Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Bansaw
KVRist

139 posts since 19 Aug, 2008

Postby Bansaw; Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:34 pm Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

Lets say I like the kick from the Walkers preset, and the snare from the Basstone preset, and the hat from the Foly preset.

Is there an easy way of making a new drumkit preset with my favorite elements from different presets?

(ps: I only have the Reaktor player, not full Reaktor)
Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | My Ebay profile |
Bansaw
KVRist

Postby Bansaw; Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:07 am Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

Update: I am trying to create my own custom kit, so I go into a kit with the sound I like, and copy this to the clipboard using Polyplex copy icon, then I paste it into my custom drum kit.
But when I go away from my custom drumkit a second time, it loses the new sound I pasted, even though I saved the preset.
Win10x64, i7-7700k, 16Gb, 500Gb SSD, 2TB, Reaper x64. Albion One, Avenger, Motu Ethno. | My feedback | My Ebay profile |
MRT
KVRian

1048 posts since 3 Dec, 2002

Postby MRT; Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:48 am Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

Sorry to say I have no advice on the subject, but I do like Polyplex and have tried doing the same thing with no luck.

Hopefully some kind soul will come along that can shed some light on the topic.:)
mrj1nx
KVRist

234 posts since 29 Nov, 2015

Postby mrj1nx; Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 pm Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

Bansaw wrote:Update: I am trying to create my own custom kit, so I go into a kit with the sound I like, and copy this to the clipboard using Polyplex copy icon, then I paste it into my custom drum kit.
But when I go away from my custom drumkit a second time, it loses the new sound I pasted, even though I saved the preset.

Sounds like a bug?
goldenhelix
KVRist

140 posts since 19 Apr, 2011

Postby goldenhelix; Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:55 pm Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

When you say it loses the sound you pasted, do you mean there is nothing in there when you go back or it just sounds different?

I've noticed that Polyplex isn't particularly good at remembering certain settings. One thing I run into is that I will have a kick with 4 layers but two of which I have turned their volume all the way down but sometimes it seems to want to reset the volume on those other layers all by itself.

But I did test out myself what you are trying to do and it should work. I have not had anything revert when reloading the preset. You do, as I'm sure you know, have to save the preset you're working on every time you paste a new sound you're transferring from another patch. But if you're having things disappear on you when you reload it, that definitely seems like a bug to me.

I love Polyplex, though, and it's become one of my go-to drum machines when working on new tracks.
budweiser
KVRian

972 posts since 14 Oct, 2006, from france

Postby budweiser; Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:20 am Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

Freeze your object or ur track and import into a drum sampler or a kontakt instrument.
Bansaw
KVRist

Postby Bansaw; Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:12 pm Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

I think I found the solution.
It is difficult because of a bug in Reaktor which stops the "paste-sound" working, but TT tech support gave me the solution to doing this, and it works:

So in other words, the sequence should be:

1) paste the sound
2) File->Save Preset As (save your temp version of the new preset)
3) go back to another snapshot and copy another sound from there
4) File->Open Preset (load your temp preset)
5) paste the sound
6) *reset cpu? and check if everything looks/sounds as expected (the cpu reset is at the top right hand corner of the Reaktor player, the (|) button next to the NI logo )
7) back to step 2
DrFolder
KVRer

29 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby DrFolder; Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:16 am Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

I do it using snapshots.

1.I create a kit snapshot.
2.Copy sound from another kit.
3.Paste copied sound into the kit snapshot.
4.Overwrite kit snapshot.
6.Copy next sound from another kit.
7.Back to step 2.

I prefer using snapshots instead of presets.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

5488 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:35 pm Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

DrFolder wrote:I do it using snapshots.

7.Back to step 2.

If you use snapshots I guess you should work with a copy of the ensemble right? Since they are stored with the ensemble and updates could overwrite the ensemble?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
DrFolder
KVRer

29 posts since 4 Feb, 2015

Postby DrFolder; Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:41 pm Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
DrFolder wrote:I do it using snapshots.

7.Back to step 2.

If you use snapshots I guess you should work with a copy of the ensemble right? Since they are stored with the ensemble and updates could overwrite the ensemble?

Snapshots don't reload the ensemble when changing them. I make a copy of all my ensembles so they don't get overwritten by updates. This way when an ensemble is updated I just import the snap banks into it.
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

5488 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:55 pm Re: Polyplex - is there an easy way of making new drumkits from existing ones ?

Makes sense. Pain in the butt though. So is this the advantage of presets now? They are stored outside the ensemble?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments