Hexeract By Auddict

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been spending some more time with this and finally figured out my way around it. Manual not as urgent now. But it has been a grueling day to get here.

The more I dive in, the more I like this. Really excels at ambient and experimental. I don't think I'd use it for conventional stuff as there are other synths that get you there faster and easier. But for off the wall, eerie, strange, mysterious and chilling soundtracks, this thing is up there with Omnisphere but easier to work with because it's not as complex.

Custom samples can really take this to a whole new place.

So, since this uses JUCE framework, can the interface be freely resized? That would move Hexeract much closer to must-buy, all other things being equal, since a lot of us are moving to UHD monitors, and most GUIs are nearly unusable at that resolution.

Tj Shredder wrote:
Dozius wrote:
egbert101 wrote:EDIT: Eh, they have a different policy for commercial license, which seems to contradict the idea of open source. Oh well!
Yeah, they should ditch the dual license so only open source projects can use it. :hihi:
The open source idea is not about banning of making a living with your craft. The most successful open source projects would not exist, if that would have been the idea (MySQL, Qt and Juce comes to mind). On the contrary, that model will strengthen the project. At the moment the sources are made by Hart. Its his copyright. He can decide whatever is appropriate. But you as a user can take the sources and modify them to your liking. Only if you want to publish your results, they have to be either open source again, or you have to buy another license from the original creator. It will become more complicated, if you open sourced some changes and someone wants to close it again, then that someone would have to get/buy the permission of all contributors, which is close to impossible, because you would also need a commercial license from Hart...
The GPL does not prevent you from selling your changes for some cash, but you have to keep the sources open which would make it impossible to protect it with any kind of DRM or copyprotection. Look for Ardour, they sell the Mac and Windows binaries, and Mixbus which is partially closed is based on Ardour... Without the support of Harrison Ardour would not be even close to the professional state it is now!

Thank you for the manual. Now I am really curious....

The real test will be a demo I can feed sounds to and see what it can do with them.....

GreyLion wrote:So, since this uses JUCE framework, can the interface be freely resized? That would move Hexeract much closer to must-buy, all other things being equal, since a lot of us are moving to UHD monitors, and most GUIs are nearly unusable at that resolution.
You can resize the GUI to 100%, 125%, 150% and 200%

Great! Like everybody else, I'm waiting for more info/demos/vids for Hexeract. But the ability to zoom to 150% and 200% definitely puts this on my list. Good luck with the rest of your roll-out!

Auddict-audio wrote:One quick thing that isn't in the manual yet, that I just have to mention now - if you are using a sample set in HEXERACT, and want multiple unison voices - make sure you turn up the "sample mod" value all the way, and you will see the phases will be randomised nicely so you'll get a nice lush sound without any adverse phasing!

http://hexeractsynth.com/manual/HEXERAC ... %201.0.pdf

Very close to releasing some demo videos too, stay tuned :)

How exactly do you do this please? I just get phasing and can't find 'sample mod'... :help:

Loving this synth.

simmo75 wrote:
Auddict-audio wrote:One quick thing that isn't in the manual yet, that I just have to mention now - if you are using a sample set in HEXERACT, and want multiple unison voices - make sure you turn up the "sample mod" value all the way, and you will see the phases will be randomised nicely so you'll get a nice lush sound without any adverse phasing!

How exactly do you do this please? I just get phasing and can't find 'sample mod'... :help:

Loving this synth.
Click on an oscillator's LCD, for the sound you have doubled up with unison voices, and on the little sample window browser, you'll see two sliders at the bottom - sample start (offsets sample start) and sample mod, which randomises the phases, with the added benefit that no one note you play will sound the same... and of course no phase cancellation ;)

Auddict-audio wrote:
simmo75 wrote:

Loving this synth.
Click on an oscillator's LCD, for the sound you have doubled up with unison voices, and on the little sample window browser, you'll see two sliders at the bottom - sample start (offsets sample start) and sample mod, which randomises the phases, with the added benefit that no one note you play will sound the same... and of course no phase cancellation ;)
Thanks!
And congratulations for this wonderful synth!
What a great start to what I hope is a long term future.

Will you email customers when updates are available?
I noticed there's now a manual and I didn't receive notification.

simmo75 wrote:
Auddict-audio wrote:
simmo75 wrote:

Loving this synth.
Thanks!
And congratulations for this wonderful synth!
What a great start to what I hope is a long term future.

Will you email customers when updates are available?
I noticed there's now a manual and I didn't receive notification.
Thanks a lot! We don't want to spam everyone too much, so we'll send a notification when there's a considerably full manual, instead of every time we add a little to it :)

First preset overview going through various different included presets! The next videos to come will focus on some patch building and editing with HEXERACT, we're very excited to get on to those...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KlepvbdZM&t=25s

jeez, the cpu is really high!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:jeez, the cpu is really high!
Ah was meaning to mention this, the CPU percent is a scary number which is a little misleading... first of all, it only shows peaks , I was running with very low latency also so higher cou load, and it only utilises one core, so a % of the core. I’d be happy to upload a video showing the cpu monitor so people can see it’s pretty fine. Hexeract isn’t a light instrument, but it’s not abnormal either

Will you be adding more filter types?

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”