Do VSTs Make The Cut?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Again, who forces you to read those threads?"

Again.. I do. Don't let The Force bite you!

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote:he'd be another Teksonik. He'd rip me to shreds..
Rip to shreds ? My God you have gossamer skin..... :lol:
wagtunes wrote:But here, with the anonymity of the Internet, people feel like they can say or do anything because there really aren't any consequences.
Anything I say to anyone on a forum I would say to their face....except here I have to have some constraints. :wink:
wagtunes wrote: I thought I'd be done with them once I became an adult.
From where I stand you've got a long way to go before you reach adulthood....
wagtunes wrote:People never really grow up.
Oh the irony........ :lol:

Ok boys....I'm going to spend yet another day playing and composing with all the great synths I own. You may continue talking about them if you wish to waste your time.... :clap:
Good. At least we'll be spared more of your condescending crap for a day.

:tantrum: Waggie's silly threads always end up in arguments and swearing, year after year. Very "Trumpy"
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote::tantrum: Waggie's silly threads always end up in arguments and swearing, year after year. Very "Trumpy"
Yeah, well people keep insisting on acting like assholes, year after year after year.

That's the part that's getting old.

wagtunes wrote:Yeah, well people keep insisting on acting like assholes, year after year after year.
You can stop being one of those "people," just sayin' :shrug:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Yeah, well people keep insisting on acting like assholes, year after year after year.
You can stop being one of those "people," just sayin' :shrug:
See, I really can't argue with that. I should just ignore all the snide comments and rudeness and pretend these people don't exist. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution for this place. That gives me 47 more days to get it all out of my system.

That may not be a bad idea. See, I have this record going where I haven't broken a New Year's resolution going 3 straight years now. So maybe if I make this one it will finally put an end to the fighting.

Okay, it's done. Starting January 1, 2018, I will no longer pay attention to the snide comments and just ignore anybody who can't speak to me like a civil human being.

Teksonik wrote:Because hardware synths are no longer the gold standard of synthesis. HW is not the zenith of synthesis.
I disagree. I think for synthesis as an instrument to make music, Eurocrack has left software behind by a far margin. The creativity that can go into a modular rack is beyond anything anyone can do in VST today. Some unbelievably cool stuff has happened in the past 5 or so years.

EnGee wrote:
Urs wrote:
EnGee wrote:
Urs wrote:My list, omitting company bias:
3) Octave Cat SRM
Now! You brought it to yourself! When are we going to see/listen/play with the Cat emulation?! :x
Well, it was sacrificed for a poly version of our previous attempt to establish a neat mono synth. The vote-by-wallet for poly stuff has teleported the priority of a Cat emulation down to the bottom part of our ever growing todo list.
I understand. I hope we can see the Cat before 2020 :pray:
I hope so too. Depends on many things in a future that is not yet set in stone.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote:I disagree. I think for synthesis as an instrument to make music, Eurocrack has left software behind by a far margin. The creativity that can go into a modular rack is beyond anything anyone can do in VST today. Some unbelievably cool stuff has happened in the past 5 or so years.
That is also one of my main criteria, is it musical? And that's where I have doubts regarding all those modern super synths, be it software or hardware, that can do wild things.

Urs wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Because hardware synths are no longer the gold standard of synthesis. HW is not the zenith of synthesis.
I disagree. I think for synthesis as an instrument to make music, Eurocrack has left software behind by a far margin. The creativity that can go into a modular rack is beyond anything anyone can do in VST today. Some unbelievably cool stuff has happened in the past 5 or so years.
"cool stuff" is ok, but its not musical in the mainstream sense. Its a niche market for niche sounds.

fluffy_little_something wrote:That is also one of my main criteria, is it musical? And that's where I have doubts regarding all those modern super synths, be it software or hardware, that can do wild things.
This is a point that's really hit home for me over this year. Software and hardware that makes wild-ass noises with bizarre methods is kind of fun for a while but it doesn't have staying power. Waverazor, Atmegatron, Kastle, Synchrodyne... all sold or sitting idle.

My favorite synths (modules, effects, whatever) tend to be the ones that can get dirty and/or weird in precisely the amount I want them to, but start from a clean and musical base.

AnX wrote:"cool stuff" is ok, but its not musical in the mainstream sense. Its a niche market for niche sounds.
Ignoring "mainstream" because I don't care about that at all -- there is nothing inherently unmusical about Eurorack; it's all in what you do with it.

Do you (a list of users) have a list of modular videos that aren't just the stereotype blips and blops? Not something that glitch 1.3 random does for free, but actual musical sounds that makes you think: "Wow, i can't do that with regular methods"?

Daru925 wrote:Do you (a list of users) have a list of modular videos that aren't just the stereotype blips and blops? Not something that glitch 1.3 random does for free, but actual musical sounds that makes you think: "Wow, i can't do that with regular methods"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD_uBLfysz0

Daru925 wrote:Do you (a list of users) have a list of modular videos that aren't just the stereotype blips and blops? Not something that glitch 1.3 random does for free, but actual musical sounds that makes you think: "Wow, i can't do that with regular methods"?

Thats the whole point of a modular, to not make normal sounds. Its a stoners instrument :wink:

Return to “Instruments”