Favorite Synth to Program

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm curious what some faves are to program?

I just recently started playing around with Massive after watching a few tutorials online.

If you have a favorite and there's a tutorial that you saw online that helped you understand the nuts and bolts of how to program feel free to share.

Thanks!

This might sound crazy, but time and time again I always end up in Omnisphere 2. It's not the best at everything it does, but the combination of features, overall quality and ease of use make it a dream to work with.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:This might sound crazy, but time and time again I always end up in Omnisphere 2. It's not the best at everything it does, but the combination of features, overall quality and ease of use make it a dream to work with.
I think Omni 2 is a joy to work with overall despite a few fiddly bits.

I think Serum is great to work with and so is Thorn, Repro, Icarus, Nemesis.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

For the longest time I really couldn't answer this question, but now that it looks like development is starting to pick up, it's hands down Softube Modular. I'm coming close to 1,000 patches programmed on this thing and am not even close to running out of ideas.

Not my "main synth" so to speak. But everytime I try to come up with something in Curve2 (Cableguys) I have a great time :party:

Thorn
by far

Serum. Ive always been in love with the Wavetable creator and the very user friendly and Visual interface

Falcon also is one of my favorites. I use that one a TON. Especially with sound design.

And I know it's brand new so its a bit early but tonight and thorough the beta phase over the past 20 days I am having an absolute ball with ANA 2.

Just three for me personally that are worth noting. I can't really pick one of the three that I like more actually. I use all of em :hihi:
Last edited by Spencer Maddox on Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

SPC ArcSyn because the patches I make in that are always weird effects rather than standard sounds.

djmino02 wrote:
I just recently started playing around with Massive after watching a few tutorials online.
This what came to my mind when I read the title! Massive! It still has the most inviting environment to play around. The modulators, colours, routing ..etc. All that make it a very pleasant feeling :)

Razor comes second as it is has this wonderful visual feedback, but also the great and unique effects :tu:

Right now it is Repro-1 for me. It just feels so right. You can almost smell the circuits warming up. I am also liking Synthmaster One, it has a lot of capacity with all the waveforms and filter types and I enjoy the effects, it is just easy to get where I'm going with it.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

sqigls wrote:Thorn
by far
+1

I do love several synths for different reasons, but Thorn's GUI is a marvel of efficiency. Just enough "more" without being "too much".

Second place would be Avenger. When I need "much more" or even "too much", there it is.

The Waldorf PPG V2 is always so much fun for me. Never gets old.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Omnisphere 2 and Zebra 2.

Bazille and Diva. Fun, intuitive to operate, so inspiring and fantastic souding.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”