog: = so here

Egoist-->
https://sugar-bytes.de/en/egoist

BStep--> run into your own synths
http://b-step.monoplugs.com/en

thank you very much!...looks interesting...saw the videos
Bladerunner1962
KVRist

Postby Bladerunner1962; Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:09 am Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

zzz00m wrote:So you are saying that you are limiting your search to a preset machine for playing live, in a more melodic style?

Many of the products alternatives suggested look very cool, but appear to be more project based, for editing and mixing a static project with, than pick up and play some presets with. You could probably use them live, by triggering your patterns and such, but actual melodic playing doesn't seem to be their strong point, where pattern sequencing, loops, and rhythms are.

Limiting is a little bit to hard :-)
But, I'm ownest...I like to invest time in Cantabile Performer 3 in order to set up/combine
VSTi/patches/sysex and so on in order to get my "live playing set"...or more...set for improvising.
So, yes, I "love" SOMETIMES, if I also can use "ready to play" stuff...and make changes in presets/combining presets instead of...intensive program/project work.
Bladerunner1962
KVRist

Postby Bladerunner1962; Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:12 am Re: Alternative to Transfuser (Air Technology)?

Teksonik wrote:
pmimran wrote:Check tone2 soft synths very good ones

Patrick Mimran

Except they can't do anything like Transfuser. You would have been better off just picking a random synth and recommending it instead..... :?

Anyway would XPand!2 also from Air Music be a possible solution for the OP ?

XPand!2...yes, I saw the videos...looks indeed also interesting for me...thank you!
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments