Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

Favorite Synth to Program

djmino02
KVRian

549 posts since 23 Nov, 2011

Postby djmino02; Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:35 pm Favorite Synth to Program

I'm curious what some faves are to program?

I just recently started playing around with Massive after watching a few tutorials online.

If you have a favorite and there's a tutorial that you saw online that helped you understand the nuts and bolts of how to program feel free to share.

Thanks!
zerocrossing
KVRAF

9132 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:44 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

This might sound crazy, but time and time again I always end up in Omnisphere 2. It's not the best at everything it does, but the combination of features, overall quality and ease of use make it a dream to work with.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
Robmobius
KVRAF

3037 posts since 9 Sep, 2010, from A shit hole (Ireland).

Postby Robmobius; Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

zerocrossing wrote:This might sound crazy, but time and time again I always end up in Omnisphere 2. It's not the best at everything it does, but the combination of features, overall quality and ease of use make it a dream to work with.

I think Omni 2 is a joy to work with overall despite a few fiddly bits.

I think Serum is great to work with and so is Thorn, Repro, Icarus, Nemesis.
Dublin City: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
wagtunes
KVRAF

10443 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:01 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

For the longest time I really couldn't answer this question, but now that it looks like development is starting to pick up, it's hands down Softube Modular. I'm coming close to 1,000 patches programmed on this thing and am not even close to running out of ideas.
Niowiad
KVRist

82 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Postby Niowiad; Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:31 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

Not my "main synth" so to speak. But everytime I try to come up with something in Curve2 (Cableguys) I have a great time :party:
sqigls
KVRAF

2698 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:35 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

Thorn
by far
Spencer Maddox
KVRist

186 posts since 19 Oct, 2017

Postby Spencer Maddox; Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:46 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

Serum. Ive always been in love with the Wavetable creator and the very user friendly and Visual interface

Falcon also is one of my favorites. I use that one a TON. Especially with sound design.

And I know it's brand new so its a bit early but tonight and thorough the beta phase over the past 20 days I am having an absolute ball with ANA 2.

Just three for me personally that are worth noting. I can't really pick one of the three that I like more actually. I use all of em :hihi:
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
More Espresso Less Depresso
Richard deHove
KVRist

234 posts since 22 Mar, 2016

Postby Richard deHove; Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:50 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

SPC ArcSyn because the patches I make in that are always weird effects rather than standard sounds.
EnGee
KVRAF

4267 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from NZ

Postby EnGee; Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:11 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

djmino02 wrote:
I just recently started playing around with Massive after watching a few tutorials online.

This what came to my mind when I read the title! Massive! It still has the most inviting environment to play around. The modulators, colours, routing ..etc. All that make it a very pleasant feeling :)

Razor comes second as it is has this wonderful visual feedback, but also the great and unique effects :tu:

Win 10 Ryzen 5 1600x PC with Cubase 9 Pro, Casio PX-5S, AudioBox iTwo and Yamaha HS7
braj
KVRAF

8996 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:41 pm Re: Favorite Synth to Program

Right now it is Repro-1 for me. It just feels so right. You can almost smell the circuits warming up. I am also liking Synthmaster One, it has a lot of capacity with all the waveforms and filter types and I enjoy the effects, it is just easy to get where I'm going with it.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
ZaBong69
KVRist

123 posts since 5 Oct, 2015

Postby ZaBong69; Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:21 am Re: Favorite Synth to Program

sqigls wrote:Thorn
by far

+1

I do love several synths for different reasons, but Thorn's GUI is a marvel of efficiency. Just enough "more" without being "too much".

Second place would be Avenger. When I need "much more" or even "too much", there it is.
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

352 posts since 21 Apr, 2017, from Bahia, Brazil

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 am Re: Favorite Synth to Program

The Waldorf PPG V2 is always so much fun for me. Never gets old.
Acknowledgement
KVRist

38 posts since 31 Oct, 2017

Postby Acknowledgement; Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:19 am Re: Favorite Synth to Program

Omnisphere 2 and Zebra 2.
nilhartman
KVRist

373 posts since 15 Feb, 2012, from France

Postby nilhartman; Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:23 am Re: Favorite Synth to Program

Bazille and Diva. Fun, intuitive to operate, so inspiring and fantastic souding.
egbert101
KVRAF

2045 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:25 am Re: Favorite Synth to Program

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most Gothic description of Capital is also the most accurate. Capital is an abstract parasite, an insatiable vampire and zombie maker; but the living flesh it coverts into dead labor is ours, and the zombies it makes are us. --Mark Fisher
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments