Low CPU usage paid-synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm currently looking at Audio Damage Basic. Any others you feel are worth the time?

I don't own it but supposedly Sylenth1, which is one of the most popular synths, is low CPU usage. I'm sure users can confirm this.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh yes, Korg Legacy Collection, which I do own, is a joke on CPU use. I can run 50 instances of MS-20 and hardly cause a blip.

Thanks for the suggestions, I shall demo.

Sunrizer

The synths in Reason are all low CPU too, if you're interested in exploring a different DAW. Subtractor, Malstrom, Thor all have a small footprint.
Feel free to call me Brian.

wagtunes wrote:I don't own it but supposedly Sylenth1, which is one of the most popular synths, is low CPU usage. I'm sure users can confirm this.
+1

I have that one and can confirm that.

Synapse Audio - The Legend.
With some clever optimization magic, its 4 voice poly mode uses only a tiny bit more CPU than a single voice mono mode.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Sylenth
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

DUNE2

Albino3
Z3ta1
Surge
UnoLx
Arcsyn
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:Albino3
Is that still being sold somewhere?

Dune 1 - i'm using it on my netbook (celeron n2840). Hive i also a good choice.

Everyone else has already said it. But I too am going to cast my vote to Sylenth1 as well.
There's a reason its still as big as it is, and that High Quality DSP with Low CPU usage is certainly one of the big ones.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Return to “Instruments”