Favorite Synth to Program

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes Sylenth1 can be pretty punchy. Good for drum sounds. Also i agree that U-NO-LX is pretty basic, but sounds fantastic.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I think I might get Synthmaster One after all. Demoed it when it came out, but there were still some bugs. Is it rock solid by now?
The sound and GUI are very good (although the labels could be a bit more legible). Hard to believe it is so affordable, maybe because the cost of living in Turkey is lower 8)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Just downloaded it, the reverb also sucks, just like on Sylenth1. Is the reverb so difficult to get right? 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Just downloaded it, the reverb also sucks, just like on Sylenth1. Is the reverb so difficult to get right? 8)
Very few synth reverbs are any good.

So it seems... I can't really think of any at the moment 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:So it seems... I can't really think of any at the moment 8)
P900 reverb module is superb.....even better than (but not as versatile) a lot dedicated reverb plug-ins. :D

fluffy_little_something wrote:Just downloaded it, the reverb also sucks, just like on Sylenth1. Is the reverb so difficult to get right? 8)
The reverb in Spire is very good.

And, yep, seems to be quite an art to get it right.

The reverb in ANA is quite good.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

The reverb in Avenger should be great too, considering it's based on the ArtsAcoustic reverb. :)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

friends don't let other friends not use Breeze 2

some synth verbs kind suck, on their own, but often they just work with the given tone of the synth.
the Synthmaster and Sylenth1 verbs sounds ok in the context of the whole package. generally

Dmitry's Thorn reverb is lovely, though i often wish it had more control.

wagtunes wrote:
Very few synth reverbs are any good.
smart devs incorporate only insert effects like distortion/overdrive or chorus like the roland junos

Listening Charlatan Dev? :wink:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

A chorus and distortion in Charlatan would be great!

Halonmusic wrote:A chorus and distortion in Charlatan would be great!
To what purpose? Plenty of great chorus and distortion FX out there.

I just finished a song and one of the tracks was an MS-20 patch that was bone dry. I threw some Soundtoys stuff on it and you couldn't even tell it was an MS-20 patch anymore.

Synths don't need FX. Most of them suck anyway outside of a few top end synths and even some of them suck in the FX department.

The only thing built in FX are REALLY good for in a synth is if you're a sound designer. They help sell the patches. Other than that, you don't need 'em. Buy a few high end FX and you're set.

Charlatan is a great synth that is a perfect example of something to use external FX on.

Return to “Instruments”