Feedback on a singing voice generator (plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a new demo of Soho, with our new voice Lucy. We've worked hard to get a more natural response from our vocal synth, hope you like it! https://soundcloud.com/emvoice/soho-teaser-4422
Express Yourself.

rodyy wrote:The plugin is based on actual recordings of a singer. So the voices are a reflection of the original performance we capture, not the result of our own choices!
We're looking for vocal talent (especially female singers) to create new voices btw.
That's what I thought when I heard the demo. It sounds like a real voice that got processed very hard, time corrected and pitch shifted. So it's not really a generator but more a correction tool?

rodyy wrote:Here is a new demo of Soho, with our new voice Lucy. We've worked hard to get a more natural response from our vocal synth, hope you like it! https://soundcloud.com/emvoice/soho-teaser-4422
This is already very nice.

I wonder how you control the voice. How do you provide the text, formant, pitch, amplitudo etc.

if this is available in vst format and the pitch and other parameters are adjustable like vocaloid then i think we have a vocaloid + cubase competitor and i will sure buy it and + i think this thing will have a huge industry like kontakt or some thing like those.
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote:if this is available in vst format and the pitch and other parameters are adjustable like vocaloid then i think we have a vocaloid + cubase competitor and i will sure buy it and + i think this thing will have a huge industry like kontakt or some thing like those.
Absolutely, outstanding and competitive results for such a new plugin from a not yet wellknown developer.
Can only encourage you to continue doing this. Whoever´s got alot of bad to say about this, obviously never tried other singing plugins. It´s really tough to make artificial vocals sound realistic.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

wow sounds pretty good for a Virtual Singer

us Mac users couldn't get vocaloid

been using the Kontakt Blue for that

looking forward to it, though is it me or does the singer have an eastern european accent like Russian or something
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

So! When can we beta this? Very intrigued... she has a really lovely timbre, which in my opinion is half the way there when it comes to singers. Listen to Rumer and it’s almost all about the timbre - and obviously the understated way she emotes a vocal - but it’s the timbre that really engages you at first. Nice job!

realmarco wrote: is it me or does the singer have an eastern european accent like Russian or something
In parts, but also in parts as if she's from Yorkshire - 44 is 'Fot-ty Faw'. :hihi:

thank you! She's from the UK actually. PM if you want to test the beta, it should be available to a limited group in the next few weeks
Express Yourself.

We've just released a new demo with lead vocals, harmonies and more! https://youtu.be/I2qsG30XVdk
Express Yourself.

Sounds quite good, but when the syllables get short, they cut off in an unnatural manner.

Nice attempt to do speech, btw.

I'd like to see the process involved in getting it to sing a lyric line. As far as the sound I think it sounds really good.

Okay, I've been using Vocaloid for a couple of years now. I listened to Take Me Away and was all ready to say "This beats Vocaloid quality" only to find out from what I read that Take Me Away isn't the actual product. The rest of the samples are so-so at best, though I can hear the potential in this thing.

Ultimately, it's going to come down to this, for me anyway.

1. Will it be available on PC?

2. How easy is it going to be to use? Vocaloid, as far as the Cubase editor version, is very easy to use. The learning curve is negligible. So ease of use is going to be very important.

3. Price. Depending on how good this ultimately turns out to be (and the jury is still out on that) it's going to have to be competitive, price wise, with Vocaloid as far as the stock voice that comes with it and what additional voices will cost. And of course it has to be a VST.

I'm not 100% sold but from what I've heard, this COULD surpass Vocaloid in quality.

I do hope that this turns out to be everything that I think it could be.

Return to “Instruments”