Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
ATS
KVRAF

5294 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:22 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

strovoknights wrote:I'm waiting for Maschine Expansions Bundle $99

What's that?!?!?
martinjuenke
KVRian

582 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:19 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

ATS wrote:I wanted Ouput Signal but 25% is not tempting much at all.

So true!
Music was my first love ...
ambient music
http://www.mrtnjnk.bandcamp.com
egbert101
KVRian

1188 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:22 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

wagtunes wrote:Here's my question. When do the black Friday sales usually start? Do all the vendors wait until that day or do some start earlier?

Yeah, it could start anytime in November, before and after Friday. Obviously the black Friday weekend is usually when all companies join in. So now is the time to look for deals.
Silaris
KVRist

175 posts since 14 Jan, 2003, from USA

Postby Silaris; Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:12 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

For this holiday season, I am mostly interested in the following sample libraries/instruments:

• EastWest Hollywood Orchestra Gold (on sale now)
  • IK Multimedia Syntronik
  • UVI Attack EP88, Complete Toy Museum, Grand Piano Collection, Orchestral Suite, PlugSound Pro, Retro Organ Suite and Vintage Vault 2
As a Gospel and R&B/Neo-Soul musician, who has zero desire to focus on the tasks of a sound designer, I found myself moving more towards sample-based instruments and sample libraries this year, as I generally find the presets more appropriate for my needs ("bread & butter" acoustic and synth sounds).

I also plan to purchase a PreSonus Faderport 16 when it is released later this year and maybe a new microphone (Blue Bottle Rocket Mic Locker or AKG C414).
dangayle
KVRist

341 posts since 29 Mar, 2014

Postby dangayle; Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Silaris wrote:I also plan to purchase a PreSonus Faderport 16 when it is released later this year and maybe a new microphone (Blue Bottle Rocket Mic Locker or AKG C414).

Is that even a choice? The C414 is an all-purpose mainstay. Blue makes some good stuff, but the AKG is in a different league.
starflakeprj
KVRian

575 posts since 28 Feb, 2015

Postby starflakeprj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

ATS wrote:

What's that?!?!?

At least one or two times before, Native Instruments have created a bundle with 10 Maschine Expansions for only $/€99
Intel Core i7-4930K @ 4.0GHz | 64GB DDR3 | 3 x Nvidia GTX 780 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Roland QUAD-CAPTURE | M-Audio Code61
Studio One 3.5 | Reason 10 | Bitwig Studio 2.2 | Reaper 5.6 | Renoise 3.1 | FL Studio 12.5 | 450+ VSTs | 130+ Rack Extensions
Silaris
KVRist

175 posts since 14 Jan, 2003, from USA

Postby Silaris; Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:55 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

dangayle wrote:
Silaris wrote:I also plan to purchase a PreSonus Faderport 16 when it is released later this year and maybe a new microphone (Blue Bottle Rocket Mic Locker or AKG C414).

Is that even a choice? The C414 is an all-purpose mainstay. Blue makes some good stuff, but the AKG is in a different league.

Due to their popularity, I usually have access to various AKG C414 models through several friends. Therefore, I never felt an urgent need to purchase my own and always opted for other microphones. The C414 has been on my "future buy list" for decades now and I probably should just purchase my own. LOL.

Overall, I am a big Blue mic fan with the Kiwi being my favorite go-to mic for most situations, but I liked what I heard from the Blue Bottle Rocket One when I had the opportunity to use it earlier this year.
rod_zero
KVRAF

2470 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:52 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

BTW, Blue microphones have a 2x1 offer with some vendors, their humming Bird mic is included in the promotion-. I might get two now.
dedication to flying
wagtunes
KVRAF

9123 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Well, I got the 8Dio email with the coupon code and went to their site to get the Strings bundle and after entering the code, got message not applicable to this product.

So screw it.
Gribs
KVRian

848 posts since 9 Feb, 2007, from San Ramon, California

Postby Gribs; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:16 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

More physical and mental energy and free timeto do the things I want to do, my five month old Sheltie puppy to calm down a bit and finish his teething stage, and someone else besides me to make the turkey dinner.
------------------------------------------
Gribs
topaz
KVRAF

3984 posts since 14 Jul, 2001, from Kent, UK

Postby topaz; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Noiiz deal again, missed the previous one. :-(
Complete Cycle, Contemporary Music for General release, Film, TV, Media & Games.
http://www.completecycle.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/CompleteCycle/
chili beans
KVRist

225 posts since 4 Sep, 2014

Postby chili beans; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:23 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Just got the email from NI for 50% off upgrade to Komplete Ultimate. $299.50. Yea baby :phones:
Last edited by chili beans on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saukar30
KVRian

900 posts since 2 Mar, 2005

Postby Saukar30; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:31 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I have one whole I haven't plugged yet... brass.

I'm thinking either Session Horns Pro or JABB3. I know it seems like a silly comparison, besides price. But really, I'm running out of room on my hard drive & I need A LOT of versatility of sound as I do different genres of music. Session Horns offers more articulations & a crazy workflow, JABB3 offers more instruments & the horns are a little softer sounding so, it'll be easier to fit them in things. Also it's way less GBs on the HDD so load is lighter. I

Decisions, decisions.
OzoneJunkie
KVRian

927 posts since 16 Jan, 2004

Postby OzoneJunkie; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I was waiting for that too. But, I don't know if we're going to see that, as NI just put up their Thanksgiving Sale. Maybe for Christmas though... hopefully. Not that I need more Maschine packs... but if they do 10 for $99 again, and we can pick the ones we want, I'm in!
mgw38
KVRist

464 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:33 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

wagtunes wrote:Well, I got the 8Dio email with the coupon code and went to their site to get the Strings bundle and after entering the code, got message not applicable to this product.

So screw it.

Yeah, their policy towards using coupons for already discounted products is a bit unpredictable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. They really started to get on the sales wagon though. I wouldn't be surprised if they have another sale in December.

Edit: I double checked, the V8P member coupon works, the regular one doesn't.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments