Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
granulizer

InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
InertiaSoundSystems wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:Keeps failing validation in Logic
Hello el-bo, we have uploaded a hotfix for the demo version. You can try it out and let us know how it went.
Thank you for your feedback !
It didn't work on initial boot, but it passed when re-scanning once a Logic project was open. Thanks for the quick update.

An interesting little (Like, really little) plugin, that gives instant results. If you are taking feature requests, then being able to zoom in and out of the waveform would be second on my list; right after the gui size increase :tu:
Yes, user input is crucial to us, as we are also producers - composers and we value easy to use and versatile plugins. Waveform zoom +- is among our priorities! A larger GUI is also on the list!
best,
Great to hear :tu:

Did some tests with different audio material. So far, pretty cool little grain synth!

Here are some of its strengths, from my personal view as I granular synthesis lover:
-very easy to use, straight forward and intuitive
-you get interesting results very quickly
-like the in the box spectral mangler, especially the frequency shifter
-drag and drop samples, a must all sample based synths should have

Some of its weakness:
-no preset system (at least can't see where in there demo)
-no pitch/transpose parameter
-GUI too small and not adjustable
-no zoom tool into the loaded audio
-crying for modulations to apply to the parameters

So far still, it's pretty fun and I think it hides some great potential if you keep improving it.

simmo75 wrote:Getting crazy CPU spikes here with the update.
It's cool now with Logic but Ableton Live 10 beta on mac Sierra really doesn't like it.

It was fine in the previous version on Live but it did crash fairly often.
simmo75, the hotfix for the demo validation in logic was totally irrelevant with the actual synth process or CPU load. And here i should explain why this might happen. The CPU spikes most probably happen when the dry/wet parameter in the fx section is not 0, meaning there is a wet amount, meaning that the fx section is active.

As mentioned in the manual, there is cases that CPU load can get quite high, even if the code is highly optimized, .. and this was a choice we made. The fx section performs complex spectral processing on every grain. This means that high density, alone, or combined with high speed, can raise the CPU load really high.
We chose to keep it like this, because there was cases that the final result was so beautiful that made us hold back regarding restrictions that would keep the CPU low, but also restrict the ability to obtain such effects.

In many cases you can reduce the window size, density, or speed and get similar results, without high CPU load.

best,
Last edited by InertiaSoundSystems on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neon Breath wrote:Did some tests with different audio material. So far, pretty cool little grain synth!

Here are some of its strengths, from my personal view as I granular synthesis lover:
-very easy to use, straight forward and intuitive
-you get interesting results very quickly
-like the in the box spectral mangler, especially the frequency shifter
-drag and drop samples, a must all sample based synths should have

Some of its weakness:
-no preset system (at least can't see where in there demo)
-no pitch/transpose parameter
-GUI too small and not adjustable
-no zoom tool into the loaded audio
-crying for modulations to apply to the parameters

So far still, it's pretty fun and I think it hides some great potential if you keep improving it.
Neon Breath, thanks a lot for the feedback !
Regarding the preset system, we though about that, and we decided not to include one right now. We decided to let the users free to load their own samples, tweak and play and create their original results. We know that in future versions where things will get more complicated, presets might be necessary and we keep this in mind.

Regarding pitch, zoom, and larger GUI, as mentioned earlier, will be featured in the short future.
Modulations is a thought too. For the time being, all parameters can be automated through your DAW.
And again, thank you for the feedback!

As promised : Black Friday offer for Granulizer 60% off, up to December 1st! Shipping at 14 euros !

@InertiaSoundSystems
Are controls exposed to Logic X's automation system?
EDIT : Never mind, just saw the post before.
Last edited by nordickvr on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

oh yeah, 2-4 lfo's with position etc. didnt really saw that ;D.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

nordickvr wrote:@InertiaSoundSystems
Are controls exposed to Logic X's automation system?
EDIT : Never mind, just saw the post before.
granulizer automation list.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I can confirm all controls can be automated and are exposed in Ableton Live too.

Bought it and am having fun with it.

It is causing some crashes on Sierra, Ableton Live 10 but i'm sure you guys will be fixing as you can.

Great plug-in!
Many thanks

It's also nice to have a granular synth that is not fully bloated and swollen with hundreds of features you will never or very rarely use. Just straight to the point granular experimentation, with no fuss.

Especially for its price, it’s a cool little grain toy and I hope you’ll keep updating and maintaining it.

Neon Breath wrote:I can confirm all controls can be automated and are exposed in Ableton Live too.
We are also being working on midi learn by just clicking on the Granulizer knobs (saves some trouble in Logic). We'll be updating the plugin soon and we'll let you know !

simmo75 wrote:Bought it and am having fun with it.

It is causing some crashes on Sierra, Ableton Live 10 but i'm sure you guys will be fixing as you can.

Great plug-in!
Many thanks
Thank you for the feedback!
you can always contact us here https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/contact/
and share any details that can be helpful for us to debug, like crash logs etc.
Cheers!

Neon Breath wrote:It's also nice to have a granular synth that is not fully bloated and swollen with hundreds of features you will never or very rarely use. Just straight to the point granular experimentation, with no fuss.

Especially for its price, it’s a cool little grain toy and I hope you’ll keep updating and maintaining it.
Thanks Neon Breath!
Yes that's the plan and we have some really cool features in mind :wink: !

No Windows version in 2017/2018? Sounds great tho...

Return to “Instruments”