Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
egbert101
KVRian

1186 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:54 am It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

So Black Friday is just over a week away, so what plugins are on your wish list for sales? I personally can't afford anything, but might sell a kidney if something good pops up. :hihi:
Aloysius
KVRAF

20682 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:08 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

A pair of Christmas socks that don't fit and a tie that's too long.
There are only a few more shopping days left until Black Friday.
tatanka
KVRian

707 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:20 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Anyone knows how good the chance on padshop pro/padshop from steinberg to be in black friday sale (or if its 50 % maybe some kind of vst collection with it included :D ) ?

I have seen the cheaper update path over padshop/update (but without soundset included in padshop pro buy) but....

They have some good sales (50 %) but seldom and mostly on single items, hard to catch up with it. Have looked for second hand but not much there....
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9798 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:26 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

tatanka wrote:Anyone knows how good the chance on padshop pro/padshop from steinberg to be in black friday sale (or if its 50 % maybe some kind of vst collection with it included :D ) ?

I have seen the cheaper update path over padshop/update (but without soundset included in padshop pro buy) but....

They have some good sales (50 %) but seldom and mostly on single items, hard to catch up with it. Have looked for second hand but not much there....

Steinberg does not typically play the Black Friday game.
pekbro
KVRian

1176 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:56 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Looking at my records, I bought Padshop Pro (no bundle) at 50% off on 02/16/2014 apparently. Don't recall what the sale was about, maybe look for a sale in the next couple months. Valentine's maybe... :shrug:

I do recall retrologue was on sale at the same time. Although, I didn't buy it.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9798 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:59 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

pekbro wrote:Looking at my records, I bought Padshop Pro (no bundle) at 50% off on 02/16/2014 apparently. Don't recall what the sale was about, maybe look for a sale in the next couple months. Valentine's maybe... :shrug:

I do recall retrologue was on sale at the same time. Although, I didn't buy it.

That's their MO. They do weird other holidays, just not Black Friday,.
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:01 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

ghettosynth:

thanks for the answer, so I will have to have a look on the second hand market again I think
tatanka
KVRian

Postby tatanka; Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:03 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

pekbro:

thank you too, yes, that was just my imagination, their sales are good (50 %) but absolutely not compehensible
felis
KVRist

174 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Postby felis; Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:04 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Nothing I can think of. I've got too much stuff I don't use now already.
wagtunes
KVRAF

9110 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Haven't made my complete list yet but at the top of it is Soundtoys Bundle.

Will have complete list later on.
ATN69
KVRian

1408 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:12 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I hope Cableguys Shaperbox bundle will be on sale. I don't know if Luftrum ever had Black Friday sale but if he has then I hope Lunaris is one of them.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
atya
KVRist

155 posts since 17 Sep, 2014, from LPGC

Postby atya; Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:20 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I'm waiting for the next $99 sale on Kirk Hunter's Diamond Orchestra but I'm not in a hurry.
foosnark
KVRAF

4025 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:33 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

No plugins on my list in particular. There are a couple of specific Eurorack modules I'm jonesing for, but I hope to score them used anyway. But I'll have an eye open for good deals on anything that seems interesting.

More importantly, we're finally replacing my spouse's computer, which I thought was slow and janky on day one and she's stubbornly stuck with for years just because reinstalling everything is a PITA. I'm insistent that the new machine has an SSD because it makes a world of difference.
antic604
KVRist

445 posts since 4 Jan, 2017, from Warsaw, Poland

Postby antic604; Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:55 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Yes, I'm looking for some physical modelling synth, ideally Kaivo from Madrona Labs :)
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604
Tools: Surface Pro 4 i7 | Arturia Minilab | DT990 Pro | Bitwig 2 | Live 9 | Studio One 3 | Reason 10 | Bazille | Reaktor 6 | Codex | Element 2.0 | Phoscyon | Spectral | RePro-1 | Neutron 2 | H-Series Bundle
EnGee
KVRAF

4066 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland - NZ

Postby EnGee; Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:39 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I already spent the money saved! So, nothing for me this year.
I use mainly:
Windows 10 PC with Waldorf Blofeld as my synth/midi controller and HS7 as monitors.
Cubase 9 Pro with synths/instruments/effects mainly from u-he, Air, NI, Steinberg, Waves and Synapse Audio.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments