Low CPU usage paid-synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can usually cram a fair few NI Massives/Sylenth1's in when the end of the ASIO meter is seeing too much of a good thing.

Probably all synths that have been around for 5 to 10 years are rather efficient by today's standards.
Also those that don't have 0df filters, yet.

Synplant.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

G-Force stuff

You would never know Sylenth1 was low CPU. That thing packs serious audio quality at any cpu use but for its CPU footprint it is nothing short of amazing. The dude who developed it knows his onions.

Yes, in terms of sound quality vs CPU load it doesn't get any better.

Noone mentioned Waldorf PPG Wave 2.2? That thing rocks for the CPU it consumes. Anything Waldorf, actually. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Gladiator is also low CPU with a really big sound. Harmor is relatively low on CPU considering what it does and compared to alternatives. Z3Ta is good too. Also VIrSyn TERA, Audjoo helix, and vember audio Surge. Sylenth1 sure is top in this category. And basically most synths that are older than 8+ years are low CPU. Mainly because back then CPUs where much lower specs, and the developers really had to come up with innovative ways of coding to lower the CPU usage to even be workable back then.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Steinberg synths: Retrologue 2 and Padshop Pro :tu:

ArcSyn
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

I use LinPlug Alpha3 on a low-powered Windows 10 tablet with excellent results.

Xils-Lab PolyKB 2 (or version 3).
Xils Oxium, and Xils Mini Syn'X.

TAL U-NO-LX

MemoryMoon ME-80 v2

RobPapen's Predator 1.6
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Brother Charles wrote:Xils-Lab PolyKB 2 (or version 3).
Xils Oxium, and Xils Mini Syn'X.

TAL U-NO-LX

MemoryMoon ME-80 v2

RobPapen's Predator 1.6
No, no, no! Those are certainly not low CPU ! :uhuhuh:

Would you consider Synthmaster One low CPU usage? It sips just .8% or so on my 4 year old i7 3770. Compared to some synths I've used, it is light. I just don't know what 'low' means here.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Return to “Instruments”